The content of the article:
Radish daikon originally from Japan, in its homeland, it is an indispensable component of the daily diet. The culture is known to many gardeners and truck farmers, it has high yield and long shelf life, excellent taste and medicinal properties. What is the use and harm of the daikon, are there any contraindications and limitations, in what form is it better to consume this vegetable for food?
Culture daikon - information sheet
Daikon is an early ripening root, which belongs to the subspecies of the radish of a sowing plant, a family of cabbage crops. According to the taste characteristics, the vegetable is something between the radish and the radish. If you compare it with the taste of radish, then the daikon is not so bitter, since it contains less mustard oil. Unlike radish, the daikon is less fibrous and hard, has a mild and pleasant aroma.
Translated from Japanese, the daikon is a great root. Indeed, root crops can reach giant sizes - grow to a length of 50-60 cm and gain weight more, kg.
Culture has many varieties, differing in shape and size of root, taste and hue of pulp. Seeds for a long time do not lose quality and remain viable for five years. The optimal time for sowing is mid-summer, late July-early August. The conditions and technique of cultivation is similar in many respects to the radish. The vegetative period is from 60 to 70 days, during this time truck farmers manage to collect up to three crops.
The chemical composition of root vegetables
Nutritional value and chemical composition explain what a daikon is useful for an organism. Caloric content of 100 grams of the vegetable is only 20 kcal, and its glycemic index is 15 units. The pulp contains nutrients - proteins and carbohydrates, there are no fats, there are dietary fibers and bactericidal components, essential amino acids, enzymes, useful vitamins, salts and minerals.
Daikon is a dietary food product, it has low caloric content and there are no fats, it has a high concentration of cellulose and pectins.
The pulp of daikon contains:
- proteins and carbohydrates - quickly satisfy hunger and give a sense of satiety;
- fiber - normalizes digestion and stimulates the intestine;
- glycosides - regulate the functions of the human nervous system;
- amino acids - are an obligatory component of the diet;
- pectins - regulate the level of cholesterol and blood sugar;
- enzymes - promote better digestion and assimilation of food;
- vitamins - relieve the risk of vitamin deficiency;
- minerals - regulate the hormonal background, improve well-being;
- phytoncides are valuable biologically active substances endowed with bactericidal properties.
Daikon - good and bad for health
An edible part of a plant is a storehouse of useful and vital components, the combination of which is aimed at improving and restoring the body, increasing the tone and working capacity. Regular use of root vegetables in food positively affects the immune, circulatory and cardiovascular system, supports the health of the thyroid and genital organs, improves the activity of the head and spinal the brain.
Radish daikon - good and bad:
- What is useful daikon. Enzymes help to normalize the metabolism, promote the acceleration of metabolism and tissue regeneration. Phytoncides have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant effects. Vitamins and minerals help to strengthen immunity and improve health. Fiber and pectin contribute to increased intestinal peristalsis, purify the body and remove toxins. Irreplaceable amino acids are opposed to cell degeneration, the development of erosive and tumor processes. Flesh and juice are used inside and outside.
- Possible harm to the body. Rough structure of the vegetable can provoke an exacerbation in diseases of the digestive system - gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, erosions and ulcers. Daikon should be used with caution in cholelithiasis and intestinal hyperactivity. Organic acids present in the juice are not tolerated with increased acidity of the stomach. Radish can cause an allergic reaction and skin rashes.
In the event of any painful sensations, you should completely refuse to include this vegetable in your diet.
As the daikon affects the human body
Radish daikon is a natural source of health. If you regularly use it for food, you can well cleanse the body and improve health, strengthen defenses, gain a charge of vigor and energy.
Daikon - useful properties:
- For woman. Fiber and pectins, which are concentrated in the root, allow the use of daikon for weight loss. Insoluble fibers are digested for a very long time, which provides a person a pleasant satiety.
- For a man. Vegetables are among the powerful aphrodisiacs. With regular use, it increases libido and improves potency, helps normalize the hormonal background.
- For the elderly person. Radish helps the body resist viruses and infections, especially during the off-season, when the risk of respiratory and catarrhal diseases rises to a large extent. It is effective for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis, gout and rheumatism, which is especially relevant in the elderly.
- For a child. The positive overall influence of white radish on children is achieved due to the diverse composition and high nutritional value of the product. The use of vegetables in fresh form helps the development of the mouth - jaws, tongue and teeth, normalizes digestion and stool.
- During pregnancy and feeding. Daikon promotes the full-time intrauterine formation and development of the fetus. Radish is a mild diuretic, allowing you to remove excess fluid from the body, which is very useful in the period of bearing a child. Vegetable is effective for increasing lactation and improving the quality of breast milk.
Dyke for weight loss - video
Recommendations for eating
In addition to useful properties, the daikon has contraindications, which most often arise from improper eating of vegetables and fruits. In case of violations in the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, it is necessary to ask the doctor what radish daikon benefits and harms the body. In any pathology during the acute stage, use of a vegetable is not recommended.
The main rule of eating a daikon is moderation. Introduce the vegetable in the diet should be gradually, starting with its inclusion in vegetable salads, snacks and side dishes.
Daikon, the rules of eating:
- The quality of the root is evaluated visually and to the touch. It should be clean, fresh and healthy, without defects, cracks, darkening and wormholes.
- Most often it is used raw as an ingredient for vegetable salads, but it can be heat-treated - boil, stew, fry.
- The radish is stored in a refrigerator wrapped in a plastic bag.
- The process of preparation of a radish is simple - the vegetable is peeled, cut into slices or rubbed on a grater, salted to taste and watered with vegetable oil.
- A healthy person can eat daikon daily in moderation. Elderly people should use it with caution, preferably in grated form or squeezed out of juice.
- Include radish in the children's diet is allowed from the age of three, watching the response of the body.
The original taste of the daikon is suitable for simple and refined products - meat, fish, mushrooms and seafood, it fits perfectly with a variety of dressings and sauces, other vegetables and fruits. Gourmets prefer young shoots and plant leaves, oriental and Asian dishes with it. With reasonable use this useful vegetable is necessary for every person at any age for the purpose of treatment and prevention.