It's great when the refrigerator works without breakdowns. But when it does not turn off at all - it's not normal anymore. The motor compressor will not last long without a "breather its parts will wear out and fail. What to do if the freezer is not turned off? Find out the reasons and start troubleshooting.
Content of the material:
- 1Why the freezer works all the time
2Problems that need repair
- 2.1The engine hums without disconnecting, but there is no cold in the freezer compartment
- 2.2The camera freezes so that ice and snow build up on the walls
- 2.3In the refrigerator with one motor, the freezer freezes, and in the refrigeration department the temperature is increased
- 2.4In models with two engines, the freezer compartment refreezes products, the refrigeration unit operates in the usual mode
- 2.5The freezer works without stopping, but the temperature does not reach the set
Why the freezer works all the time
Are you sure that the compressor does not stop at rest? Normally, the refrigerator should function for 20 minutes and rest for 5 minutes. Listen to the work: if it really works without stopping, then proceed to find the reasons.
If the freezer "Biryusa" or "Indesit" is constantly working, it does not mean a serious malfunction. First of all you need to check:
- Which mode was selected. Maybe you turned on the super-frost, so that after washing the compressor quickly overtook the temperature. In electromechanical models, the set mode must be disconnected independently: it is enough to turn the knob of the regulator. While in electronic it is automatically turned off after two to four hours.
- Thermostat position. For devices with mechanical control, the normal position of the regulator is considered,. For electronic equipment, choose a temperature of -18-19 degrees. Even when the room is hot and stuffy, you do not need to set a higher value. If you have the right technique forclimatic class, it will cope with the load.
Important! The climatic class is denoted by Latin letters on the body or in the instructions of the device. Choose according to the region and place of operation.
If all the indications are normal, but the freezer compartment does not turn off, then the diagnosis of the nodes and parts is necessary. You can contact a specialist or try to solve the problem yourself.
Problems that need repair
The causes of such breakdowns should be sought with the help of special equipment. Therefore, if you do not have this experience, it is better to contact the service. At least you will understand where to look for the problem.
The engine hums without disconnecting, but there is no cold in the freezer compartment
The reason is a clogged capillary pipeline: as a result, the refrigerant can not move normally along the contour. Clogs can occur due to burned up oil particles of the compressor, which also move through the system.
What to do:
- Clean the circuit, the system.
- Check the engine oil. Replace if it is not usable.
- Fill the system with gas-freon.
The camera freezes so that ice and snow build up on the walls
In electromechanical models, the problem can be covered in the temperature regulator. In electronic refrigerators the evaporator sensor (Indesit, Ariston and other brands with No Frost) could break.
Since the thermostat does not send a signal about the temperature in the compartment, the board does not give a signal to turn it off. Therefore, the motor runs without interruption.
To solve the problem, the sensor or thermostat must be replaced.
Also, the problem may be the constant ingress of warm air into the chamber. For what reason is this happening:
- The door seal worn out. Check up, probably, it was polluted, therefore does not adjoin to the case. Wash it with soap and water, wipe with ammonia. If the rubber is deformed, the boiling water will help restore the shape to it. To do this, water the seal with a thin trickle. When worn, a complete replacement of the element is necessary.
- The hinges sagged, the door fastenings loosened. Tighten the fasteners or replace the doors.
In the refrigerator with one motor, the freezer freezes, and in the refrigeration department the temperature is increased
- The switch is stuck in one position. The valve switches the supply of cold to the upper and lower chambers in turn. If it sticks, one of the cameras does not get proper cooling. The parts are being replaced.
- The electronic board is out of order. Then the motor does not receive the command and does not turn off.
In models with two engines, the freezer compartment refreezes products, the refrigeration unit operates in the usual mode
The module is again diagnosed and replaced.
The freezer works without stopping, but the temperature does not reach the set
The matter is in the output of the coolant: the contour is broken somewhere, and the gas flows outward. To confirm the guess, unfreeze the appliance and leave to stand for 24 hours. Then plug it into the network. If the refrigerator or freezer is not turned on, it's a leak.
If a freon leak occurs, call the master who will find the leakage spot, fix the problem and refuel the system.
Now you know where to look for a problem in case of such problems. Do not allow long-term operation of the equipment without stopping, otherwise you will have to perform expensive repairs.