Soaked apples are the most common form of this fruit. They are closed not only in pure form, but they often add rowan, cabbage, honey, straw. Properly soaked fruits can be stored for up to half a year, or even until the next harvest. Previously, soaking was done only in wooden barrels, now delicious apples come out of glass containers.
Small fruits are usually picked up for the recipe of roasted apples so that they are saturated with marinade as much as possible. Apples of late varieties are considered the most suitable. They must be firm, well ripened. If you have an Antonovka, Titovka, Pepin or Anise in your garden, do not miss the moment and be sure to soak the apples in any way provided below.
Apples for urinating should be strictly without rotten and damaged areas, otherwise the presence of such can ruin the whole work.
Wet apples in cans
For pickled apples in cans, you need to choose 10 kilograms of small ripe fruits. You will also need 200 grams of sugar and 1 tbsp.spoon salt, subsequently diluted with 5 liters of water. The aroma of this drug will give the leaves of fruit trees and shrubs along the beam: currants, cherries, raspberries, melissa or mint.
- Wash the whole apples without removing the stem.
- Wash the fragrant foliage. Let it dry.
- In sterile jars layers start to lay out the ingredients. The bottom layer of leaves will be covered with a layer of apples. Then again leaves on top of apples, and again apples to the top. Fruit should be located as close to each other as possible.
- It was the turn to make a composition for urinating. Mix the specified proportions of water, salt and sugar. Boil them and boil for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour the cooled marinade into the jars to the top. Do not pour out the remains of the marinade, it is still needed. Cover with a light piece of fabric, send to a well ventilated room for a couple of days. During this time, the apples will absorb some portion of the marinade, which should be replenished. Add marinade to jars. After a few days, the pickled apples will start to ferment, and foam will appear on the surface of the jar, which should be carefully removed and discarded.
- Then close the nylon cover and transfer to the cellar. After 2 months the fruit is ready. Enjoy your meal!
If fruits of different sizes, those that are larger should be placed at the bottom of the jar.
Soaked apples in a barrel
Soaked apples in a barrel have a distinctive taste than soaked apples in cans. For storage in such a container will need 5 kg of apples, and more can be, it all depends on the size of the barrel. As additional ingredients, 20 pieces of currant leaves, grapes and cherries will perform, straw, 200 grams of rye flour can be added. Prepared for the marinade: 250 grams of sugar, 50 grams of salt, 5 liters of running water.
- Prepare a wooden barrel: wash thoroughly with plain water, then steam it with boiling water.
- Wash the whole fruit with the tails.
- Layering specified components. The first layer begins with the leaves and ends with them.
- Boil water, add salt, sugar and flour. Cool it down. Pour the ingredients in the barrel to the top and cover with oppression. After 5 days, the fruit will ferment, and, therefore, they should be moved to a cool place.
- You can enjoy the result in a month.
Instead of a wooden barrel, you can use enameled metal.
Soaked apples with cabbage
Apples stewed with cabbage will be infused in a regular saucepan, so for 3 kilograms of fruit you need to pick up the appropriate amount of enameled ware. Complete the dish 4 kg of cabbage and 3 pieces of medium-sized carrots. Marinade will consist of 3 tbsp.spoons of salt and 2 tbsp.tablespoons of sugar, soluble in 1 glass of water.
- Skip washed carrots on a grater with large holes.
- Chop cabbage, add carrot, salt and sugar into it. Mix and stretch your hands. The resulting cabbage juice is not poured, it is still needed when cooking the marinade.
- Purely washed fruits start to be laid in the pan, filling the empty spaces with cabbage. Future peeled apples at home are crammed very tightly. Cover the top of the ingredients with a wide layer of cabbage.
- Cook the marinade from cabbage juice, water, salt and sugar. Cool and pour the cooked pot into the saucepan with the apples.
- Cover the ingredients with whole cabbage leaves, put a plate and bend it on it. Keep for two weeks at room temperature, then move to a cool place for another two weeks.
- Bon appetit!
In order to preserve soaked apples as long as possible, they must be placed in a cold room: cellar, refrigerator. Proper soaking and storage will allow you to enjoy delicious apples for a long time.