Currently, for garden areas, small areas are allocated, where it is not possible to leave land for steam, but it is also problematic to observe a crop rotation. Every gardener or gardener understands that for the cultivation of organic fruits and vegetables for his family, certain skills are required. Despite this, it is easier to buy and apply fertilizers to the soil, many prefer to add to the land humus, which was made by own forces..
Table of contents
- What is humus
- From manure
- How to use humus as a fertilizer
- Preparation of additional fertilizer with your own hands
What is humus
- A variety of fertile land, which consists ofovergrown manure and plant remains, superfluous planted earlier cultural plants, hollow stems of annual flowers and sunflower, fallen leaves.
- thisprimingin whichmany useful nutrients, it is used for growing and fertilizing seedlings of cultivated plants and vegetables, increasing the growth of shrubs and trees, prolonging the flowering time of indoor flowers, is an organic fertilizer and provides value for making both fertilizer.
- by the form of humus it is a porous dark brown earth, without a sharp, putrefactive odor, loosened, the remains of plants in it should not be present.
Collection of fallen leaves in rainy autumn weather is a laborious process, but the result obtained after receiving humus from them justifies the invested forces.
Fallen leaves are preferably collected by fan rakes, then placed in specially prepared containers, this can bepolyethylene bagsfor soda waste, largeTrash bagsor a fence made of a metal mesh with a shallow cell in the form of a box with an open top.
Perimeter in the walls of polyethylene bags, it is necessary to provide holes and after compaction with leaveswater abundantly and tie(you can add urea), you need to store bags in a secluded place (or even in a cellar) where plants do not land.
After harvesting the leaves in autumn under the treespests do not start, and the diseases that prevent their growth and grow a good harvest do not develop.
In this humus, a little nutrients and trace elements, but when applied to the soil, it delays moisture at the roots (especially in dry weather), favorably affects the reproduction of earthworms, which loosen the soil and contribute to equipping it air.
In addition, sheet humus is used for sheltering vegetable crops, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, creating mulching of the soil, which prevents drying, acidifies the soil and is air-conditioned, can also be used as a ripper for indoor plants and previously prepared by humus for shelter in the winter of flowers and vineyard (protects from freezing).
Leaves of fruit trees are prepared as humusabout one year, and needle (coniferous) in the course of2-3 years(when preparing them, it is desirable to grind them). Friable humus is obtained from leaves for 1.5 to 3 years..
Humus from manure is a kind of fertile land obtainedfrom concentrated decomposed manure.
Humus from manure is formed from animal waste, plant remains and animal bedding, which decomposesfor a long time, should not have a sharp odor, loose, earthen color and is used as a good organic fertilizer..
How to use humus as a fertilizer
In the spring period, fertilizing from humus is introduced into the wells and groovesbefore planting seeds and seedlings, it is also possible to feed the soil of plant vegetables planted in autumn (garlic, carrots, onions). A large percentage of this fertilizer is brought to boxes or greenhouses where seedlings are sliced as a mulching agent and fertilizing the planted seedlings.
Under the trees, bushes and potato humus is better to makein autumn, and for vegetables on the contrary, it is required to makebefore digging, that is in the spring.
If the manure humus is not sufficiently rotted, large parts of the manure can be soaked in a container of water (:), let it brew in for a week and with a ready solution as a liquid fertilizer to water the bushes (watering gently, under the root of pouring is not recommended).
You can make dung in the fall, throw it under the snow, but after the snow melting there are a lot of weeds that need to be removed and weeded without letting out overgrowth.
For the preparation of organic fertilizer from manure, it is necessary to level the pile until it becomes friable and leavefor 5-7 daysfor "fermentation in the future a heap with manure is covered with a thick earthup to 10 cmand covered with a film (to maintain high nutritional value). In the spring, the earth is removed, and the film is left..
Preparation of additional fertilizer with your own hands
At a dacha or homestead plot you can prepare a "mixed" humus.
- In a secluded place is excavatedpitin the ground (size 1.5 m2, and depth about 0.5 m).
- Walls are laid with iron (can be used) or slate remnants.
- We lay the grassfrom weeding, you can remnants of food of vegetable origin, as well as add a bit of bird or other manure that is available.
- We pour out the soil and water itduring the addition of grass.
- At the end of the summer period, it is desirable to perform work on mixing the future humus laid in the pit.
To obtain a fertile compost within one yearit is not recommended to add large roots, especially from old strawberry bushes, as they are dense and they are better dried and burned, and then used ashes for fertilizing (especially when planting cabbage).
This type of fertilizer is important for fertilizing bushes, trees, all plants, as the land becomes more fertile, the soil structure increases, has a positive effect on the content of nutrients in cultivated foods, increases the amount of harvested crops without harmful and poisonous impurities..