The heat that comes from the central heating system does not always uniformly warm the room. Many owners, especially with young children, are thinking about additional heating. Of course, you can use an electric heater, but its heat is also unevenly distributed throughout the room. And such heaters were replaced by a new built-in heating system.
- Principle of operation ↓
- Advantages and disadvantages ↓
- Installation Features ↓
- Various mounting options ↓
- Concrete system ↓
- Polystyrene ↓
- Wooden ↓
- Tips ↓
- Cost and reviews ↓
They are divided into several types:
- Heating mats.
With the onset of cold weather, the unit with water is connected immediately. The room will not warm up immediately, since the floors are heated first, only then there will be a gradual heating of the walls and the environment.
When using a floor covering in the form of a tree or a laminate, the temperature is regulated with gradual heating. This will make it possible to increase the duration of use of the structure.
Principle of operation
The polymer pipes are filled with water, which moves along the circuit and is supplied from a gas boiler or central heating. Water heats up and transfers heat to the environment through the coating.
Hot air rises, which ensures uniform heating of the room. The heating of the lower layer of air is stronger than the upper. From here, comfortable heat is created. Mostly, underfloor heating is used in private homes.
In multi-storey buildings, obtaining permission of this type of heating is quite difficult, since there is the possibility of damage to pipes, which will lead to unpleasant consequences.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Profitability. The coolant is able to work at low temperature conditions (30-50 ° C).
- Slow cooling.
- Comfort It's nice to walk without shoes, and play on the floor with the children, not worrying about their health. The air does not dry out.
- Security. The secrecy of the wiring eliminates burns in contact with the coolant.
- ABOUTthere are no radiatorsrequiring additional decoration.
- Durability (50 years).
- Time-consuming installation.
- In case of malfunction, have to open the floor covering.
- The presence of additional devices to duplicate the system.
- It is not recommended to use heatingas the main thing.
- Warm-up time (3-5 hours).
- It is necessary to raise the floor (60-100 mm).
- Using furniture made from natural materials, since plastic, MDF and particleboard produce harmful substances when heated.
- Certain permissions required, when installing a heated floor in an apartment.
The use of underfloor heating can be year-round. Only in summertime should a branch be separated from the main heating circuit.
The main feature of this floor is durability and safety. Heat is distributed evenly, as it covers a large area.
Modern devices allow you to create comfort and coziness in the house.
The board blooms into stripes. On the logs, the installation of heat-reflecting plates is done. Between them tubes are laid. The distance between the boards depends on the diameter of the tubes. The insulation between the lags can be mineral wool or polystyrene. Since wood has poor thermal conductivity, a wooden coating should be laid with a small thickness (15 mm).
Necessary materials and tools:
- universal saw;
- thermal insulation;
- fair floor;
- carpentry tools;
Description of the circuit:
- The principle of the layout of the "snake" scheme is to lay the heating parts along the edge of the outer walls, and make them return in the form of wave-like lines.
- You can arrange the elements around the perimeter of the room, then smoothly narrow them to the center, taking into account the return stroke and lay through a row.
- The combined scheme uses the two previous schemes.
- We dissolve the boards into log strips up to 13-28 cm.
- We make installation between the lags with heat-reflecting plates.
- We lay polymer tubes in recesses.
- We do not produce fasteners.
- We maintain a distance between strips of 20 mm.
- The next layer will be mineral wool or polystyrene insulation.
- Topcoat, maximum 15 mm, as wood with poor thermal conductivity.
- We do the test, and the temperature is increased gradually.
Various mounting options
The most popular type of installation. Here, the base and distribution layer is a cement-sand screed. The surface is leveled and covered with waterproofing material, followed by a layer of thermal insulation.
The tubes are laid on top and fastened using a reinforcing mesh. In a small room, it is enough to fix the structure with plastic brackets, dowels, hooks or fixing strips. The next layer will be concrete pouring. As a coating, you can use a laminate, ceramic tile, decorative stone.
Here, polystyrene plates are used in the installation. They have small bulges on the surface, which contributes to a convenient arrangement. The blocks are interlocked by locks, so the floor will be a monolithic insulating shield.
Fasteners are not used in this embodiment. Lightly pressing the tubes, and they safely enter the grooves of the bulge. Next, a coating is laid.
Here, there is a blooming of boards or plywood into strips up to 13-18 cm. Between them tubes form. They are covered with thermal distribution plates. Fasteners are not made. Further, a polyethylene film and GVL sheets are spread. The topcoat may be of various materials.
- Connecting the collector module to the tubes.
- The temperature of the coolant is reduced to 50 gr. Celsius.
- Adjust the system pressure to eight atmospheres.
A test run should be done before pouring or coating. If there is no leakage through the pipes, and the system is in working condition, you can proceed to pouring the surface.
- Laying insulation should be done without gaps. It is necessary to lay the film with an overlap and be sure to fix the joints with tape. Allowances can be left around the perimeter of the room, then they will hide under the screed.
- Pipes will be attached to the slats, they should be located at equal distances from each (0.5 m.) and perpendicular to the wall where the collector will be mounted.
- Before laying pipes, a collector should be installed to evaluate surface strength.
- Pipes are connected from the collector.
- Hinges must be laid with snake loops and observe a distance of 20 cm between them. The maximum continuous cycle is 80 m.
- In fasteners thoroughly click on the tube.
- Before you make a screed, it is necessary to check the system for leakage and performance.
- Trust professionalswhen it will be necessary to connect the pump, and install the thermostat.
- The system can only be startedwhen the screed is completely dry.
Cost and reviews
The price of a water heating device will depend on the choice of material and area. For 1 square. m. 8 meters of pipes (linear) are required. Installation of one square. m. is estimated at 1,500 rubles. You can save money when installing a heating device on independent work.
- Victor, g. Moscow. “Tired of the dampness in the apartment, and decided to personally conduct a water floor. Made a connection to heating pipes polypropylene material, which is soldered together. I used concrete pouring for screed and laid tile on top. I was very glad about the result: there was no dampness, and the room became warm and cozy. I like the cost-effectiveness of the structure. A water floor is much cheaper than an electric one. ”
- Olga, city Nizhny Novgorod. “The house with individual heating did not suit after the child appeared. Not in all places the room was evenly heated. It was warm near the battery, but in the far corner of the room it was much cooler. And the thought came to make a warm water floor. I immediately rejected the idea of an oil heater; I believe that it dries the air. They didn’t dare to do it themselves, invited experts. The work was completed as soon as possible (2 days). In the design, the craftsmen used sheets, along which pipes were let in, then covered with a layer of insulation. The top layer we have is a laminate. The collector cabinet was installed to supply coolant. Convenient device for switching on and regulating heat. The room warms up evenly, and there is no danger that the child will fall ill. I am very pleased with the design, and I have to pay lower than for a heater. I’m glad that the air is not dry. ”