The kitchen is a popular and frequently visited apartment space. Therefore, the interior should satisfy all the tastes of the family: be stylish, comfortable, multifunctional. At the same time, the finishing materials must withstand pollution and humidity. Withstand wet cleaning. The ceiling is an element of the room and an important detail in the appearance of the kitchen. From the choice of its material and design, the kitchen can sparkle with new colors or the beautiful interior will be spoiled. In this article, we will analyze the ceilings and their types in the interior of the kitchen, consider design options (with photo).
The requirements for a modern ceiling are as follows:
- have an aesthetic appearance, harmoniously fit into the interior of the kitchen;
- be resistant to mechanical stress;
- have moisture resistance;
- be practical and easy to care for;
- possess high wear resistance and a long service life;
- must be made of environmentally friendly material;
- to perform the function of decoration, covering the protruding parts of the hood, duct.
According to these requirements, you can use:
- water dispersion paint;
- decorative plaster;
- PVC panels;
- wooden or plastic lining;
- for rack and pinion - aluminum panels;
- tile from the mirror;
- PVC film for tensioners;
- gypsum cardboard moisture resistant.
Color and material make it possible to increase the space in height, expand visually. A properly selected decor can brighten or darken a room.
The shape distinguishes:
Types of ceilings
The construction market offers the following types:
- rack and pinion;
Hanging (mounted) types
False ceilings can be: stretch, plasterboard, plastic, rack, wooden. Depending on the choice of materials, they have advantages and disadvantages. They are called suspended, as they are mounted on special frame structures. Which one to choose, talk below.
This option is a vinyl or fabric canvas. The basis is a frame made of metal or plastic, on which the canvas is stretched. They are stitched together by high-frequency current.
- installation takes little time;
- the ability to stretch and withstand up to 100 liters per meter;
- considered fireproof;
- differs in a wide variety of colors and decor;
- resistance to moisture.
- may be damaged by sharp and thin objects;
- reduces the height of the space by 4-5 cm;
- on large areas after installation, a noticeable joint can be observed;
- there is an unpleasant smell.
Stretch ceilings are: glossy, matte.
It is recommended that the surface be treated with mold solution before installation.
This type of finish is suitable for uneven surfaces and to hide defects.
Of the advantages, it can be noted:
- easy to work, flexible;
- moisture resistant;
- has the ability to hide wiring;
- suitable for separating zones of the kitchen space;
- enhances sound insulation;
- does not crack if the building settles;
- the possibility of using the finish.
- use of a metal profile;
- lowers ceilings from 7 cm;
- complexity of installation.
Drywall ceilings can be: single-level; two-level; multi-level. With this material combinations with glass, mirrors, wood and others are possible.
This is the most affordable and budget option. Smooth and smooth surface, aesthetic appearance, as well as a variety of colors, patterns allows it to be the most popular material. The panels are available with imitation wood, marble, bamboo and others. White panels are used on the ceiling.
The advantages of plastic panels are as follows:
- simplicity in leaving;
- quick installation;
- panels are moisture resistant, they are not afraid of flooding from above;
- under them you can hide any communication;
- tolerate temperature changes;
- reinforce sound insulation;
- do not smell;
- reasonable price and diverse design;
There are few negative properties:
- ceiling height reduction;
- sensitivity to mechanical stress and sunlight.
This type of ceiling coating represents a construction of a large number of battens. They are made of steel, aluminum, wood. Details are varnished. Create a flat and curved surface. The most popular are made of aluminum. There are: open, closed and gapless.
The advantages of this option are:
- resistance to temperature and moisture;
- ability to hide all surface imperfections and close wiring, communications;
- quickly mounted;
- convenience and simplicity in leaving;
- differs in long service life;
- complies with fire safety standards;
- made of materials tested for environmental compliance;
- made from non-static materials.
And also there is one drawback:
- decrease in room height.
Wood has long been used in interior decoration as an environmentally friendly material. It is breathable. The following types are used:
- Lining. Edged boards are the same in size, which are attached with a spike groove.
- The panels are wooden. They are a multilayer canvas, the first layer of which consists of valuable wood.
- Facing plates impregnated with wax, due to which they are not subject to moisture, do not crack and do not peel.
- Plywood. These are sheets of wood stacked on top of each other. For use in the kitchen, they are processed with a special composition.
- Wooden wallpaper.
It has advantages:
- environmentally friendly natural material with a natural texture unique to wood;
- retains heat;
- has good sound insulation;
- unpretentious in service and easy to install.
Cons are the following:
- absorbs moisture and odors;
- fire hazard;
- significantly reduces the height of the ceilings.
Two-level and multi-level ceilings
They are distinguished by their nobleness, a set of various materials, textures and shapes. Two-level mass options, it all depends on the imagination of the designer, tastes and finances of the customer. This method allows you to isolate the kitchen area, to create a unique decor.
A multi-level ceiling is made of different materials, and they also use a combined version. Apply: drywall, metal, vinyl, wood, slats, MDF panels with imitation stone.
Using different levels of ceiling height, you can fantasize and decorate with different materials. This gives an optical depth of space, more space and freedom. Hides all unnecessary details to the eye, surface blemishes. This decor is complemented by various light sources.
Whitewashing, staining and wallpaper
Whitewashing and painting is a classic look. This type of finish requires preliminary cleaning, leveling and surface treatment. Putty, primer requires a lot of time to dry. The presence of dirt and dust also complicate the work.
This type of decoration was popular 10-15 years ago. With a variety of materials and installation technologies, all this has faded into the background. Water dispersion paint turns the ceiling into a perfectly even, clean and tidy space.
It can be easily repainted, applied with decorative plaster, it will be simple and predictable. Wallpaper on the ceiling is light and moisture resistant. Neutral or white in color. Advantages: accessibility, the possibility of painting, a wide selection, ease of work with the material.
Disadvantages: short-lived, do not tolerate the release of steam and condensate, the inability to hide the wires.
The choice of colors and patterns
Most often, designers choose white color. It is traditional and makes the room very bright and airy. The glossy shade looks better in small kitchens of low height.
Red is an original idea for high ceilings and large kitchen spaces. Usually he is chosen by people with bright leadership qualities, adventurers. The main thing is to choose the right tone and color of the walls, as well as kitchen furniture and sets.
Black color is rarely used. Suitable for tall and large rooms. It is important to determine the shades of black, otherwise the impression may be the absence of a ceiling.
Different landscapes, images of flowers, patterns, starry sky are used for drawings. Everything that the fantasy prompts.
The matte look of the ceiling is suitable for large kitchens. Dust, joints are not visible on such a surface. It is more suitable for classic-style kitchens. Glossy beautifully reflects the interior of the kitchen, visually expands the space.
For a small kitchen, a combined ceiling is suitable. Glossy inserts are used on the matte surface, which increase the volume of the room.
The design of the ceiling and the entire kitchen, made in the same style and with the selected color scheme, is an optimal solution. To do this, there are many materials with a variety of colors, textures and quality. That allows you to choose the option for every taste and budget, create coziness, comfort and unique interior in every kitchen.
Video: which ceiling is best for a small kitchen. Views and design, color choice
Video: glossy stretch or matte - which is better to choose?
Photo: design options
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.