When the base for the insulation is ready and you can start laying mineral wool, the question becomes inevitable: "how to fix it?". In order to answer it, we will consider the most common and reliable methods of attaching cotton wool to the surface of a wall or ceiling.
This is the easiest way that you can implement even without a frame or crate. Each element is glued at the base, and for reliability is fixed with plastic dowels. The main thing is that before the sticker of the material the wall surface is carefully primed.
The adhesive mixture should be applied not only to the cotton, but also to the surface to which it will be attached. It is best to clarify the technology in the instructions, as some manufacturers of adhesives recommend one-way use, which can significantly save consumable material. After the gluing process is completed, you can proceed to cover the cotton with a non-woven fabric, a polymer mesh and vapor barrier. This is necessary in order to prevent the insulation particles from penetrating into the air. Their contact with the skin is often accompanied by itching and other unpleasant sensations in humans. The penetration of cotton wool particles into the lungs can even cause a life threat.
When working with mineral wool, it is very important to use personal protective equipment such as a respirator and gloves. This will avoid the occurrence of negative consequences.
A polymer mesh is needed so that the surface is adapted for further plastering or puttying.
To implement this method, it will be necessary to create a special design that can hold mineral insulation. As a material, you can use wooden blocks or slats, as well as special profiles. Despite the fact that the metal is more expensive, it will be much stronger than the wooden base. The design is fixed over the entire area of the room with a step sufficient to evenly place the cotton wool.
If the upper part of the floor of the house, which is in contact with the cold, is insulated, it will not be superfluous to equip the mineral wool with a waterproofing layer. For this, any liquid mixture of a waterproofing type is suitable. It is important to take into account the fact that insulation made of cotton wool contributes to a significant reduction in room space.
- Why it is not recommended to build a hollow brick house
- Why is it important to know the weight of the brick before construction
- Than cellular polycarbonate is better than monolithic
- What type of corrugated board is the most common for roofing
- Where a cheap substandard corrugated board is useful in construction
- Typical errors in the installation of wall panels from corrugated board
- Embossed tile: what is worth knowing before purchase?
- Popular materials for construction
- What is the advantage of building houses from wood concrete slabs
- Facing tile: types and characteristics
- Gutter systems: types, materials, characteristics
- Why you should not use expanded clay as a heater
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen