Without the presence of putty it is almost impossible to properly level and prepare any walls for decoration. The difference of this material lies in its composition, granularity and the form in which it is realized. The great variety is explained by the need to select a putty that best meets certain requirements. Consider their fundamental differences and how to distinguish quality material.
Regardless of the manufacturer, all putties are divided into three types:
- By appointment (starting, finishing, universal).
- According to the degree of readiness (dry mix or finished putty).
- Composition (cement or gypsum based, as well as polymer).
When deciding on a choice, one should start first of all from what type of material will be processed. The humidity level and temperature conditions should be taken into account.
Most types are suitable for leveling walls. For rooms with a normal environment, gypsum is suitable, but the bathroom will require a more resistant material - cement or acrylic. To create a smooth and even surface of the ceiling or wooden surface, the use of acrylic composition will be optimal. Drywall is equally well processed as gypsum putty and acrylic.
Facade work requires that the material has high strength, which is why it is recommended to process the outer surfaces with a facade-type putty on an acrylic or cement base.
The building materials market is oversaturated by various manufacturers and brands. It’s easy enough to choose the necessary material that will meet the requirements. The choice of putty should not be based on the pursued goal of saving. Poor quality material will not be able to live up to expectations, will quickly become worthless, and even at the stage of finishing work it can annoy in every possible way.
In order for the chosen putty to be effective and not cause doubts in its quality, in the selection process, special attention should be paid to its composition. Not every base interacts well with one or another material. Similarly, not all species are designed for intense exposure to aggressive environmental factors. Properly selected material will be the key to long-term use.
- How to choose a stretch ceiling
- Which laminate does not last long
- How to level the ceiling without plaster
- What water pipes are inconvenient in installation
- What wallpaper can breathe, absorb noise and smell good
- Sandwich panels: economy, practicality, attractiveness
- 3 rules for extending the life of roof tiles
- What decoration is safe for the nursery
- How to choose porcelain tiles no worse than designer tiles
- What wallpapers are the most short-lived
- What is the difficulty of gluing fiberboard to the walls
- Wall decoration with flexible stone
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen