The kitchen is one of the most visited rooms in the house, so the walls and floor must be covered with wear-resistant material. Tile for the kitchen is considered the best option, because this material can cover both the floor and walls. Above the working surface, walls are often subject to contamination, which not all materials can be removed. An apron made of this material allows you to always keep kitchen surfaces clean.
Among the floor coverings for the kitchen, tile also ranks first. Properly selected tiles perfectly complement the interior, will not create difficulties in maintenance, and will last for many years. Choosing a tile is not an easy task, because it must be suitable not only in appearance, but also in many characteristics.
Features and Benefits
Ceramic tile is considered the most practical material, and you can verify this by examining its advantages:
- Moisture resistant. It is completely not afraid of humidity, and getting drops of water on it does not affect its appearance.
- Fire safety. It does not give in to fire, and does not promote the spread of fire.
- Non toxicity. It consists of natural components, and during manufacture it is exposed to high temperatures, which guarantees safety.
- High durability. It has high strength, which makes it an excellent material for covering the floor in the kitchen. After all, there may fall heavy objects, for example, pans.
- Durability. With proper care, it can last up to 30 years. Its appearance does not change over time, even under the influence of sunlight.
- A large assortment. The store offers a large selection of ceramic tiles, you can choose the size, color and texture for every taste.
Of the features of this coating, one can note its diversity. There are products of different textures, you can find options for marble or wood. Such a variety makes it possible to create an original design. On a tile with patterns, less noticeable pollution, which allows it to be washed less often.
Types of tiles according to the manufacturing method:
- Majolica. Double firing takes place and is covered with an opaque glaze. Resistant to water, acids and alkali.
- Terraglia. It is made of clay, sand and fluxes, double fired. It has white color, which makes it possible to apply various patterns to it and cover it with glass glaze on top.
- Cotto. It has a porous texture and is not covered with glaze. It is made of clay, and has a red, orange or brown color.
- Ceramic granite. It is created by pressing clay, quartz and mica, after which firing takes place. It is resistant to stains and high strength.
- Clinker. Made from sintered clay, and burned once after coating with glaze. It has a red color, but the glaze allows you to change it.
Ceramic tiles are made from almost the same ingredients, but the finish can be varied. The most popular is a structured tile that mimics natural materials or expensive coatings.
Types of finishes for structured tiles:
- Under the stone. Allows you to create an exclusive design and is suitable for rooms with high traffic.
- Under the brick. Allows you to visually increase the area of the room, and create a design in the style of Provence.
- Marbled. Unlike real marble, this material takes less time for installation work, and is resistant to mold or mildew.
- Under the mosaic. This type of material has a wide range, and is durable and easy to maintain.
- Under the tree. Wood tile also looks expensive, but is easier to care for and more resistant to fire.
- Under the laminate. It is used to cover the floor; it differs from the original in high strength and moisture resistance.
- Under the parquet. It is used as a floor covering, allowing to save.
For the manufacture of tiles, several materials are used. Clay allows you to get the necessary plasticity to form the workpiece. Quartz sand performs a structural function, which makes it possible to control the size of the workpieces. Also used are materials with feldspars or carbonates in the composition. They provide the desired viscosity, and a dense structure of the product.
White color is universal and suitable for any kitchen design. It makes the room more spacious and adds light. As a bright accent, you can use vinyl stickers. Black tiles can only be used in combination with white or beige, otherwise the kitchen will appear dark.
Brown color is suitable for kitchen with wooden furniture. The beige shade is suitable for a Provence-style kitchen; moreover, it makes the room more spacious.
A bright and plain kitchen is a classic, but if you want contrast, you can buy bright tiles for the kitchen. Lemon, lime and red colors are great for this room, and look appetizing and stylish. But, they should be used only in bright, plain kitchens.
For an apron, you can use a combination of several colors. White-green-orange, blue-pink-yellow look harmonious, as well as the classic combination - white-red-black. Photos of other original combinations can be found on the Internet.
How to choose
Choosing floor ceramic tiles for the kitchen, you need to pay attention to its strength. It is advisable to choose a material of at least grade 5 according to GOST. For resistance to acids and alkalis, you need to choose a material of class AA or B. This will allow stains to be washed off the surface with detergents.
Choosing material for a kitchen apron, you can not pay attention to strength. The working surface is not exposed to mechanical stress. But, it is important to consider the resistance to chemicals and indicators of thermal resistance. It is advisable to choose a class AA product that can withstand temperatures up to 125 degrees.
When choosing a product from the catalog, it is necessary to consider its size. You should calculate the surface area that you want to cover, and compare with the dimensions of the product. It is advisable to choose a tile that can be precisely sized, without clipping.
How much is
The cost of tiles in Moscow starts from 250r / m2, for such a price you can buy a product without invoice and patterns of Russian or Ukrainian production. Prices for materials with a pattern start from 400r / m2. A product with an invoice can be purchased for 700r / m2. Fashionable tiles for the kitchen of the highest quality, with high strength and a wide range of designs can be found from 2000r / m2 up to 2500r / m2 . This price can most often be found on materials produced in Italy or Spain.
Review of the best brands
- FAP CERAMICHE
Country - Italy. The company has only one plant, where products undergo the most stringent quality control. The products of this company are distinguished by high cost, environmental friendliness, and high quality. The company produces 30 collections of tiles for the kitchen, but they have products with a unique appearance.
- KERAMA MARAZZI
Country Russia. This company produces durable products with a large selection of design solutions. Of the shortcomings can only be called not always the perfect combination of wall and floor coverings in the collections. The manufacturer divided its products into geographical zones, creating collections in the style of different countries. This is the only Russian manufacturer that produces ceramic granite using innovative dry pressing technology.
- CERAMICA PARADYZ
Country - Poland. The company was established in 1989, and at the moment has created 5 factories. The company has become popular not only in the territory of its native country, but also in 39 countries of the world. For the manufacture of products using modern equipment and high quality material, which gives excellent quality. The manufacturer also has a large assortment, but really unique products have a high cost.
It is extremely difficult to choose a suitable tile from a huge assortment. To do this, you need to pay attention not only to the appearance and cost, but also to other characteristics. If you approach the choice responsibly, then the tiles in the kitchen will please the eye for many years.
Photo: tiles for the kitchen in the interior
With great interest I always read your comments to my articles. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, leave, you are welcome, Your feedback in the form below. Your opinion is very important to me. Thanks to your criticism and thanks, I can make this blog more useful and interesting.
I would be very grateful if you rate this post and share it with your friends. This is easy to do by clicking on the social media buttons above. Do not forget the article you like Add to bookmarks and subscribe to new blog posts on social networks.