Content of the article:
lard Salo is a traditional and popular product of the people. Salting is still held in many houses today. The taste of properly cooked salty bacon is soft, tender and melting in the mouth. Salo is also a very useful food product, especially necessary for the human body in the cold season.
Natural fat - fat is useful
For the normal functioning of the body, every person needs fats. The composition of natural fat contains essential fatty acids involved in cell formation and metabolic processes. Fat prevents inflammatory and catarrhal diseases, is good for the skin, nerves, joints and bones. Regularly it is necessary for the mind, vision and beauty.
Composition of lard - useful substances:
- arachidonic acid - a participant in the formation of hormones in the body;
- useful cholesterol, which increases the elasticity and flexibility of blood vessels;
- saturated and unsaturated fatty acids necessary for proper metabolism;
- vitamins - A, E, PP, D and group B;
- minerals - calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, selenium, sodium, copper and others.
As with any medicine, lard is useful in small quantities - no more than 2-3 pieces of bread per day are allowed for consumption.
Salo is 100% animal fat, high-calorie and difficult to digest, therefore it should be consumed moderately and periodically. There are many fatty bad for the figure and hard for the liver.
Choosing lard for salting
Before salting lard at home, you must select this product on the market or in a store.
Secrets of the correct selection of fat for salting:
- fresh fat is cut smoothly and easily;
- on the cut it should be a uniform white or pale pink color, usually an old and stale product has a dark color;
- pork skin should be thin, a thick layer of skin indicates insufficient feeding of the animal;
- lard is a product that is subject to mandatory inspection by sanitary authorities, and a quality and safety stamp is placed on inspected goods.
The choice of fat is a matter of personal taste. Someone chooses pieces with wide meat layers, someone like a homogeneous white layer. Some are delighted with fat pork belly, others prefer lean ribs with an elegant layer of bacon.
Salting of lard in brine
Salting of lard at home can be carried out in different ways, the hot method is considered simple and popular. This recipe fits thick and wide fat.
Salted lard in hot brine:
- Preparation. The skin should be thoroughly cleaned with a knife; a large piece is cut into small and convenient parts for salting.
- Ingredients. For two kg of fat, you will need one and a half liters of water, a glass of salt, 15 black peppercorns, 5 large bay leaves, a teaspoon of ready adzhika, one garlic head, a handful of onion peel and 5 tablespoons of liquid smoke.
- Brine. The water is brought to a boil, then salt, adjika, spices and onion peel are added to it, and liquid smoke is introduced in 2-3 minutes.
- Salting process. Pieces of bacon should be dipped into boiling water so that the liquid completely covers them. Next, you need to reduce the heat, bring the water to a boil again and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cooking time. The finished brine remains on the stove for 12 hours to cool down and final salting of the meat product.
- Storage. At the expiration of the allotted time, the brine merges, and pieces of salty fat are laid out on paper.
- Filing. Dry lard is rubbed with garlic and powdered with paprika. Before you cut it, put the piece in the refrigerator for several hours.
Salo for serving is cut better if you preserve it for a while in the freezer. Fat will freeze slightly, it will be convenient to cut it with a knife into thin and beautiful plates.
Salting of lard in brine in a cold way allows you to get a dish of excellent taste, which over time does not turn yellow and does not age, is stored for a long time, without losing its benefits and taste.
Rapid salting of lard - four express methods of the
. A quick recipe for salting lard is always exposed to high temperatures. For this purpose, hot pickle is used, cooking in the oven, multi-cooker or microwave. At the same time, the taste of the dish only benefits - the spices give up all their flavor, the fat becomes as soft and tender as possible.
1 way - salted lard for 3 hours
How to pickle lard in a jar - the fastest and easiest recipe. Chunks of medium thickness fit tightly into a glass jar - from 3 to 6 cm, garlic is added there and salt is added to taste. In a jar of lard, salt and garlic boiled water is poured. For this recipe, the cooking time is only a few hours. Ready salted fat stored in the refrigerator, it must be eaten for a week.
2 way - lard in the oven
To make a tasty baked lard, in the cooking process, you must use different seasonings, garlic, herbs and herbs. They give the product all its taste and aroma, the result is a truly festive meal.
A thick and long piece of bacon with a good layer of meat is suitable for the recipe in the oven. It is necessary to generously rub Adygei salt with herbs and garlic, then add spices, you can use a special composition for pork with dry mustard, turmeric and spices. Top should be made cuts in which is placed garlic, fat rubbed adzhika. The prepared product is wrapped in a bag and cleaned for an hour in the refrigerator. The dish is prepared in the oven at a temperature of about 200 ° for 1.5-2 hours, depending on the size of the piece. The finished dish can be immediately served on the table.
3 way - cooking bacon in a multi-cooker
The multi-cooker hundred became a friend and helper in the kitchen for many housewives. It will allow you to quickly and tasty cook fat. It is better to take a not too thick piece that fits on the multicooker grid, with beautiful alternating layers of lard and meat. The selected product is abundantly rubbed with salt, grated garlic, seasonings and spices. Next, it should be put in a sleeve for baking and leave to marinate for half an hour at room temperature. In the bowl multicooker should pour a glass of water and set the grid. The dish is cooked for an hour in the mode of cooking for a couple.
4 way - salting of lard in the package
How to pickle salty bacon at home? You can quickly get a beautiful and savory lard with a regular plastic bag. For 2 kg you will need 150 grams of salt, a pinch of black and red ground pepper, a few cloves of garlic. Fat is cut in small cubes, with a width of no more than 4 cm, which should be cut across, for high-quality and fast salting. Slices need to wipe with salt, sprinkle with a mixture of peppers, insert garlic in the cuts. The prepared product is put into the bag and put in the refrigerator. After three days you can try the readiness of fat.
Salting of Salo - original recipes for fans of
Salting of bacon in brine at home presents many interesting ways and original cooking methods. Each housewife can modify the recipe in accordance with personal taste preferences and family preferences.
Recipe No. 1 Salted fat in a brine
Strong saline solution or brine for salting fat can significantly increase the shelf life of the product, without compromising its taste and benefits. For 2 kg of lard you will need 2 glasses of water, a glass of salt, a few bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic. Water must be boiled, dissolved in salt and then boiled for another 15 minutes. Allow the liquid to cool, and at this time fill a three-liter jar with small pieces of bacon, mixed with spices and garlic. Fill the jar with brine to the brim and keep it in a dark cool place for a week. Pack the finished product in cling film and put it in the fridge.
Recipe No. 2 Spicy lard with garlic and spices
Salting of fat with the dry method with garlic allows you to salt layers of any size - large or medium. For spice it is best to take a mixture of special spices for fat, sold by weight. Garlic for this recipe should be skipped through the garlic press or finely chopped with a knife. The bottom of the jar for salting is covered with a layer of salt, further placed pieces, sprinkled with seasoning and rubbed with garlic.
A little more salt is added under the lid. The minimum time for dry salting is one week. Before freezing, the product is removed from the jar, scraped off excess salt and spices, wrapped in cellophane, foil or parchment, and stored.
Salo is a high-fat product that is friendly with salt and seasonings. You can not be afraid to pereselt or peperchit fat, it will take in itself how much salt, sharpness and flavor.
Recipe number 3 Pickling fat for smoking
Many gourmets are interested in how to pickle fat for smoking, because this flavorful and original dish is indispensable as a snack on a festive and everyday table. This recipe requires a clean pork fat in one array in the amount of one and a half kilograms. Salo is washed and dried, grated garlic, broken bay leaves, crushed black pepper, mustard powder and delicious Adyghe salt are mixed together.
A piece of lard must be pierced with a knife, and the spices prepared with the effort to drive into it. A few tablespoons of salt are poured on the bottom of the saucepan of a suitable volume, apple or cherry chips are laid on top, and a piece of bacon is placed on top of it. The pan under the edges is poured boiling water. The dishes are covered with a lid and sent to the refrigerator for 1 week. Immediately before smoking, the billet is removed from the pan, washed from the remnants of salt and spices. Such smoked bacon is tender to the taste, fragrant and appetizing.
Recipe # 4 Garlic lard with greens
Fat with greens and garlic is a tasty savory dish that can surprise your friends and make your family happy. For this recipe, you need to prepare small pieces, thoroughly cleaning the skin or cutting it altogether. Garlic is cut into thin plates, which are lavishly sliced pieces. In a separate dish mixed salt, spices and herbs. This mixture is carefully processed every piece. A suitable jar is properly filled with lard, a couple more tablespoons of salt should be added on top. The jar is closed with a lid and shaken so that the salt and seasonings are evenly distributed. Preparing fat in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
How tasty pickle salo? Spices and lard are inseparable, seasonings emphasize the unique taste of bacon, giving the product a rich and rich flavor. Traditionally, salo is salted in combination with garlic, bay leaf and black pepper. Other seasonings for salting are selected individually, depending on the taste and preferences of each person.
Ideal spices for meat and lard:
- paprika spiciness and bright colors;
- coriander enriches the product with a sweetish taste and spicy aroma;
- ground black pepper is a traditional taste and a deep aroma;
- black pepper peas - used for hot pickles and marinades;
- paprika is a sharp note and a peppery smell of meat dishes;
- mustard - ready, powder or seeds, for those who especially love it;
- ginger is a spicy ingredient for benefit and taste;
- basil - lard with it will be appetizing, tasty and fragrant;
- saffron carries a rich aroma with unique oriental notes;Clove
- - is added to marinades and pickles for homemade salted lard.
Salo easily absorbs odors, so you need to monitor its neighbors on the shelf of the freezer and refrigerator. The storage of this product must be separate - in a plastic film, plastic bag or airtight container.
Ambassador is a reliable method of long-term preservation of meat and fish products, tested by prescription and generations. Salting bacon in brine with a recipe in a jar is an easy and affordable way for everyone. As a result, the table will have a fragrant and tasty dish, which is guaranteed to be enjoyed by guests and households.