- 1 Do I need to wash soft toys
2 Habitual methods for small and medium products
- 2.1 Method 1. How to wash in a typewriter
- 2.2 Method 2 Hand wash "zoo"
3 We clean that it is not recommended to erase
- 3.1 Method 3. Cleansing sensory and musical toys
- 3.2 Dry reliable method
- 4 Off, dust mites!
- 5 Conclusion
Proper care of a soft toy is a guarantee of its long safe service and a pleasant pastime for your child. Therefore, caring parents and the question arises how to wash toys. In this article I will talk about various effective ways of washing, because this procedure is subject to dimensional fur products and musical objects.
Do I need to wash soft toys
Children love soft toy toys, teddy bears and other cartoon characters. They mess with them on the floor outside. And for the night is laid next to his almost sterile bed. Therefore, the task of parents is to effectively deal with settled dust and dirt on such plush animals.
Only a physico-chemical cleaning process (washing) will make the contaminated product clean and safe for further play. Each new purchase is accompanied by a label, a tag. It indicates whether machine washable or hand wash is possible.
Habitual methods for small and medium products
Even the usual methods of washing (in the car or by hand) have their own nuances. Without taking them into account, you can spoil the beloved "animal". Then you have to secretly throw it away and grieve the baby (Bear went to the forest to the children), while feeling guilty. To prevent this from happening - read on.
Method 1. How to wash in a typewriter
Now we quickly clean any fabric product in the washing machine. And after the mechanical spin, you can dry the toy until the evening of the same day, and the child will quietly fall asleep, hugging an already clean fur friend.
First, we will see by the labels which representatives of our “zoo” will not harm water procedures in the car. When deciding how to wash soft toys in a typewriter machine, be sure to take care of the safety of expensive equipment.
Sew stitches and torn seams - so the machine will not become clogged with filler.
We will assemble our "menagerie" in a special mesh for washing delicate items. Then the detached carrot or eye will remain in the grid, and not in the filter of washing equipment.
For washing we use safe powder without zeolites and phosphates. It is difficult to rinse such products.
Modes of the machine allow us to withstand the temperature and speed of rotation allowed for this thing. However, a delicate wash is always advisable here. After all, from hot water and active spinning of a fabric or fur toy in a drum, this product will shed, fray, lose eyes and other small elements.
When washing soft toys let water be up to +30 degrees (although dust mites will disappear only at +65 degrees). It is exactly 2 extra rinses that guarantee the desired purity. A centrifuge will remove water from toy animals as much as possible.
After washing, place the massive toys on a towel on the table, and hang small ones like linen.
After pressing any "animal" requires processing fur with a brush. Only then he will again, as from the store.
If the color and many of the sewn parts cause fear for the appearance of the toy after its stay in the “automaton”, then wash it with your own hands.
Method 2 Hand wash "zoo"
For most faux fur toys, machine washable is prohibited. Therefore, we will learn to do it manually and in ordinary home conditions:
- Just add a powder to the basin with warm water (better than gel, this is already a solution), but only a children's line.
- Then we immerse the fur beast in the pelvis and wait 10 minutes.
- Very polluted areas habitually brush with a brush, as usual we clean jeans.
- Grease stains should be rubbed with a degreasing compound before immersion. For example, a tool for children's dishes. Its price is 200 rubles, and the components are safe.
- Next - rinse to clean water (3-5 times).
After the “bathing” we place a large soft toy horizontally on the table so that it does not lose its shape. And dry off the battery or on the street. But clothespins and ropes will only worsen the shape of the toy.
We clean that it is not recommended to erase
Of course, a life-sized giant bear is harder to clean. Some toy products are so large that they do not fit in a typewriter. However, such large toys should be cleaned every 2-3 months.
The best way is dry cleaning. But its workers should not use powders, because they are poorly rinsed out.
However, at home, large-sized toys clean the baking soda, rubbing it with a stiff brush. More effective professional product used when cleaning upholstered furniture. For example, a special foam. However, its chemical ingredients must be safe for babies.
When cleaning toys, you can use lemon juice diluted with water. He removes old yellowish stains.
And soft toys with organic filler (for example, with sawdust) can not be washed even by hand. So, next we consider how to clean a soft toy: which can not be washed, or simply impossible.
Method 3. Cleansing sensory and musical toys
Some fabric animals to improve fine motor skills of the hands are filled with loose cereals, balls, beans or peas. When washing such soft toys, the contents can get enough sleep, spoil.
So, we apply to them a dry delicate cleaning. By the way, it is acceptable for sound, musical products.
- Pre-vacuum the toy.
- The quartz lamp will easily relieve tissue pets from harmful microorganisms that have accumulated on the surface.
- We moisten rags with special antimicrobial agent for toys diluted in water and process them.
And now - about the features of wet cleaning of soft musical toys. On the label we will see a negative answer to the question whether it is possible to erase them. Indeed, after the "bath day" pet can be silent. But this problem is easily solved.
The only sure way is not to wet the musical mechanism.
- Feel for this item. Usually it is prudently placed in a special secret pocket. So, just get it, and wash the toy.
- If there is no such pocket, and the mechanism is sewn into a toy, then the closest seam from the bottom or behind the nail scissors will be sewn.
- Gently reach the singing device and sew up the hole. Then when washing the filler will not pour out.
- We wash the fabric or fur surface in a typewriter at 30 degrees and in delicate mode.
- When the thing is completely dried, again in the same place, we put in a sound mechanism (at the same time we replace the batteries) and sew up with small stitches, necessarily tightening the edges of the fabric. Then the seam is not noticeable. Especially if the thread to match the product.
After this treatment, the organic filler and the musical sound device inside will not deteriorate. But how to clean soft toys without washing?
- If inside a more complicated mechanism and the wiring from it is stretched into the head, legs, then just get the batteries.
- Then we will dissolve the baby powder (shampoo) in the pelvis and, dipping the brush in this foam, clean the pile of the toy animal. Let the surface get wet, but the moisture does not penetrate to the musical mechanism.
- Replace the water and brush the remaining foam with a clean brush.
- Dry this fleecy product.
- In the cellophane package for a day, we will keep it in the freezer. Such freezing will eliminate microbes that have resisted the delicate baby powder.
Dry reliable method
Dry Cleaning Instructions:
- We place the polluted toy animal in a fairly large plastic bag.
- Now in the package poured a glass of baking soda.
- We tie him with a rope and shake for 10 minutes.
- Next, brushing clothes remove excess soda.
- The vacuum cleaner will cope well with sodium bicarbonate on shaggy pets - and dry cleaning is complete.
Off, dust mites!
I suggest cardinal ways to kill ticks - it is their toxic secretions that provoke an allergy similar to asthma.
Regularly, at least 4 times a year, soft toys should be cleaned or washed. Otherwise they will become dangerous. After all, dirt accumulates on the surface, in it there are colonies of microorganisms, inside there are dust mites.
And they need to competently fight:
- Normal disinfection of toys in water is +65 degrees safe.
- Fleece toy products that are not subject to washing and cleaning, it is better to treat the steamer.
- Recall also about the freezer. After all, its low temperatures also relieve toy pets from ticks and germs.
- In the cold you can put this plush zoo on the balcony at night.
In the sun, ultraviolet light will eliminate pathogenic pests only on the surface of toys. However, their colonies inside the product require radical measures and serious temperatures, both positive (from 70) and negative (from 10).
Now you know all the effective ways of washing for any soft toys. The video in this article also clearly demonstrates the process of cleaning fur animals. And if you have any questions, or want to share your unique method - write in the comments!
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we send the most interesting material that you have not yet seen
We already read 32 500 people. Join us!