Many owners of private houses or cottages, deciding on the choice of cladding for the facade of the house, try to choose the best material for cost and quality. This is what siding is considered to be. Its low cost and variety of colors made it possible to gain great popularity in the segment of budget finishing.
Siding has a large list of advantages that are very difficult to challenge. It is not demanding in care, it is easily cleaned of impurities and is not afraid of water. Special latches, which are equipped with all panels, allow easy and quick installation. This allows the possibility of fixing the material both to the wall itself and to the surface of the frame from the profile. Sheathing a small house can be realized in just a few days.
Given that the siding is not afraid of low temperatures and precipitation, it can be mounted at any time of the year, which makes it versatile and often used in construction.
Types of Siding
Depending on the basis used for the production, there are two types of siding: metal and vinyl. By the way, the latter has a lower cost compared to its counterpart.
Polyvinyl chloride is used as a raw material for the production of vinyl material. Like all polymer-type materials, it is not susceptible to corrosion or decomposition. PVC does not burn, but under the influence of high temperatures it is able to melt. The vapors released during the melting process can have a detrimental effect on human health.
Metal siding is most often made of aluminum or steel, which is coated with a polymer film. Despite the resemblance, a metal product is more durable and resistant to mechanical damage. Unlike vinyl panels, metal panels are not prone to expand under the influence of temperatures.
Less common is the cement type of siding. It has a good density, excellent external texture, fire safety and ease of processing. A significant disadvantage of cement siding is that the material is capable of emitting silicon cement dust, which is considered harmful to health.
Despite the fact that siding panels are not without flaws, and some of their features can be harmful to humans, the material does not lose its leading position in the field of finishing materials.
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- What are the disadvantages of expanded clay as a heater
- What is the difficulty of gluing fiberboard to the walls
- What are the disadvantages of a polycarbonate roof
- Which foam block is not suitable for building a house
- Which windows are better: plastic or wooden
- Why is marmoleum the best flooring?
- Why penetrating waterproofing the basement from the inside is not done
- Than latex foam is better than other construction foam
- In which cases it is impossible to add waste oil to bitumen
- Why you should not replace the ondulin brand horse with a metal one
- What to choose - pressed fittings or crimp fittings
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen