At the moment, plastic windows have almost replaced wood from the market, but there are still people who prefer wood. And some craftsmen even do the manufacturing of frames with their own hands. Most often this refers to a country house or a glazed terrace. And if you use high quality materials, you can make a window into the apartment, which will serve for more than a dozen years. It is important to pay attention to even the most insignificant in appearance details and it is even more important to ensure complete tightness and observe the correct geometry.
Do-it-yourself wooden window means saving money, warmth in the cold season, attractive appearance, safety for any person. In order to increase the duration of operation, it is worth using special compounds that act as protection of wooden surfaces from external negative factors.
It is necessary to prepare the necessary tools for work and then move on to measurements. It is best to create a large-scale drawing of the window structure. Thus, it is possible to accurately calculate the required amount of materials. After preparation, it is already possible to begin work on the manufacture of the box.
As the main material in the process, they prefer to use pine. This is primarily due to the affordable price and good performance. Pine is a practical material that is durable and durable, of course, it cannot compete with oak, but it is also an order of magnitude cheaper.
To work, you need a board with a cross section of 50x150 millimeters, and special grooves of an L-shaped form with a depth of one and a half centimeters are created on the elements of the future box. Four blanks are interconnected, and here it is best to use carpentry glue.
After that, it’s worth moving on to creating holes and a wooden rod with a length of at least 3 centimeters is placed in them. This method guarantees the highest quality and reliable connection and provides rigidity along with immobility.
Of course, in the window opening, the box should also be fixed motionless. Here dowels with self-tapping screws are used. All gaps are processed by polyurethane foam.
For the frame, a beam with a section of 4x6 centimeters is used, and a larger beam can be used. As for the profile, this factor depends on the number of glasses, at least two grooves for glass are required. After that, it is worth moving on to glazing.
- Unknown functions of ordinary roulette
- How to make creative niches in a living room wall
- Textile wallpaper: types and structure
- Interiors of basement rooms
- Masonry sequence: why it is important not to break
- What are the features of installing a side heated towel rail
- How to create an extra room using a movable wall
- What is much more profitable than a stretch ceiling for a bathroom
- How to choose the right lamp for the home
- What paint is not suitable for the bathroom and why
- What water pipes are inconvenient in installation
- What techniques will simplify the installation of polycarbonate in the connecting profile
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen