Finishing walls and ceilings of residential premises with panel materials has a number of advantages, the main of which are:
- Cladding materials ↓
- Drywall ↓
- MDF - (Medium Density Fiberboard) - panels ↓
- Products made of PVC plastic ↓
- Wood wall panels ↓
- Mounting options for installation ↓
- Cost Criteria ↓
- Easy installation, which does not require the use of special tools - to perform almost all installation and facing works, only a hammer drill and a screwdriver are required.
- The possibility of combining the finishing process with insulation and sound insulation, due to the presence of sinuses in the frame, in which before installing the panels, foam, mineral wool or polyurethane foam plates are laid.
- Most wall panels It has a rather aesthetic appearance of the outer surface, so additional decoration of the walls and ceiling is not required.
- In the interior decoration of residential and domestic premises no additional preparation of the main, main wall or partition is required.
Today, for the interior decoration of residential premises, the following three categories of facing panels are most widely used:
- River Stacking Panels represent planks with a width of 12.5... 30.0 mm, made of plastic, natural wood or laminated fibreboard (Fibreboard), the reliability of the connection of which is ensured by the castle connection.
- Tiled stacked panels made of plastic or laminate and produced in the form of rectangular or square plates of various sizes, attached to the frame using adhesive bonding or using self-tapping screws.
- Sheet panels have a significant length and width, are made from a variety of materials and can be attached to the frame with glue, using special locks or using self-tapping screws.
Each of these types of finishing materials has its advantages and disadvantages, and the choice of a specific facing technology and panel materials for its implementation depends on the purpose of the room, its size, type of heating and other factors.
However, wall panels of large sizes are in greatest demand, which is objectively caused by:
- Ease of installationat which minimization of joining seams is provided.
- Low labor input carrying out repair and finishing work.
- The variety of materials used.
- Wide gamut light solutions.
- A variety of decorating methods surface panels.
The main parameter by which the initial selection of panels for interior decoration is made is the material from which they are made.
Today, in the production of these finishing products, various materials are used, and finished panels may have an additional decorative coating or be painted aesthetically pleasing colors.
Modern wall decoration and decorating products can be used for any residential premises, all of them quite universal, and their choice depends mainly on the preferences of the apartment owner and his financial of opportunities.
Consider the most common types of panels available on the market of repair and construction materials, according to the rating of consumer demand and their popularity:
The most widely used in the construction of interior partitionsto, and the implementation of repair finishing work. They are ideally suited for situations when a surface of a considerable area needs to be leveled in a short time.
In addition to sheet material, there are separate decorative plasterboard elements on the market (plates, arches, friezes, corners, slopes), which are widely used in the formation of architectural design of residential premises.
The latest samples of drywall facing have an outer, protective layer:
- In the form of a polyvinyl chloride coating based on Isoplen or Devilon paper.
- Made on the basis of a roll film Pleteks.
- Made of decorative PVC film on glueless (PDO) or glue (PDSO) basis.
The advantages of drywall sheets are:
- Chemical and biological inertness with their excellent environmental friendliness.
- High fire resistance and fire safety.
- Relatively light weight single sheets, ease of installation and ease of mounting.
Of the shortcomings of drywall can be identified:
- High hygroscopicity sheets.
- Low rates soundproofing.
- Relatively low strength (fragility) drywall panels
MDF - (Medium Density Fiberboard) - panels
Relate to the modern modification of well-known chipboards. Thanks to the use of modern equipment and the use of innovative technologies, manufacturers managed to achieve a much higher density of this finishing material.
The advantages are:
- High strength, rigidity and wear resistance, with low moisture resistance.
- Ease of processing (grinding, cutting, sawing), in which there is no crumbling of the edges.
- Good heat-insulating and soundproof properties.
However, this facing material also has certain disadvantages:
- Low fire resistance.
- Hygroscopicity processed edges.
- When decal facing Directly on the wall surface, condensation may form in the sinuses that are not filled with adhesive mass.
Products made of PVC plastic
Rapidly gaining popularity in the last nine yearsare in high demand due to the variety of color schemes, the original texture of the outer surface and a wide range of dimensional indicators.
In addition, the undoubted advantages of plastic finishing panels are:
- Antistatic, which is achieved by additional coating the outer surface with a special varnish.
- Durability to the effects of solar ultraviolet radiation.
- Excellent moisture resistance.
- High strength and wear resistance, guaranteeing the durability of this facing material.
The disadvantages of finishing plastic products can be considered:
- Particularly toxic gases when a fire occurs indoors.
- Relative fragility this material (low resistance to shock loads).
- Purely subjective flaw - a living room lined with polyvinyl chloride distillation, for many is associated with the decoration of public places.
Wood wall panels
The oldest type of cladding. There is no need to talk about their merits. Since ancient times, wood has been used for decorative decoration of premises for both residential and industrial-commercial purposes.
However, today, instead of monolithic slabs of glued solid wood, veneered, rack sets and slabs assembled by the manufacturer are used. The main advantage due to which the high popularity of wooden products is caused is their environmental friendliness and natural naturalness.
The disadvantages of wood panels are also explained by their natural origin.
Wood cladding material:
- Sensitive to ambient humidity, temperature changes that cause it to deform.
- Despite special impregnation has a relatively low fire resistance.
Mounting options for installation
For fixing most types of facing materials to the surface of walls and ceilings, two main methods are currently used:
- Lining products using special locks or using self-tapping screws, attached to a pre-installed frame.
- The cladding simply sticks to the wall surface. or ceiling.
The interior decoration of the premises according to the first method requires the installation of a frame. For its manufacture, wooden blocks or a special metal mounting profile can be used.
Fabrication and installation of the frame - operations are rather laborious, requiring careful observance of flatness and parallelism of the outer surface of the individual elements.
In addition, the rails and profile have a certain thickness (height) - at least 40.0 millimeters. At the same time, the frame departing from the main surfaces being trimmed, leads to a decrease in the usable space of the living space.
The choice of metal or wood for the manufacture of frame construction depends on the type of products installed. Wooden and MDF boards better fixed with screws on a wooden frame.
Plastic and drywall can be mounted both on wood and metal. However, the metal profile is more convenient from the point of view of the implementation of preparatory work - sawing and joining of individual frame elements.
The second method is much simpler and less time consuming. Its advantage is the minimal reduction in the useful volume of living space. However, it requires the preliminary elimination of serious defects on the main wall and strict adherence to gluing technology.
The cost of finishing panels intended for interior cladding of residential premises depends primarily on what material was used for their manufacture.
At the same time, depending on the specific manufacturer, the facing materials within each group can have a significant price range:
- The price of drywall sheets largely depends on the manufacturer (brand) and can reach 300.0 (“Gyproc”) or 450.0 (“Knauf”) rubles per sheet dimensions 2500x1200x9.5, with the cost of similar products from lesser-known manufacturers equal to 165.0... 260.0 rubles.
- Square panels of laminated MDF boards cost about 450.0... 600.0 rubles per square meter; Unambiguously assess the cost of finishing materials from polyvinyl chloride plastic is rather difficult - their price depends on the purpose, color scheme, dimensional characteristics and many others factors;
- The price of wood products depends on the type of wood and ranges from 1300.0... 1500.0 (pine) to 2300.0... 2800.0 (cedar) rubles per square meter.
In addition to the considered finishing sheet products and materials, with the exclusive repair of residential premises soft, draped with textiles or faux-leather wall panels can be used slabs. However, their application is quite specific and requires separate consideration.