The content of the article:
The normal development of all plants, whether garden crops or flowers, depends on the soil. After all, it is from it that they get the nutrients they need to grow. This is particularly important for young plants - fragile seedlings even more in need of a balanced composition of the earth. However, in addition to microelements, microflora is also present in any substrate, sometimes not very useful. It affects the growth of plants, suppressing it, and prevents normal development. To prevent a sad outcome, it is important to know how to decontaminate the land for seedlings.
Why is it necessary to decontaminate the soil?
Various pathogens are capable of damaging seedlings. In this case, they are present not only in the land from the garden. Shop universal soils may also contain pathogenic flora. As is known, seedlings are grown in hothouse conditions of high humidity and temperature. And this is the atmosphere that suits bacteria best. In warmth and moisture, they begin to actively grow and multiply. As a result, the seedlings begin to ache, the transplant is more difficult to tolerate, or even completely disappears.
Do not forget about the pests: their larvae are also often found in untreated soil.
How to decontaminate the soil for seedlings: popular ways
Every gardener and florist has his own favorite method of disinfection. Perhaps, something from our list is useful to you. So, it is possible to destroy pathogenic microbes and larva of pests in such ways:
- Ignite the earth in the oven.Soak the soil on a baking sheet with a thick layer and fry for 40 minutes.
- Soak in a water bath.Do this no less than hours.
- Freeze.For a week in winter leave the land on the balcony or in another room that is not heated. Then warm up the days 7 in the house. Repeat the procedure again.
- Spill with potassium permanganate.The method is good for chernozem, but is not suitable for acidic soil. Маргацовка will make it even more sour.
- Spill biological preparations.They not only destroy the "bad but also populate "good" bacteria. Not bad are such means as Fitosporin, Trichodermin and Barrier.
In conclusion, I would like to add that in the case of the use of "chemistry" it is necessary to follow the instruction. Overdose can make the earth sterile, and in such soil it is difficult to grow anything.