The content of the article:
Berries cranberries contain a large number of substances useful for the body and are distinguished by a pleasant, slightly sour taste. They can be eaten fresh, or used to prepare dessert dishes and drinks: jam, jam, marmalade or compote of cranberries perfectly complement the menu of any family.
Prepare the compote under the power of almost anyone, because the cooking process is simple and accessible. If you regularly drink this drink, it will help not only to clean the blood and get rid of anemia, also the person will return to blush and the mood will get even better.
Classic recipe for compote for the winter
Cooked according to a classic recipe, such a drink will help to maintain health in the winter season due to the fact that it retains a significant portion of vitamins. The following ingredients will be required:
- berries cranberry - 2 kg;
- sugar (sand) kg (depending on individual preferences, the amount can be adjusted to a greater or lesser extent);
- water - 3 liters.
To prepare a regular compote of cranberries for the winter, you can use the following step-by-step instruction:
- Carry out sterilization of containers. To do this, you must thoroughly rinse, and then steaming glass jars. The optimum volume of one tank is, - 1 liter.
- Pick up the cranberries. Each berry should look healthy, fresh, without external defects.
- Rinse, discard on a sieve, wait for the water to drain.
- Prepare the syrup. Sugar must be dissolved in water and brought to medium boil over medium heat.
- Fill berries in sterilized cans. Pour in a hot syrup, pasteurize for half an hour (recommended temperature - 85C).
In order to extend the shelf life of the drink to 1 - 2 years, you can add 2 - 3 slices of lemon in each jar with compote.
Preform without sterilization
If desired, you can prepare compote from cranberries for the winter without sterilization.
In order to get about 3 liters of a healthy drink, you need:
- berries - 4 incomplete glasses;
- sugar (sand) - 1 glass;
- water l.
Preparation of compote:
- Sterilize the tanks with steam for 5 minutes.
- While the bank is sterilized, boil water.
- Rinse and wash the cowberry.
- Transfer the berries to a sterilized container.
- Pour boiling water to the level of the "shoulders" of the can.
- Cover and leave for 15 minutes.
- Syrup from a can of pour into a saucepan (use a colander), cranberries put back into a container.
- Add sugar to the pan and bring over medium heat to a boil.
- Pour the boiling syrup into a jar of cranberries and roll at once.
- Turn the container upside down and cover with a warm blanket.
- After the workpiece has cooled down, it must be moved to a cool place (for example, a cellar).
For the preparation of compote of cranberries, you can use only enameled dishes, pans made of aluminum are harmful. Due to the fact that cowberry has an increased acidity, it can enter into a reaction with the metal and lose vitamins.
If before drying the berries dry it on a towel, and then lower into boiling water, then the compote will taste better and more transparent.
Recipe for cranberry compote with apples
Delicious and hearty drink, combining appetizing aroma of fruit and tart taste of berries, you can get by making compote of cranberries with apples for the winter. To get about three liters of billet, you will need:
- fresh cranberries - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar kg;
- apples kg (it is recommended to take acid varieties);
- water - 3 liters.
The recipe for compote from cowberry is simple:
- Rinse and wash the cowberry.
- Dry the cowberry.
- Wash and thoroughly wipe apples.
- Cut the fruit in half and remove the seeds, then cut each of the halves into 4 to 5 lobules.
- Bring the water to a boil, pour all the sugar and stir.
- Put in pieces of boiling syrup pieces of apples.
- Wait 15 minutes and take out the fruit from the pan.
- Put the cowberry in a boiling syrup.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the cowberry becomes clear.
- Berries to take out, using шумовку.
- Transfer liquid to prepared sterile container.
- Roll up the jar and put it in storage.
Before you start to prepare compote from cranberries, you need to carefully inspect and select cranberries. If the drink receives only 1 undersized or rotten berry, it can spoil the whole drink. Compote should not after the preparation contain turbidity and sediment.
Recipe for a concentrated drink
Many housewives like concentrated blanks - they, if necessary, can be diluted with water. In this case, the following recipe can be useful.
In order to prepare a concentrated cowberry compote, the following ingredients will be required:
- cranberries a glass of 1 liter of water;
- sugar - 1 kg per 1 liter of water;
Step-by-step description of the recipe:
- Clean, rinse thoroughly and dry the cowberry.
- Fill a clean glass jar with cranberries for 2/3 of the volume.
- Prepare the syrup: dissolve the sugar in the water, bring it over medium heat to a boil. Stir constantly so that sugar does not burn.
- Pour boiling syrup into a container with berries. Pasteurize jars with blanks. The time of pasteurization depends on the volume of the can. 10 - 15 minutes for liter containers, 20 minutes - for 2 liter, for containers, 3 liters - half an hour.
Concentrated compote of cowberry is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women in the amount of more than 1 cup per day.
Compote of cranberries and cowberries is a well of various microelements and vitamins, which are very useful for the body, especially for the cardiovascular system, eyes and immunity.
It's easy to cook, and it turns out so rich and tasty that you can not tear yourself away. For preparation it will be required:
- cranberries and cranberries (frozen) - 350 g each;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 6 glasses.
You can add a teaspoon of lemon peel and juice 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Boil water with the addition of sugar, peel and lemon juice. Put on a weak fire and bring to a boil.
- Add the whole berry and boil for 5-7 minutes, cool.
- The compote is ready for consumption.
Having made billet preparations for the winter, you will have plenty of vitamins, which means that ailments and poor state of health in winter are not terrible for you. Bon Appetit!