Room slippers often wear out faster than any other shoes. Given the peculiarity of the fabric from which they are made, they require special washing. But to wash the sneakers by hand, when there is a machine at home, not everyone wants. Therefore, it is worth considering how to wash slippers in a washing machine.
Content of the material:
- 1Is it possible to wash slippers in the AGR
- 2Tips: how to wash slippers so they do not go bad
Is it possible to wash slippers in the AGR
The danger of washing household slippers in a washing machine is not in their possible damage, but in harm to the technique itself. Let's say you decided to wash ordinary Chinese glued sneakers. When washing, they safely unstuck, and the drum is filled with threads, cardboard and other rubbish. Part of this "good" goes into the filter, clogging it in the best case, at worst - a pump and a drain pipe. A part of the pieces can get into the tank and stick to the walls.
Important! Before you wash the slippers in the AGR, make sure of their quality. Washing low-quality sneakers is dangerous for the machine itself.
Examine the shoes: if the sole is glued, and not sewn, and maybe already partially peeled off, it is best to wash it by hand. If the shoes are quality, and you are sure that they will not fall apart during the washing, you can proceed to the next stage.
Tips: how to wash slippers so they do not go bad
It does not matter what kind of home slippers you have: terry or felted, the main thing is that they are made to the conscience. Having made sure of the good quality of shoes, you can start to prepare the room shoes for automatic washing. Preparation:
- Look at the shoes again. It should not have detachable elements and protruding threads. If you find any flaws, first sew the product.
- Put the shoes in the boot. If there is no special bag at hand, take an old pillow case.
- Prepare a detergent. In this case, it is better to give preference to a liquid gel - it dissolves quickly and is easier to rinse out.
- Put aside the bleach and conditioner - you do not need these tools.
How to wash house slippers so that they do not deteriorate? It's simple - act strictly according to the scheme:
- Make sure that the drum is empty. There should be no other clothes in it.
- Put a cover with slippers in the drum.
- Pour the detergent into the cuvette for the powder.
- Select the mode. If there is no "Shoes" mode in your AGR, press the "Delicate" or "Hand Wash" button.
- Set the temperature mode to 30 degrees. A maximum of 40, it is not necessary above.
- Cancel the spin function. This is necessary, otherwise there is a high probability that the sneakers will disperse.
- Start the washing.
There was only one question left: is it possible to dry room shoes just like other things? Here, not everything is so simple, and we have some practical advice on this matter:
- For best drying, pound the crumpled white paper inside. Paper quickly absorbs excess moisture and helps keep the shape.
- Put the slippers in a warm, but ventilated place.
- Do not dry the hair dryer.
- Do not place shoes on the radiators.
These simple rules of washing and drying will help you solve two problems at once:
- Make shoes clean without much effort and keep her attractive appearance.
- Protect the washing machine from possible breakdowns.
If you are still not sure about the quality of your home shoes, wash the sneakers by hand. The rules of drying in this case will be exactly the same.