Repair of the toilet in Khrushchev can be organized according to the budget estimate, with a minimum of costs. And this does not mean that the work will be performed poorly. On the contrary, even with a small investment, the room will turn out to be quite beautiful and stylish. Design tips and step-by-step repair instructions can be found in the material presented.
The content of the article
- Ideas for renovation
- How to choose a design: a selection of photos
- Step-by-step instruction
Ideas for renovation
Repairing a bathroom in Khrushchev with your own hands is quite realistic even with a limited estimate. To do this, you need to draw up a project, i.e. decide on the concept and design. It is best to choose a minimalist style - then you will be able to save a lot on materials, but not on their quality.
You also need to choose an option for organizing space:
- With remodeling.
- Without one.
In the first case, the bath is combined with a toilet. This is not quite a budget repair of a toilet in Khrushchev, because it requires the dismantling of old structures and the finishing of new ones. In addition, you will need to draw up a project and obtain permission from the local administration.
The second option is more affordable, because it is not required to break old structures. To do this, it is enough to prepare the premises for major repairs, replace communications (if necessary), dismantle the old and lay a new coating.
How to choose a design: a selection of photos
Repair work is carried out in several stages. Determined in advance with the project, materials and design. You can choose from several types of designs:
- In a monochromatic style.
- Original author's project.
- Classic variant.
Do-it-yourself budget repair of a toilet in Khrushchev starts from the ceiling and ends with the floor. The main sequence of actions is as follows:
- The old coating is dismantled, cleaned and leveled, treated with a primer, then plastered.
- Make a false ceiling. Instead, you can glue the tiles on a previously prepared surface.
- If the walls are sufficiently even, they are treated with waterproof acrylic paint. It is better to choose 2 colors that go well together, such as purple and pink, yellow and blue.
- Can also be tiled. Even the cheapest tiles look much more advantageous than tiles. In addition, it is easy to care for, is not afraid of moisture and any kind of chemistry. Alternative finishing options are moisture-resistant plaster, wallpaper (non-woven, liquid, glass), imitation of brickwork, plastic panel, for example, under a tree.
- When the walls are ready, you can proceed to laying the flooring. The old is removed to the subfloor, after which the screed is poured, a coating sealant is used. As a topcoat, budget linoleum or laminate is used.
- At the final stage, a niche is made behind the toilet in Khrushchev. Its internal surfaces can be finished with the most inexpensive panels that match the general background. And outside to replace the sash. It is better not to leave open shelves - it is preferable to make sliding or hinged doors.
At the last stage, it remains only to pay attention to the decor - pleasant little things that are both useful and emphasize the overall style. It can be different accessories:
- soft mat for feet;
- mirror frame;
- beautiful curtain (if there is a window);
- wall-mounted wicker basket - suitable for toilet paper stocks;
- soft toilet seat.
Thus, even the most ordinary toilet in Khrushchev can be turned into a very attractive, stylish room that is pleasant to enter. If you choose budget materials, you can save a lot on repairs. But on what exactly the estimate should not be cut, it is on communications, the toilet itself and fittings. The better the equipment, the longer it will last without any complaints.