Usually, when buying furniture, the manufacturer or intermediary provides services for the installation and assembly of his headset. It always costs money that is not superfluous. Assembling a kitchen is not a very difficult matter if you understand all the intricacies well.
This article will talk about how to assemble the kitchen yourself, using different elements of the interior. The decision to work independently will be correct if you do not want to spend a lot of money and are completely confident in your own abilities.
To avoid problems with the lack of any tools and materials, carefully prepare everything you need in advance. The following is a complete list of tools that may come in handy. High-quality installation is possible with the following items:
- Screwdriver. To install a small kitchen set you will need a universal screwdriver. This tool will not only facilitate the installation process, but also speed it up.
- Hammer drill. It can be useful when installing wall-mounted cabinets for drilling deep holes in a concrete wall.
- Jigsaw or saw. In order to cut some wooden components of the kitchen or cut a hole for the kitchen sink, a jigsaw or saw will come in handy.
- Roulette. Need for room measurements.
- Building level. Monitors the correct assembly order of kitchen cabinets.
- Small tools that can be found in any man: a hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, a hacksaw.
- Jigsaw and drill.
- The square.
- Hexagon (usually attached to purchased furniture).
- Edge tape to match the color of the facade.
If the dimensions of the furniture exactly fit your kitchen, some tools from the list are not needed.
Assembly of kitchen cabinet lockers
Let's talk about collecting cabinets for the kitchen in the form of a sequence of actions.
- We fix cruciform fastenings for doors to the side walls. They are screwed with two screws into pre-prepared holes.
- Rails for drawers are also inserted into pre-prepared openings. In the future, during assembly, doing this will be extremely inconvenient.
- Further into all through holes we insert dowels made of wood (they are also called choppers or dowels). They strengthen the structure, creating a solid frame.
- We look whether the cabinet is level, and then screw in a furniture screw using a hexagon. He pulls 2 parts together. We put on a cap from above, which will be combined with the color of the furniture.
- We fasten the legs (if any) and set the desired height.
- We beat a fiberboard sheet to the side wall with the help of small nails included in the kit.
- On wall cabinets, we fix fittings for fixing on the wall with adjustable canopies. They are attached from the inside to the side walls close to the upper corners.
Assembly of wall cabinets
First install the loop. We mark the mounting location on the side and door. We put these two elements on a flat surface (table, floor), combining the marks. We attach the loops included in the kit, fasten. We put something under the door so that it is on the same level. We fasten the loop, then disassemble it, unscrewing the screw and putting the doors aside. Further we will work with sidewalls.
We fix the top and bottom to the side panels on confirmations (they are supplied with the hexagon). If there is a corresponding bit, put it on the screwdriver. Otherwise, we work with the usual key.
We fold the upper part and the side, install the fasteners, then the bottom, and then the second panel.
Turn the outer side of the fiberboard sheet (it is the back wall). We pierce the fiberboard with small carnations with a construction stapler.
The shelf holders come in different materials, but are fixed according to the same principle - in the wall openings. Chopiks are sometimes used (hammered with a hammer, followed by setting the emphasis on the shelf). But most metal stops are simply installed in the hole.
Cabinet assembly with drawers
First of all, we assemble a frame of 3 panels, that is, we work in the same way as with ordinary cabinets. We insert the dowels into the holes and connect the boards. We pull them together with furniture screws.
To make the bottom of the box, insert the fiberboard sheet into the grooves (in no case use MDF sheets!).
Now we fix the facade with screeds. The screws are screwed into the facade panel, the opposite ends are placed in the holes of the sidewalls. Eccentric bushings are a means of fixation. They need to be invested in a special place left by the manufacturer and rotated. Thus, they are fixed.
To the bottom of the back, without fail, we fasten the guides with the rollers. Then we insert the boxes and check whether the mechanism works well.
Features of the assembly of the corner cabinet
Here you can note only one feature. The fact is that inexpensive kitchen sets have a bottom in two parts (this helps to reduce the cost). If you plan to install a sink in the cabinet, then the back wall in this case is almost absent. For the strength of the structure, screed-grips are responsible. In all other aspects, the assembly of kitchen corner furniture coincides with the assembly of ordinary cabinets with two doors.
This completes the assembly instructions for the kitchen. Now consider the installation technology in place.
How to hang cabinets in the kitchen
Even before assembling kitchen furniture, you should buy special canopies and intersection furniture ties for mounting wall cabinets. How to assemble a kitchen set, we have already figured out. Now it remains to install it in place. Hanging cabinets are mounted on the wall with canopies. They are metal plates with holes. Galvanized steel is more expensive than usual.
The height of the furniture depends on the level of the ceilings and the dimensions of the cabinet. The standard height between the countertop and the wall cabinet is from 50 to 60 cm. If the owner of the kitchen is not tall or the door opens up, then a height of ~ 45 cm is selected, but no less.
- Move the distance from the countertop and mark it on the wall. Climb up to the height of the cabinet and mark the line of attachment.
- Make holes and secure the tire. Hang adjustable suspensions on the tire. The most durable attachment is with anchors.
- Hang the furniture on the bus with hooks. To make the cabinet clearly against the wall, tighten the 2 hanging bolts.
- Installation starts from the corner. If the wall has an angle greater than 90 degrees, install a bezel to eliminate any bumps.
- If necessary, fasten the structure with ties.
A big minus of such a mount is the inability to regulate. If hanged, there will be no way to push it to the wall or move it away from it. Another minus - a separate hook is required for each canopy.
This is a more complex and expensive design. The case is made of plastic, the canopy is made of metal. There is a regulatory system. This allows you to move furniture in 4 directions: up, down, left, right. Awnings are attached to the inner side of the cabinet. A small hole is made in the back wall. Together with the canopies there is a rail or mounting rail. They are mounted on the wall, caught on the upper ledge of the hooks. This design is very convenient. The load capacity of one canopy is from 25 to 50 kg.
How to install a kitchen set
The assembly scheme of the kitchen can be selected individually. There is no difference in what order the cabinets will be installed. But what matters is where the installation will come from. It’s best to start from the corner. From how smoothly and correctly you hang the first element, the harmony of the whole unified design and the speed of work will depend.
As already mentioned, the height of installation depends on the growth of users of the headset. When hanging, a horizontal line is drawn with a bubble or water level. If you do not want to draw, you can build a plane at the desired height using a level or a plane builder. On them, the upper edge of the mounted plank or the alignment of standard canopies is installed.
The task seems simple, but at the same time difficult - to put all the cabinets so that the vertical lines are perpendicular to the floor, and the horizontal ones are parallel to the walls. If you did everything this way, then there should not be any problems during operation.
The kitchen consists of separate cabinets, but it should hang in a bonded form, since this is one set. There are 2 ways to do this. Hang elements originally fastened or fasten already hung elements. The first option is not very convenient, because it’s hard to hang even 2 fastened cabinets alone.
Headset elements are interlocked with the help of intersection ties. At least 2 screeds are required per wall. They are located just above or below the loops. The walls of the two cabinets are fastened with clamps, along the diameter of the screed, make a through hole into which the fasteners are pulled and pulled together with a screwdriver.
How to install a countertop on a kitchen set
To complete the installation of the kitchen set, you need to place the last element - the countertop.
Regardless of the selected material (fiberboard, MDF, artificial stone), the installation steps are the same.
- Cut the sheet based on the measurements taken. All excess is cut out using a jigsaw or a hacksaw manually.
- Next, grease all the ends with silicone-based sealant, overlay the aluminum strip on top and align. We fix the bar with small screws.
- Decorate the closed edge of the surface with an edge tape. First you need to warm it up, then attach and cut off the excess. After gluing, the edges are polished.
- On the construction level, we adjust the legs of the pedestals. If they cannot be adjusted, place plastic gaskets under them.
- Fill the rear upper edge with sealant from the top. The back end is generously lubricated with silicone. In the cabinet under the sink we attach plastic or metal corners.
- Gently spread the countertop on the cabinets and press it against the wall, or leave a small margin (about 5mm).
- It will directly mount the countertops to the kitchen set. To do this, we screw in self-tapping screws with a diameter of 30 and 16 mm (the latter - under the sink).
- Now we can place the baseboard on the sides and in the corner between the apron and the countertop. If angular fastening is made, then the connecting seam is masked by an aluminum profile. Custom kitchens usually have a common work surface for lower cabinets. Factory ones have a separate top, so you need a connection of countertops. In the plane, they make all the necessary cuts, insert and tighten the connection elements into the grooves.
- Saw the hole for the sink, if the layout requires it.
The nuances of assembling a kitchen set
To get an even broader answer to the question of how to assemble the kitchen yourself from the purchased material, we will understand the small subtleties of this process.
- Installation always starts from the corner of the room.
- Assemble all cabinets one at a time so that there is no confusion in the details.
- The distance from the wall to the countertop leaves about half a centimeter.
- Hang drawers without doors, this will simplify the work.
- All drawer rails are attached to the inner side faces prior to assembly.
- If you can’t understand the installation, look at the photos and videos on this topic. In extreme cases, you can contact the specialists of Moscow or your locality.
Video: kitchen assembly workshop
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.