From the French bas-relief means "low relief", this is one of the many types of decor in architecture. This is a convex image on the wall, it originated in the Paleolithic era, the first bas-reliefs were found in Egypt, it is this country that is considered the founder of such art. Gradually, it spread to other countries. Initially, decoration of the home with bas-reliefs could only be afforded to rich people; in Soviet times, they actively decorated theaters, metro stations, monuments and other significant places.
The use of bas-reliefs in the interior allows you to create an original and refined atmosphere. For the decor of an empty wall, this will be one of the best options, especially such a solution is suitable for spacious rooms with a minimum amount of cabinet furniture, for example, for a bedroom or the dining room. You can create a bas-relief on the wall yourself, and even such a finish allows you to hide any irregularities.
Each bas-relief is unique and exclusive, and even if you use the same a picture created according to the same template, in two different rooms it will look completely differently.
Bas-reliefs are used for a wide variety of styles and spaces. In the spacious dining room, they will create a special effect, do not think that there must necessarily be vegetable or food motifs.
It is important to remember that it should be reliably protected from moisture and dust. For this, special varnishes are used, they should be updated periodically. To care for the surface, it is recommended to use a dry or slightly damp cloth, soft panicles. In the event that small cracks, gaps appear, they should be coated and tinted.
An excellent solution would be to use a bas-relief in a classic interior, and it can be located higher fireplace or around it, or around a modern plasma panel, all this will allow to place accents in indoors.
The choice of plot is simply unlimited, it can be abstractions, heraldry, a panorama of the city, in general, everything that will be close to you or something that your design idea will move you to. The most important thing is to try to plan everything as much as possible before starting work.
- How to use pilasters in the interior
- Curtains in the living room: a modern solution in the choice of curtains
- Furniture for a children's room - the main mistakes when choosing
- How to shelter a gazebo inexpensively
- What interior styles will be fashionable in the near future?
- Why roman curtains gained high popularity
- 5 modern ideas of what to hang on the walls instead of paintings
- Facade modern systems: role and application
- Rococo Boudoir
- Lighting under the bathroom - the basic rules
- Using the principles of Feng Shui in the home interior
- How to make a beautiful living room?
New publications are published daily on our channel in Yandex. ZenGo to Yandex. Zen