The content of the article:
To date, breeders have produced many varieties of carrots. Therefore, a vegetable gardener will not be difficult to choose a suitable variety. Some varieties predominantly sow in early spring, others are remarkably suitable for sowing for the winter. There are species that are used for long-term storage, and some yield more yield. But the most important thing is the high content of sugar and carotene, because most people love a tasty and sweet carrot.
Below are the varieties of carrots with photos and descriptions that have been very popular with gardeners in Russia for several years:
- The Shantans.
- The Emperor.
- Moscow winter.
These varieties have increased taste, contain a large amount of sugar and carotene and are well preserved in winter.
Medium-ripening high-yielding variety (fruit ripening occurs within 78-112 days from the emergence of seedlings). Main characteristics:
- Roots are long, cylindrical, blunt-ended. The length of the fruit is 14-16 cm, weight 80-160 g. The surface is smooth, with shallow impressed eyes, bright orange, which at the end of the vegetative period can have a green or purple color of the head.
- The carrot pulp of Nantes is full of orange-red color, juicy, tender. The core is small, round or angular, its color practically does not differ from the flesh.
- The content of sugar 7%, carotene - 14-19 mg.
- Productivity 5-7 kg;
- Carrot Nantes is resistant to early stalking, but it tends to bloom. Excellent for sowing both early and late spring. Due to cold resistance, the variety can also be used for sowing under the winter.
- With early planting time, keeping quality is good until the middle of winter. In case of late sowing, it can be used for long-term storage.
- Carrots Nantes is considered a variety of universal purpose.
Carrots of Chanties
Medium-ripening harvest variety (from shoots to maturation takes 90-120 days). Main characteristics:
- Roots of carrots Shantana large, even, have a truncated-conical shape, with a run down, blunt-ended. Fruits are completely immersed in the ground, but can be easily pulled out. Length 13-15 cm, weight 75-200 g. The surface is smooth, with small lenticels.
- The pulp is dense, full of orange-red color, with a pleasant aroma. The core is large, expressed, light orange or yellow in color.
- Sugar content 7%, carotene - 12-14 mg.
- The yield of carrots Shantane is 4, kg.
- Good resistance to early stalking and diseases, carrots do not bloom and do not crack. It is actively used in industrial crops. Great for growing outdoors.
- Good quality.
- Carrot Shantana is a variety for universal use.
Late ripening variety of carrots (ripening of fruits comes on 110-135 day after emergence). Main characteristics:
- Roots are large, even, have a cylindrical shape with a small run down, blunt-ended. Length of fruits of carrots Emperor 25-30 cm, weight 90-200 g. The surface is smooth, with shallow eyes.
- Flesh is rich orange-red, dense, juicy, with a pleasant aroma. The core is small, very much the same color as the flesh.
- Carrots The Emperor contains a large amount of carotene. It has good taste and a pleasant aroma. The content of sugar, -11%, carotene - 16-25 mg.
- Yield is 2-5 kg.
- The variety is resistant to color and premature stalking. A good crop yields on light loamy and sandy loamy ground. Suitable for podzimnego sowing.
- Well transported and long maintained. During the storage of carrots, the Emperor improves his qualities.
- Usage is universal.
Medium-ripening variety (vegetation period is 80-120 days). Main characteristics:
- Carrot Losinoostrovskaya has a cylindrical shape, sometimes with a small run to the base, with a blunt end. Fruits are almost completely immersed in the ground, they have many lateral filiform roots. The fruit length is 15-20 cm, weight is 100-155 g. The surface of the carrot is orange, even, with shallow lenticels.
- The flesh is orange, juicy, tender. The core is rounded, small, almost colorless in color from the flesh.
- Carrots Losinoostrovskaya has a high content of sugar and carotene, which increases during storage. The sugar content is 7-9%, carotene 21-28 mg.
- Productivity is, kg.
- Good resistance to early stalking and disease. The variety is cold-resistant, so it can be used for sowing under winter.
- The carrot quality of Losinoostrovskaya is good, suitable for long-term storage.
- A variety of universal purpose, often used for baby food and juicing.
The medium-ripening variety (the growing season is 78-110 days). Main characteristics:
- Roots of carrots Vitamin have a cylindrical shape, a little thickened, with a blunt end, almost completely immersed in the ground. The length of the fruit is 13-15 cm, weight 60-170 g. The surface of the carrot is orange, smooth, with shallow lenticels.
- The flesh is tender, sugary. The core is small, rounded or stellate, almost the same color as the flesh.
- Carrot Vitamin is considered one of the sweetest varieties. The sugar content is about 11%, carotene - 17-22 mg.
- The yield is 4-8 kg.
- Good resistance to premature stalking, blooms slightly, but has a predisposition to cracking the fruit. Suitable for cultivation on mineral and drained peat-bog soils. Cold-resistant variety, therefore suitable for sowing under winter.
- Well preserved throughout the winter.
- Carrot Vitamin is a universal variety, great for baby food.
Early ripening variety (vegetation period is 80-95 days). Main characteristics:
- Root crops have a cylindrical shape, thin, even. Length of fruit carrot Tushon 15-20 cm, weight 150 g. The surface is smooth with small eyes.
- The flesh of carrots is rich orange, juicy. The core is almost the same color as the flesh.
- The content of sugar, %, carotene - 1, -1, mg.
- Yield of carrots Tushon is, kg.
- Has good resistance to diseases, rashness and cracking. It grows well on open sandy soil.
- At the later stages of planting carrots Tushon is suitable for long-term storage in winter.
- A variety of universal purpose.
Carrot Moscow winter
Medium-ripening high-yielding variety (from seedling to maturation is 70-100 days). Main characteristics:
- Roots are elongated-conical, blunt-ended. Length of fetal carrot in Moscow winter 15-18 cm, weight 100-170 g. The surface is smooth, orange.
- The pulp is juicy, tender, with a pleasant aroma. The core is small, round or irregular in shape.
- Carrot Moscow winter has excellent taste. The content of sugar, -8%, carotene - 10-12 mg.
- Yield is 5-7 kg.
- Resistance to diseases is average. Carrots Moscow winter is often used for sowing under the winter.
- Good quality, one of the best varieties of carrots for long-term storage.
- Is a grade of universal purpose.
Of all varieties of carrots with photos and descriptions, it is better to choose those that fully meet the needs of the gardener and the conditions of growth. For sowing it is recommended to choose several varieties with different terms of technical ripeness and taste qualities. In this case, you can enjoy a delicious root vegetable throughout the year.