After the completion of the main part of the construction, the bathhouse needs interior decoration, which must have certain characteristics. It should carry both an aesthetic component and a practical one (protection against moisture, fungi and mold). In such harsh operating conditions, not every type of finish is suitable.
They use wood for decoration, but not every grade is suitable. Some rocks emit toxic substances into the air at high temperatures.
What materials can not be used
The following materials cannot be used in the steam room:
- Lining from pine - this wood is very resinous. High temperatures are created in the bathhouse that allow the resins to evaporate from the surface of the skin. Such fumes are hazardous to health and the respiratory tract. It seems to many that it is the pine tree that needs to be used in the steam room because of the pleasant coniferous aroma, but this is not at all so;
- Fiberboard and chipboard plates. At first glance, the use of such material is very beneficial, since its purchase price is small compared to other types of finishes. But the chipboard and fiberboard are made using glue containing formaldehydes, which evaporate when heated. These chemical compounds are very toxic to humans. In addition, the material swells from high humidity, for a long time such a bath will not stand idle;
- Linoleum is one of the most inappropriate materials for lining the bath inside. Firstly, linoleum completely does not leak moisture and does not breathe. Secondly, under the sheathing layer, condensate quickly accumulates, which cannot be absorbed anywhere and evaporate, which provokes the formation of fungi and mold. Thirdly, the use of linoleum at extremely high temperatures leads to the release of toxic substances and its rapid destruction.
What can be used when decorating a steam room
Most often, steam room decoration professionals use larch, which is great for use in wet conditions. It is strong, durable, not subject to high temperatures.
The second most popular wood is linden. It exudes a pleasant aroma at high temperatures, can not be destroyed by high humidity, has breathable properties, which positively affects the ventilation of the room, also the finish durable. Many do not choose a linden because of the high price, but its positive qualities will pay back the cost during operation.
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- How to mix concrete for pouring in frost
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- What kind of flooring is not afraid of mechanical impact
- What are the disadvantages of PVC floor tiles
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What type of sandwich panels is the best
- Where you can not apply glazing from soft PVC sheets
- Which buildings need fire resistant materials?
- Rattan Wall Care
- Why acrylic plaster is better than other coatings
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen