To maintain healthy teeth, brushing is not enough. An ideal option is mouth sanitation, but running around every day to the dentist’s office is problematic. The way out of the situation was proposed by the creators of an excellent apparatus, which is already popularly called a personal dentist. His real name is an irrigator. The usefulness of this invention is obvious, but it is important to consider a number of contraindications.
- In what cases are irrigators used?
- The benefits of the apparatus
- Is there any harm from the irrigator?
- Advantages and disadvantages of application
- Useful Tips
In what cases are irrigators used?
The irrigator was developed as an oral care device, dentists advise using it to prevent caries and treat gums. The principle of operation is simple: the surface is treated with a strong stream of water, which cleans the remnants of food from inaccessible places.
It is applied for:
- disinfection and refreshment of the oral cavity;
- gum micromassage;
- cleaning braces and crowns;
- treating bleeding gums.
There are models where a new microbubble cleaning method has been introduced; it is more effective. Many devices operate in pulsation mode, when microparticles of dirt and between the teeth, and they are easier to stray.
The irrigator does not replace the toothbrush, but complements its action.
The benefits of the apparatus
How useful the device can be judged by the effectiveness of its impact. People who use the irrigator say that the condition of the teeth improves significantly. Customers with crowns in their mouths instantly solved the problem of cleaning these appliances. Irrigator treatment helps to extend the life of dental products, and health - areas of the oral cavity under the crowns. After all, if an infection or food particles get there, inflammation in the root of the tooth may occur over time.
Doctors say that the irrigator:
- helps determine periodontitis,
- contributes to the improvement of the microflora of the mouth;
- eliminates unpleasant odor, which is especially important for smokers;
- diagnoses periodontitis;
- solves the problem of brushing the mouth in people with irregular tooth structure;
- sanitizes not only the enamel surface, but also the gingival pockets and interdental spaces;
- heals the mucous membrane and promotes better survival of the implants, but it can only be used some time after installation.
Is there any harm from the irrigator?
With all its advantages, an irrigator is not a tool suitable for absolutely everyone. Like any device, it also has a list of contraindications that are important to consider. Therefore, before buying a miracle remedy, you should consult your dentist. This permission does not depend on the manufacturer. The products of Aquajet, Waterpik, Braun, Oral-B, Donfeel in the market of goods are in deserved demand, but contraindications do not depend on the capabilities of the device, but on the state of health.
Contraindications for use:
- Recently, an implant was installed or tooth extraction, gum surgery.
- Periodontitis has been reported or is suspected.
- Diagnosed with rosacea - a disease of fragile vessels.
There is another little trick. Many manufacturers advise using an irrigator daily, but this is not entirely true. This position is understandable, because the faster the device fails due to constant use, the more often customers will buy a new one. In fact, using the miracle novelty is enough 3 times a week. If you do this more often, there is a risk not to reduce, but to increase the sensitivity of the teeth, bleeding may begin in places of damage. Mouth treatment should be no more than 15 minutes.
To freshen breath, it is better to buy flavored solutions.
Advantages and disadvantages of application
The creators of the model provided 2 options for irrigators: stationary and portable.
- Stationary. Designed for home, work from the mains, the flow of water is supplied under pressure, which pumps the compressor. Head power can be adjusted. It is advantageous to buy for the family, since the device includes different nozzles.
- you can choose the pressure of the jet;
- the pressure is easily adjustable over a wide range;
- quality oral care is provided.
- strong vibration;
- big sizes;
- makes a noticeable noise;
- works only from the network;
- high price.
- Portable. Work from the built-in energy source. The composition includes containers for liquid, a pump, removable nozzles. Some models are easy to assemble, you can always carry them with you. Designed for individual use.
- light weight, mobility;
- convenient to take on trips;
- produce little noise.
- jet pressure is difficult to adjust due to a weak current source;
- need to change batteries or battery frequently;
- fragile, easy to damage;
- Holds little water, it may not be enough to completely clean the mouth.
Like any device, an irrigator can do harm if used improperly, ignoring the instructions. What should be considered in order not to worsen the condition of the teeth?
A few tips:
- The device cannot be used if less than a day has passed since the installation of any orthodontic design.
- Children are allowed to use from 6 years old.
- If a dental operation has been performed, consult a doctor before using an irrigator.
- It is necessary to start cleaning in a gentle mode, gradually increasing the pressure. If you begin to do this intensively right away, it is easy to damage the tooth enamel.
- When choosing a device for a family, it’s worth buying a product with a volume tank.
- If you buy a device for children or patients with problem gums, it will not be superfluous to study the possibilities of adjusting the pressure.
- Dentists call 1200 the best ripple per minute.
- For the irrigator, you need to take only purified or boiled water.
The device is also very convenient for the use of medical solutions. Perfectly handles the mouth. The greatest benefit in the application will be if you use:
Irrigator is a good remedy for treatment, if used correctly, then no problems will arise. It is important to consider contraindications, for problems with teeth and gums it is better to be careful and use the device with extreme caution. It is best to buy goods in salons that guarantee service in the event of a breakdown.
In contact with