The content of the article:
The hot season of conservation is not complete without blanks for sweet tooths, among which an honorable place is rightly occupied by a variety of jams and jams. Cherry and apple, raspberry and currant, plum and strawberry jam... You can list popular desserts more long, however, having tried once to translate the recipes of grape jam, careful housewives will prepare it each year. And this is not surprising, because the characteristic musky aroma and unusual taste distinguish this delicacy among other types of jam.
In addition, the grape itself is very useful for the body. The use of berries positively affects the work of the kidneys and the heart due to the increased content of potassium. The vitamins of Group B, which are part of the grapes, improve the skin condition and give shine to the hair. Invaluable benefits of berries are also for the immune system, contributing to its strengthening by saturation with ascorbic acid. What can I say about phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and other useful microelements in the grapes.
The secret of grape jam lies in the way of conservation. It is cooked on low heat, which allows you to save more useful substances.
Jam «Berries in syrup»
Those who first decided to make sweet seers from grapes, it is worth trying this easy recipe. It will not take much time, and the jam turns out to be unusually tasty and fragrant. Its only drawback is a slightly liquid consistency, since berries do not undergo prolonged boiling. But with this dessert you can pour pancakes on top.
The procedure for making jam from grapes:
- Grapes of white or blue varieties rinse, cut off the berries from the clusters and leave to make the glasses extra water. Net weight of berries should be 2 kg. Some hostesses prefer to use white varieties to get a jam of beautiful amber color. However, this is already an amateur.
- While the grapes dry up, prepare a syrup of 300 ml of water and 400 g of sugar.
- In hot syrup, gently lower the berries, bring it to almost a boil, then screw in the fire and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Put the jam in sterilized jars and roll up. Turn over the bottom, wrap it in something warm and let it cool down.
Grape dessert made from grapes
In contrast to the previous recipe for grape jam, this delicacy is more dense and twice as sweet. It can be used as a filling for pies.
To make jam:
- Grape clusters in an amount of 2 kg free from berries. Choose the broken and spoiled grape, and rinse the rest.
- Add the berries in a pot or kazanok, in which the jam will be prepared, and fill it with sugar in the proportion:. Leave for 12 hours to isolate the juice. It is convenient to start work in the evening, then the workpiece is allowed to brew during the night.
- In the morning put the pan on the fire, add a little water (not more, v.) And give the berry mass to boil. Be sure to remove the foam, bolt the fire and cook for about 10 minutes. Turn off the cooking zone and leave the jam for at least 5 hours.
- Repeat the procedure one more time, periodically taking off the foam.
- On the third approach, boil the mass until it gets the right density. For checking, put a little jam on the plate - if it does not drain, and the drop holds and smoothly slides, you can shoot.
- To spread the delicacy on jars, to roll up and wrap.
Grape jam in Greece - video
Jam from grapes without pits
Since the process of separating the bones is quite laborious, for jam it is necessary to choose varieties with large berries. In the recipes of grape jam, a variety of sultana, which does not have pits, is often used. But in this case, the fruit is still recommended to cut in half, so that they quickly and better boiled, and the dessert was more dense.
To give the wine a more rich and refined taste, it adds lemon juice and a little liquor.
So, for the preparation of jam from grapes for the winter without pits:
- With one or two large clusters of grapes weighing 1 kg to cut off the berries, wash them and cut into two halves to take out the seeds.
- With one lemon squeeze out the juice.
- To fall asleep grape, kg of granulated sugar, add the lemon juice and put it for 3-4 hours in a cool place.
- At the end of this time, pour 50 ml of liqueur into the billet, allow to boil and simmer on low heat without cover, for 20 minutes. After the jam completely cool.
- Make one or two more such approaches, depending on the desired density of the finished product. Every time it should be allowed to cool down in a jar.
- Dilate the dessert with sterilized jars of capacity, l, roll and cover with a warm blanket.
Jam of grapes with bones
A very rich and aromatic jam can be prepared using varieties such as Isabella or Lydia. At the same time to give the delicacy easy bitterness, bones do not remove, and cook whole berries.
Step-by-step instructions for the recipe for grape jam:
- Grapes (1 kg) rinse under the tap, cut off the grapes and choose spoiled and bursted berries.
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp. water. After it boils, pour 400-500 g of sugar and cook the syrup on low heat, stirring, for 15 minutes. Cool it down.
- In a cold syrup lay out the grapes. Bring the workpiece to a boil and screw the cooking zone to minimum. Cook for about an hour, gradually adding fire. At the end of the cooking, add a little vanilla for the smell and 5 grams of citric acid.
- Prepack jam from grapes with bones on glass containers, cork and let cool.
When preserving the jam, fruits and berries are often combined with each other, wanting to achieve an original flavor or get a new flavoring accent. Perhaps, grapes can be considered the only exception to the rules. It is so strongly fragrant that the smell of added fruits simply dissolve in the basic fragrance. Therefore, you can do without experiments, and just cook a fragrant and tasty jam from grapes for the winter. On a cold winter evenings, it's so nice to get a slice of summer in a spoonful of amber jam. Enjoy your favorite berries, drinking them a cup of hot tea and a pleasant appetite!