- Re-planning help
- 14 tips for the arrangement of the kitchen, equipped in the corridor, and the kitchen, combined with the hallway
Kitchen-vestibule can be formed as a result of redevelopment or be such originally. The latter option is sometimes found in studios, private houses, apartments with open or free planning. Such a non-standard solution has its pros and cons:
- Pros:increase in living space in the apartment (with full transfer of the kitchen to the corridor) or useful area in the kitchen (with partial / complete demolition of the interior partition). Another plus is the convenience of loading and unloading products, garbage disposal.
- Minuses:with the complete transfer of the kitchen to the corridor, the room becomes narrow and narrow, so instead of the dining table most often use a bar counter, and a full table zone is equipped in another room, for example, living room. Other cons of the kitchen-hallway:
- The need to clean more often;
- Distribution of culinary smells in all adjacent rooms;
- In the kitchen, cooking and moving around the house become uncomfortable and even unsafe;
- Often in the kitchen-hallway there is not enough natural lighting;
- The very process of transferring engineering communications and demolishing walls is bureaucratic and technically complex and costly.
Anyway, the benefit of this redesign often faces all the difficulties. Moreover, with careful planning, the shortcomings of the combined space can be minimized. From this material you will learn how to equip the kitchen-hallway / kitchen, combined with the corridor, and in which cases permissible re-planning, as well as draw interesting design ideas from the collection of 40 photos interiors.
The transfer of the kitchen to the corridor in apartments with a standard layout, whether in a Khrushchev or a new building, is quite possible, but, unfortunately, not always and only under certain conditions:
- Harmonization of the project of redevelopment with the architect of the house and all local housing inspections. Otherwise, the owner of the apartment will be obliged to return everything in its original form and pay a fine.
- To approve the redevelopment project, it is necessary that in the apartment below the floor below the future kitchen-hallway there was no living room or gasified kitchen.
- In the apartment on the upper floor above the place where you want to equip the kitchen, there should be no bathroom or toilet.
- Kitchen-vestibule should have a window (at least in an adjacent room), so that enough daylight could penetrate it and it could be ventilated.
- Gasified kitchen can not be combined or moved to the corridor, because it must necessarily be isolated from other rooms by full partitions. Even arched and open doorways are unacceptable.
- You can only demolishnotbearing walls and structures.
- According to the rules of fire safety, the passageways in the kitchen-hallway, already furnished, should be at least 1 meter. But it is best to make the passage even wider - about 120 cm.
14 tips for the arrangement of the kitchen, equipped in the corridor, and the kitchen, combined with the hallway
Tip 1. Floor cupboards of increased depth will make moving through the kitchen safer safer
If possible, purchase kitchen furniture to order, so that the lower cabinets and countertop have not a standard depth (60 cm), but an enlarged (70-80 cm). Then you can install the sink and the stove closer to the inner wall..
- If you install a sink about 5-10 cm from the edge of the countertop, there will be less spray on the floor from the water.
- Plate should be installed even deeper - at a distance of 10-15 cm from the edge of the countertop. So you reduce the risk of accidentally getting burned on a hot burner or turning over a frying pan with food, in a hurry going to work.
Tip 2. Discard open shelves, cabinets and rails
In the kitchen, combined with the hallway, dust accumulates much faster than in an isolated room. Therefore, open shelves and rails should be preferred closed lockers. Moreover, they not only protect dishes and groceries from pollution, but also visually make the kitchen look neat.
- An ideal solution for the kitchen-hallway will be a mini-kitchen, which is closed with swing doors and in this form is indistinguishable from an ordinary closet. Examples of such furniture are shown in the photo below.
Tip 3. The width of the passages must be at least 120 cm
From the kitchen set to the opposite wall or furniture, the width of the passage must be at least 120 cm, and better - a meter. Otherwise, the premises will become not only uncomfortable, but also unsafe.
- You can save space by furniture in the hall area. Moreover, the wardrobe, shoe and chest of drawers with a depth of about 40 cm instead of the standard 60 cm are not only more compact, but also more convenient.
Tip 4. Use a powerful hood
To culinary smells and fat not permeate all the clothes stored in the hallway and adjacent rooms, it is necessary to install a really powerful hood.
- First, it must be dome or built right above the plate, and secondly, its productivity should be at least 900 m3 / h.
See also the material on the topic: Extraction to the kitchen - what you need to pay attention to when buying.
Tip 5. Try to observe the rule of the "working triangle"
If you place three working points (sink, stove and refrigerator) not far from each other and so that they form a triangle, the kitchen will get the most convenient. But after all, in a narrow and small kitchen, combined with a hallway, to observe this rule is quite difficult. So, for example, for too narrow corridors, the only possible option for kitchen arrangement is a linear layout, when all the working furniture is aligned along one wall. The drawback of this scheme is that the cook during cooking has to spend extra time and energy on moving back and forth along the kitchen.
More convenient types of layouts that are available for a narrow kitchen-hallway are:
- Double row- the sink and the stove are arranged next to each other, and the refrigerator is placed on the opposite side, for example, next to the wardrobe. When choosing this type of planning, remember that the width of the passage must be at least 120 cm.
- L-shaped- in this case, the kitchen is built along two adjacent walls.
If the corridor has a width of more than, m, then you can build the kitchen even in U-shape. For example, as shown in this design project:
Council 6. Decorate the interior in a light color scheme
This will, first, visually increase and expand a small space. Secondly, make the kitchen lighter. For dark kitchens located in the corridor, light that comes only from the window of the adjacent room, the light color of the walls and furniture is especially needed.
- The most effective way to increase space - paint the walls in white and pick up white furniture.
- If the kitchen set and walls match in tone, the interior will visually become lighter - bulky furniture will merge with the wall. On the following photos you can see an example of such a design in the kitchen in the corridor, combined with the living room.
Council 7. Zoning the room
To the interior looked orderly and cozy, the kitchen area should be visually or physically separated from the hall area. For this you can use the following tricks:
- Make different finishes for the floor and / or walls. For example, the floor in the working area can be faced with practical tiles, and the rest of the apartment is wood trimmed as shown in the photo below.
Example of zoning kitchen-hallway in the studio apartment
- To build a partition with an archway or glazing (see Fig. photo above).
- Use as furniture dividers, for example, a bar counter, a peninsula, a rack, a chest of drawers, a kitchen cabinet (see Fig. photo below).
- Create different lighting scenarios for different parts of the room. For example, in the hallway you can install hangers, spot lights, wardrobe lighting, in the work area - wall sconces or furniture fixtures, and it is better to allocate a dining group with more elegant outfits or chandelier.
- Kitchen or, conversely, the passage part of the room can be distinguished by carpet.
Tip 8: Lightly illuminate the kitchen-hallway to expand the room
The light from the central chandelier will narrow the narrow and small kitchen even more, so instead of it or in addition to it it is necessary to illuminate the space with spotlights (along the perimeter of the ceiling) or wall sconces.
Tip 9. Choose double practical materials for wall and floor finishing
The walk-through kitchen, the kitchen-hall and the kitchen, combined with the corridor, get dirty faster than any other room-insulated space. To facilitate cleaning, you will be helped by super-practical, moisture and wear-resistant finishing materials.
- The walls are best simply painted, and the apron to decorate with tiles, tempered glass or a metal panel (for more details on the material: What kind of apron for the kitchen is better?).
- The floor should be faced with ceramic tile or granite. Also keep in mind that on a light floor, dirt, crumbs, water spots and dust are noticeable much less than on a dark one.
Tip 10. Use large mirrors to visually increase the space
Mirror can be hung on the wall, to cover it with an apron or wardrobe doors.
Tip 11. Cabinet in the hallway is better to choose with sliding doors
To save space in the kitchen-hallway, cabinets with swinging doors, you should prefer a sliding-door wardrobe with sliding doors.
Tip 12. Line up the kitchen set to the ceiling
To ensure that all things fit in your small kitchen, combined with the corridor, select a set with three tiers. In the upper lockers you can store things that you do not use often.
Tip 13. Try not to overload the interior with dissimilar surfaces, an abundance of colors and prints
So, for example, it is necessary to abandon the variegated design of the apron, the facades of the kitchen and the wardrobe. If you decide to paste wallpaper, we recommend choosing a one-color coating or canvases with a small and inconspicuous pattern.
Design of kitchen combined with anteroom
- Household appliances should be built-in and best of all, hidden behind the facades.
As for the color scheme of the interior, it is better to make it out of 2-4 neutral shades. However, bright accents are quite acceptable, but they should be quite a bit.
Council 14. The dining group should be light, multifunctional and / or compact
If the place in the kitchen-hallway is not at all, then the dining area is best organized in the living room. If it still can be found at least 1 free square meters, then it is quite possible to organize a mini-dining room. The main thing is to choose compact furniture. Here are a few ideas and solutions:
- The dining table can replace the bar counter, which is convenient for breakfast, snacking and even working at the computer.
- Another mobile option - a folding table that is mounted to the wall and folded more like a shelf.
- If you often come to the guests, the best choice will be a folding table-transformer.
- Chairs are better to choose light and compact, for example, folding, which can be stacked or hung on a wall.
- Another good option - transparent chairs or stools "ghosts made of polycarbonate. They will not clutter up the space and make the interior very stylish.
Replicas of Louis Ghost chairs are sold in many online stores and cost around $ 80
- . Kitchen design and design without window.
- . How to equip the kitchen-living room - 7 steps from redevelopment to design.
- . Design for the kitchen with a dining room - variations of layouts and ideas of zoning.
- . Kitchen design with bay window.
- . Combining the kitchen with the balcony - the idea of design and the rules for redevelopment.
- . Design, zoning and arrangement of kitchen-studio.