The work of the whole system depends on the quality of the pipe sealing, so plumbers pay great attention to this issue. The assembly of water supply, heat supply, sewage systems and so on is carried out thanks to threaded connections. If the pipe joints are not densely sealed, water or gas will leak, which can lead to sad consequences.
Basic sealing methods
There is a wide variety of sealing methods for threaded joints that differ in the materials used. Below are common options.
- Use of synthetic polymer thread. The material can be used under different climatic conditions, as it withstands temperature extremes.
- Sealing with rubber, paronite or silicone gaskets is used in certain situations when the pressure does not exceed the specified values.
- The use of synthetic flax. Such raw materials are used because of their low cost, practicality and effectiveness.
- Using fum tape. The material is thin, light and convenient to use. Use it at low pressure, otherwise you can break the thread.
- Application of thread sealant. Using a special gel, good sealing can be achieved. The material withstands changes in temperature, is suitable for different types of compounds and serves for a specified period.
How to achieve good sealing?
To seal a plastic pipe, it is important to choose the right material. As previously indicated, you can use synthetic flax, fum tape, thread sealant, synthetic polymer thread or a gasket made of some material. In this case, the execution technique is also important, therefore it is worth contacting specialists. The sealant must not be too thick, as it will not be possible to turn the bolts. Also, insufficiently dense application of the material will lead to poor bonding.
Sealing the thread of plastic pipes is a responsible task, which involves the selection of high-quality material, wrapping raw materials around the junction and rolling the bolt. Depending on the size of the thread, various materials and sealing methods can be used. Each person chooses which way to use it to prevent the leakage of raw materials, for example, water.
- How to arrange a place for a computer
- Correct whitewashing of the ceiling: methods, tips
- Features of facade plaster for foam
- Ways to create an accent wall
- How to restore the bathroom to its former whiteness, even in the presence of severe pollution and rust
- Why you can not give a large prepayment to the brigade of builders
- Features of the facade with large windows
- The nuances of working with reinforced concrete structures
- Modern minimalism in the interior
- Simple door adjustments that not everyone knows
- Corner kitchen: types, advantages
- Is it possible to do without a gutter system on the roof?
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen