The content of the article:
Gooseberries are an amazing berry, from which a lot of useful preparations for the winter are obtained: jam, jam, compote, adzhika and sauces as excellent additions to meat dishes. But the favorite of most housewives is jelly from gooseberry with orange. This delicacy is simply a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. The composition of berries includes potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, as well as pectins - substances that neutralize the negative effect on the intestines of heavy metals. There are several varieties of this culture - white, yellow, light green, but especially valuable for jelly preparations of black-berry varieties of gooseberries, it is from these that the high-quality and maximum useful product.
Preparation of berries
To choose berries should be taken responsibly, preference should be given to dark, large and ripe fruits without traces of fungal and other diseases. The most delicious is jelly, if it is made from gooseberry varieties Slivovy, Chernoslivy, Chernomor, Russian.
Before proceeding with the preparation of gooseberry jelly with oranges, it is worth familiarizing with the rules of preparation of fruits and citrus:
- berries must be carefully sorted, remove twigs and inflorescences, it is most convenient to use kitchen scissors for this purpose;
- the processed fruits should be placed in any wide container, filled with water and left for at least 40 minutes, after the specified time, the berries should be poured into a colander, washed and dried;
- Oranges are recommended to be filled with boiling water, wipe dry and cut into small slices, removing the bones.
Having performed the initial processing of products, you can proceed directly to preparing gooseberry jelly with oranges. There are a lot of recipes, but regardless of your choice, you need to observe the proportions of berries and sugar. Pectin has a direct effect on the required amount of sugar. The more in the fruits of this substance, the more sugar you need to prepare a winter treat.
Classic recipe for gooseberry jelly with oranges for the winter
A step-by-step instruction of gooseberry jelly with oranges for the winter will allow you to cook a tasty and useful treat without problems, even if this is your first culinary experience. Gooseberries with citrus - this is an excellent taste combination and if you previously did not like blanks from this berry, then from such a jelly you can not be guaranteed to refuse.
So, the classical recipe implies the use of the following components:
- , kg fresh fruits of gooseberries;
- 3 juicy oranges;
- 2 kg of sugar.
Stages of preparation:
- Pre-treated berries and citrus fruits are passed through a meat grinder and mixed until homogeneous.
- The resulting mass is transferred to a large saucepan, add the required amount of sugar and cook, stirring, over low heat, for 20-25 minutes from the beginning of boiling.
- We divide the finished product according to previously sterilized jars, roll them up and cover them with a warm blanket.
Watch out for time and do not allow the digestion of foods, as prolonged thermal treatment leads to the destruction of pectin.
Gooseberry jelly with oranges and gelatin
When preparing jelly from gooseberry with orange and gelatin, it is possible to achieve an even more gelling effect. To create a thick mass we need:
- 1 kg of unripe gooseberry fruit;
- 2 oranges;
- 250 ml of water;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 100 g of gelatin;
- 1 vanilla stick.
- We process and wash berries. Citrus washed, wiped, cut into small slices.
- Fill a large pot with water, add sugar and, stirring, bring to a boil.
- After complete dissolution of sugar, we introduce berries and citrus fruits, bring to a boil over low heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mass to cool completely.
- In the cooled mixture add gelatin (pre-soaked and filtered) and vanilla.
- Again, put the saucepan on a slow fire and, stirring, bring to a boil.
- After 4 minutes after boiling, remove the pan from the plate and divide the resulting mass into glass jars.
- Banks roll, wrap with a warm blanket and leave for a day to cool down, then transferred to storage in the cellar or refrigerator.
Do not overturn a banafter casting, this can disrupt the gelling process.
Gooseberry jelly with orange and lemon without cooking
Another common recipe - gooseberry jelly with oranges and lemon. Oranges are rich in vitamin C, contain sugar and essential oils, and lemons contain other useful substances - phosphorus, carotene, calcium salts, vitamins B and PP. This combination has a particularly beneficial effect on immunity in the winter, when the body suffers from a lack of vitamins and minerals. Only 2-3 tablespoons of gooseberry jelly are able to prevent the occurrence of vitamin deficiency daily. A recipe for jelly from gooseberries with oranges and lemon without cooking is a real find for young housewives!
For preparation, you need the following products:
- , kg of ripe gooseberry;
- 2 large oranges;
- 1 large lemon;
- , kg of sugar.
Stages of procurement:
- We process and rinse berries, rinse citrus fruits, cut them into small slices and remove the stones (leave the orange peel, remove the lemon grass).
- All products are passed through a meat grinder (you can use a blender).
- We pour the mixture into a large container, add sugar and leave for 24 hours to infuse, periodically stirring the mass with a wooden spatula.
- After 24 hours, the finished product is spread over sterilized jars and tightly closed with lids.
Prepare for the winter jelly from gooseberry with oranges and lemon, you will enjoy a delicious and fragrant treat, remembering the hot summer. Such a thick workpiece is perfectly combined with crispy toasts, pancakes and pancakes, cheese cakes and little bits. Even a spoonful of jelly along with a mug of hot tea will certainly energize you and provide a good mood.