Most often, the floor covering is chosen only by its appearance and cost, the installation method is also important. The flooring should also correspond to the environment, but do not forget that some materials have a strong tendency to slip, which is not very convenient. Ideally, such an indicator as sliding should be minimal, but how to choose such a coating?
In rich houses, from ancient times, granite stone was used as a floor covering; it does not slip, but also has high strength. Thanks to modern production technologies, granite-based coatings have appeared, but now they have become more affordable. For more than 20 years, porcelain tiles have been used in houses for finishing floors, most often they are used for corridors, kitchens and hallways, these are exactly the rooms in which, due to moisture, it is possible slippery floor.
The coating is anti-slip if you apply special materials to it, thanks to this solution, the coating will have excellent performance even in crowded places, such as train stations, airports and shopping centers. Here, the safety of people, the protection of the coating from getting wet and the high resistance to abrasion are put here.
Such coverage has been used for a very long time both in private houses and apartments, and in many other institutions. But many immediately think this coating is slippery, especially if it has moisture. However, in this case we are talking about the simplest linoleum models, or polished ones. Remember, polishing makes the coating look beautiful, but more slippery. If you need a non-slip option for the home, then you should pay attention to industrial designs, they will be rougher to the touch, and outwardly have a more matte surface.
Also, when operating linoleum, you should take into account some rules that will allow you to prevent strong slipping. After washing, the surface should dry well before use. Do not allow moisture to get on the linoleum, especially with cleaning products.
To cope with a very slippery floor, rubberized rugs will perfectly help.
- Why the laminate may not snap during installation
- Than cellular polycarbonate is better than monolithic
- How to choose a plaster: professional advice
- How to choose a paint for the facade
- When sandwich panels cannot be used in construction
- What are good double glazed windows
- What materials parquet does not last long
- Is it worth it to insulate the floor with foam
- Characterization and use of glassizol in modern construction
- Why it is not recommended to build a hollow brick house
- Why is it important to know the weight of the brick before construction
- What type of corrugated board is the most common for roofing
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen