- How the laser epilator works
- How to use the laser epilator
- What to look for when choosing
Every girl wants to look attractive in the eyes of the opposite sex, for this they use different methods: follow diets, visit gyms and beauty salons. One of the procedures that beauticians offer for women is the removal of unwanted vegetation on the body. The procedure is expensive, so women are trying to hold it at home with a laser epilator. It removes hair well and is easy to operate. But not everyone knows how to use it. Let's take a look at how to properly conduct laser hair removal at home.
How does the laser epilator
The principle of operation of the laser epilator is as follows: the device produces IR light, which affects the hair and destroys the bulb, causing the hair to fall out. Note that while the skin is not exposed to damage.
Professional devices are quite expensive due to the fact that they use ruby, alexandrite and sapphire lasers. Household laser epilators are cheaper in cost. Their work is based on semiconductor crystals. This affects the capacity of the unit, and the area of the treated area. Therefore, at home on one zone will require 3 procedures.
The action of the laser epilator is effective only with the active phase of hair growth. Therefore, often after the first procedures, hair continues to grow. Basically, it takes about six months to completely get rid of hair.
How to use the laser epilator
If there are no contraindications to the use of the epilator, then you can proceed to the procedure. Before using the device, it is necessary to read the instructions. Using the epilator, observe the following recommendations:
- Examine the operating rules, which indicate the recommended power of the device.
- Laser epilator has 2 contact buttons - both must touch the skin surface, otherwise the device will not start to work.
- Carry out the procedure on a small area of the skin, and then observe the reaction in the treated area for 24 hours.
- Remove hair 1-3 millimeters long.
- The skin should be dry and clean before the procedure.
- Less to be in the sun 2 weeks before using the epilator.
- For 3 days it is necessary to shave the hairs in the treated area.
- Protective equipment must not be used before the procedure.
- During the same session it is impossible to process the same skin area twice.
- Repeat the procedure can be repeated no earlier than 2 weeks.
- In order to completely get rid of hair, it is necessary to perform at least 2 procedures that will need to be repeated every 3 months for the next 3 years.
- Do not wear tight clothing after the procedure.
- For 14 days, do not use cosmetics with an alcohol content.
- Avoid massage for 3 days.
- In the summer, you need to use sunscreen with an SPF 30 before going out.
Before you choose an epilator, you must follow some guidelines. Need to take into account the color of growing hair. The effect will be good if you need to destroy the dark hair follicle. With thin, light hairs and down the apparatus can not cope. And also it can not be used on dark skin, because the radiation is simply scattered on the treated surface.
Laser epilator has a number of contraindications. Can not be used for:
- Skin diseases.
- Malignant Tumors.
- Active Phase Tuberculosis.
- Ailments of the cardiovascular system.
- Aggravated allergy.
- A large number of moles, papillomas and warts.
- Viral infections.
What to look for when choosing
When purchasing an epilator, consider the following:
- The time of the procedure.
- The skin area to be treated - the bigger it is, the less time it takes to remove hair.
- The length of the laser beam - the minimum figure should be 808 nm, if the length is less, then getting a burn is possible.
- A diode or neodymium unit can also be used on dark skin. Blondes fit alexandrite option.
- The area of skin that will be affected by the device.
- Cost - according to experts, it is better to purchase epilators from the middle price category.
- Convenience - depilating hair is a lengthy procedure, so it should sit comfortably in your hand, be compact and mark a long cord.
- Maintenance - mostly laser epilators do not need to be replaced with accessories.
- Availability of cooling option - so that hair removal is not painful, some devices are equipped with a cooling function that minimizes discomfort.
And it is also necessary to buy units of well-known manufacturers that have already proven themselves in the market. . In this review, we talked about the principles of operation of laser epilators, the available contraindications and usage rules. If you decide to buy this device, the article will help you make the right choice.