- How to understand what time to clean your dishwasher?
- Which tools are suitable for cleaning dishwashers?
- Effective descaling
- Clearing foreign odors
- We clean the drain hole
Dishwashers today have settled in almost every home, since they have been able to establish themselves well since their invention. Now, even after a family feast, you can easily wash all the dishes at the same time without being involved in the washing process. Dishwashers, which today are on the market of household appliances, are quite economical because they consume a small amount of water and electricity. Most models are compact and ergonomic, so they can stay even in a small kitchen. In addition, such devices are simple and convenient to use, and their price always remains affordable. The task of any consumer is correct operation and maintenance so that the service life of the equipment is as long as possible. So how to clean the dishwasher at home and what do you need for this?
How to understand that it's time to clean your dishwasher?
If you want the equipment to work flawlessly, then certain cleaning work will have to be performed regularly, and most importantly in a timely manner. At home, this is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance, and you can also use ordinary inexpensive detergents. It is highly desirable for prophylaxis to wipe all internal and external surfaces with a damp cloth with soapy water after each start. Special attention should be paid to the device door and control panel. After the procedure, you need to walk on the surface with a dry cloth or napkin.
Dishwasher care includes cleaning the filter from food or fat residue at least three times a month. The blades of the shower are washed depending on the pollution, and if they are badly spinning, then it is worth cleaning the axle. About once every six months, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the door seals, for this you may need a special tool, and you can find it in the same store where you purchased your kitchen appliances.
Which tools are suitable for cleaning dishwashers?
Every consumer paid attention to the assortment of professional care products for household appliances, especially their cost, which sometimes can be quite high. However, the available tools that are found in every home can be no less quality in cleaning and effective, so it is imperative to use them. For quality cleaning, we will need pulp towels or ordinary napkins, baking soda, vinegar, and an old toothbrush.
- Pour about one to two glasses of vinegar and water into a large container. There we put all the baskets and other removable elements and thoroughly wash them, then wipe dry.
- Examine all the vanes of the shower and small holes through which water enters the machine. Often, these parts are clogged with fat or other food particles, such contamination is best removed with tweezers or a toothpick.
- It is also worth paying attention to the axis on which the blades are located, it can be contaminated with debris of food or fat.
- Now you need to wash the filter, because at the bottom of the device a large amount of garbage is usually accumulated. It must be removed with napkins, then wipe it all with a solution of vinegar. It will remove the formed salts and disinfect.
- The door should also be given special attention: first wipe the ends with vinegar and also use a toothbrush for hard-to-reach places. In addition, areas with strong pollution can be wiped with soda paste.
How to clean a dishwasher from scale? This unpleasant plaque not only looks unattractive, but also significantly affects the operation of technology. The first thing that happens with the machine - a large energy consumption, since the heating of the water now need more time. If the dishwasher could not save from this trouble, then it can be cleaned not only with expensive tools from the store, but also with the helpers - citric acid or vinegar. This can be done in two ways and you will notice the cleaning effect immediately.
- Pour two glasses of vinegar in the bottom of the device and turn on the water heating. In the middle of the cycle you will need to make a half-hour pause, and then continue it.
- If for any reason you cannot use vinegar, take citric acid, approximately 200-400 grams, and pour it into a special tray for the detergent, then turn on the highest temperature and the duration of the cycle.
Do not forget to carefully monitor the cleaning process, since large particles of plaque will need to be removed from the device in time to avoid breakdowns.
Clearing foreign odors from
It is easy to care for your dishwasher, if you know how to do it properly. Another nuisance that may await modern housewives is the unpleasant smell of mold, and the mold itself. If you began to notice such manifestations, then you need to take action immediately, because these fungi almost instantly expand. At home, you can do the following:
- Wash all the elements of the dishwasher from the formed fat using a good detergent, then wipe dry and leave open for the night to be ventilated.
- You can also use regular bleach - take a small amount and start the cycle without appliances, but you should be very careful with such household chemicals.
We clean the drain hole
The drain hole is a hard-to-reach place where various trash and food debris gets into. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor its cleanliness very carefully. In order to make all the necessary manipulations, you need to turn off the power and remove the cover. All the garbage that has accumulated there can be carefully removed with a napkin, preventing it from getting into the very hole for draining. If the contamination is very intense, place a napkin around the drain soaked in a solution with a cleaning agent. You can immediately carry out the prevention of blockages, for this you need baking soda and vinegar. Put them in the drain, close the lid and start the device without devices.
Now you know exactly how to clean the dishwasher at home, and you can easily cope with this fairly simple task. Timely care and strict adherence to all rules of use will significantly extend the life of your home appliances. So you can permanently insure yourself against unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs. Do not be afraid to use available tools, they can be as effective as expensive household chemicals. However, it is simple tools such as vinegar and soda that will be much safer than store supplies, especially if there is a child in the house. By the way, all household appliances, and not just a dishwasher, require careful treatment and care.