The modern market of household appliances are highly variable. Manufacturers regularly offer their customers new, advanced models of Bole. These are and water heaters. Correct operation and compliance with all the requirements specified in the instructions will help extend the life of the equipment operation.
The content of the article
- design Features
- Possible causes of the water drain
- available options
- What you should pay attention to
- accident prevention
Water heaters or boilers, took strong positions in almost every apartment or private house. They provide accommodation to the regular intake of hot water, helping not depend on the utility systems of the central support. It looks simple device actually has a complicated structure and performs quite important functions. It automatically maintains the temperature of the available water in it.
The modern market of similar appliances presented in a wide range. Each owner will be able to find a device that fits in design, size and pricing. Despite the apparent differences, all are equipped with water heaters on the same principle.
Inside the housing is hidden TEN - tubular electric charge immediately after the heating. It and other parts (safety valve, a magnesium anode) protected by a heat-insulating layer which extends between the outer and inner walls of the housing.
At the bottom of the design is the thermostat that is responsible for the possibility of temperature control. On the outer walls are special brackets for eventual water heater equipment on a wall or other surface.
A few simple and all the familiar components responsible for performing important functions and a convenience when using the water heater.
Possible causes of the water drain
Periodically, it may be necessary to drain the water, releasing capacity of the boiler. Many people wonder whether or not to lower the water from the water heater for the winter need. Consider the case where you need to drain the water.
Manufacturers are urged to respect the recommendations and not to release water heater without urgent need.
- The equipment is located in a long unheated space, such as a summer residence. Water stagnant in the drive and pipes freeze. This can lead to damage of the internal structure or break tank;
- Routine cleaning of the inner surface of the tank. Rusty appearance plaque and bacteria promotes hard water. Periodic cleaning is required in such situations;
- Replacement of an old to a new magnesium anode. The anode is engaged in that purifies incoming water from harmful impurities accumulating them in itself. Replace the new device should be held annually;
- The appearance of leaks and leaks when using the boiler. When damaged walls device operation should be stopped;
- Odor demonstrates the need for urgent cleaning. It can occur due to stagnant water in the tank.
It is not recommended unless absolutely necessary to carry out over the sink fluid treatments. The ideal option would be emptying the storage tank 1 once a year.
Experts identified a number of methods suitable for draining water from the water heater. Competent approach and compliance with safety regulations will help to conduct the process of draining quickly and without injury and burns.
Reference. Before the fluid drain procedure, you must read the instructions for a more detailed understanding of the unit heater.
Several ways to drain the water heater:
- The most popular is the draining of fluid through the safety valve. water heater tank is equipped with a special valve designed just for emergency emptying containers. For added convenience, the valve spout can connect the drain tube directed into a tub or sink.
- Using the valve, it is necessary to block the flow of water from the tap. After cooling the remaining liquid in the casing tube gently removed Incoming hot and cold water. When the tubes are removed, you can begin to drain.
- Perform emptying the tank can be through a special opening for cold water. This method is more complicated. For the procedure to temporarily prevent the flow of water into the building. Under the hole to place a suitable container for collecting water. Wrench carefully unscrew the nut, remove after dropping the valve. For a more rapid emptying valve can be opened for entry of hot water. The air coming into the housing, provoke a faster outflow.
Compliance with all the steps in the help empty the water heater tank.
What you should pay attention to
Any of the above process does not guarantee a complete draining. For a thorough emptying is necessary to disassemble the boiler. For that spun gently on the lid bottom surface and detach process performed wirelessly.
When disconnecting the wiring need to remember all the details of the initial connection to continue the operation. The flange serves the function of support for the tubular electric heater, it is necessary to unscrew counterclockwise. A slight easing of nuts allow to drain fluid left on the bottom.
After complete emptying can be completely unscrew the flange. When removing the heating element may be difficult because of the scale and rusty plaque on its surface. To do this, you can gently shake the water heater, gradually pulling up the heater.
During the repair work is necessary to observe safety rules. This will help avoid making potentially dangerous injuries and burns, as well as to extend the use of the water heater.
First of all experts do not recommend to conduct an independent discharge of water, provided that the device is still in the warranty period. Even minor damage will cause removal of the warranty. In this case it is better to address the conduct of services to professionals.
Before carrying out repair work of the unit to disable the power supply network, and also give the liquid in the container to cool to room temperature. This will prevent the possibility of burns.
It is not recommended unless absolutely necessary to drain the water. In the empty state of the inner body of the boiler is more susceptible to the appearance of corrosion. The ideal option would be a cleansing of the inner walls and the replacement of parts needed 1 every year.
Electric water heaters have become a constant companion in every apartment. Timely care, adherence to the simple guidelines and safety precautions to help make repairs on their own processes and extend the life of the device.