From this article, you will find out whether you need to turn off the refrigerator during the holiday and how to prepare the equipment before leaving for a long period.
Remove products and disconnect from the network - it would seem, which is much easier? If you did just that - prepare to fight the odor. To calmly rest and not be afraid for the safety of the refrigerator, it is easier to leave it in the off state. Why:
- will not break down or flow;
- will not consume excess electricity;
- Do not flicker from voltage surges.
Content of the material:
- 1How to disable
- 2Safety regulations
3The "leave" mode in the refrigerator - what is it
- 3.0.1A brief description of the features of the "leave" mode in refrigerators
- 4Ice maker (IceMaker)
- 5If you leave the refrigerator on
How to disable
The main rule that must be observed before leaving - leave the refrigerator empty, dry and clean.
- The first thing to do is to de-energize the device to avoid ignition of the wiring, which can develop into a fire. This will save money and protect against voltage surges.
- Next, free the shelves and cameras from all products, otherwise an unpleasant smell can not be avoided. Even the smallest jar of forgotten yogurt can make trouble. New models are not designed for long-term storage of products (excluding freezing), therefore it is necessary to conduct an audit once a week.
- Prepare a basin with warm water and rinse all shelves, containers, grilles and other removable parts. If you are in a hurry, you can replace the sink with a dry cleaning: wipe all surfaces with a soft towel.
- When everything is done, be sure to open the door: this will not allow smells of foul foods to emerge. Never use foreign objects to fix the door - this may result in deformation of the seal. If possible, simply adjust the legs so that the device is tilted forward.
Masters of repair and maintenance advise to turn off the refrigerator to reduce the load. This will greatly extend the life of the device.
Leaving the equipment in the off state should be protected from moisture, direct sunlight and high temperatures. Observing all safety rules, you can leave your refrigerator for a long time with calm spirit and do not be afraid to see it broken upon return.
Advice! Learn how and how to clean, you can in the article"Than to wash the refrigerator".
The "leave" mode in the refrigerator - what is it
Many modern models are equipped with a "vacation" mode - it allows you to not turn off the equipment completely and set the temperature around + 15 ° C. With a long absence of home manufacturers recommend using this mode, after removing all products or leaving a minimum.
A brief description of the features of the "leave" mode in refrigerators
The Holiday mode allows maintaining a stable temperature of about 12 ° C. This feature will allow the owner not to worry about the fungus and unpleasant odor. Some LG refrigerators have an antibacterial seal for added protection.
In the new Samsung models, the intelligent mode takes the technique to the "leave" state, while only the freezer works.
With a single button, the technician goes into an economical mode, allowing up to 40% less power. Depending on the model, the temperature is set from + 10 ° C to + 15 ° C.
Do not be discouraged if your refrigerator does not provide such a function, it appeared recently and does not meet with all manufacturers. You can independently adjust the temperature and save energy consumed.
Ice maker (IceMaker)
If your refrigerator has a built-in ice maker, do not forget to transfer it to the cleaning position. In this mode, the remaining water flows down, not allowing mold and fungus to develop. After the ice generator is switched to the cleaning mode, it is necessary to disconnect the equipment from the mains and shut off the water supply tap (when connected to the water supply).
If you leave the refrigerator on
Perhaps nothing terrible will happen, you will return and continue to use it, as before. But do not forget that there are threats that can seriously affect the stability of the work.
Observe a few simple rules before leaving:
- Be sure to check the products for freshness: frozen vegetables are up to your return, but the left milk can play a cruel joke.
- Always take out meat products. If electricity turns off or something happens to the refrigerator, you will find inside an unbearable smell, which is very difficult to get rid of.
- Do not leave the equipment near batteries or water pipes, the effect of heat and moisture will irreparably affect the operation of the refrigerator.
Now you know how to prepare any model for a long trip. If you are still afraid of throwing equipment, ask for help from relatives or neighbors who will help you look after the apartment in your absence.