- Tip 1. Combine gzhel with classic, "rustic" or Scandinavian style
- Tip 2. Dilute the blue and white range
- Tip 3. Combine gzhel with motifs of Delft or Chinese blue-white porcelain
- Tip 4. Remember the feeling of the measure
- Tip 5. A large Gzhel ornament is appropriate on the walls of a large kitchen, but not small
- Council 6. Blue blends perfectly with natural wood and gilding
- Council 7. Combine the motives of Gzhel with other prints on textiles
If you have a collection of Gzhel porcelain, do you like this kind of folk craft or do you just want original design of the interior, then... why not use gzhel as a starting point in creating a design kitchen? After all, its fresh white-blue scale and beautiful floral or plot painting have a huge decorative potential. On the other hand, to put Gzhel in the interior is not so simple because of its brightness, the "coldness" of the color and the activity of the pattern. Let's find out how to avoid mistakes, and what principles need to be guided by decorating the kitchen in the style of Gzhel.
Tip 1. Combine gzhel with classic, "rustic" or Scandinavian style
The motives of Gzhel can look great both in modern kitchens and in classical ones. Harmonious is the white and blue flowers, birds and landscapes will look in the following interior styles:
- Country or rustic;
- In the style of Russian dachas;
- In the Scandinavian interior.
Examples of classical and rustic cuisine in the style of Gzhel
- Gzhel in the interior of the kitchen in Scandinavian style
- Gzhel in the interior of the kitchen in Scandinavian style
Tip 2. Dilute the blue and white range
Blue-and-white cuisine in the style of gzhel can look fresh and effective, if most of the time is well illuminated by the sun. But even in this case, blue color should not be used in large doses, otherwise the interior will become too gloomy and cold. And if the room is dark and looks out to the north, then blue color is completely admissible only as an accent.
However, blue and blue tones can and should be balanced with a large amount of white, as well as some warm or neutral shades. According to the principles of the colorist, the following colors will perfectly match the cobalt color:
- Brown and all wood shades;
- Yellow (especially lemon and cream shades);
- Black (in a small amount);
- Gold and bronze.
If you do not feel confident about the color design of the interior, then apply a win-win scheme: white walls + floor neutral color + a suite with white facades + white furniture + white-blue curtains or one blue / white-blue wall + accessories in style gzhel..
Below is an example of an interior with a more complex color scheme. Here the designer Eva Bergman supplemented the kitchen in Gzhel style with green accents.
Tip 3. Combine gzhel with motifs of Delft or Chinese blue-white porcelain
The nearest relatives of Gzhel are white and blue Chinese and Delft porcelain. If desired, these motives can be combined. So, for example, the upholstery of a sofa with Dutch landscapes (in the style of painting of Delft porcelain as in the photo below) will harmoniously coexist with Gzhel cookware on the table.
Tip 4. Remember the feeling of the measure
The picture is bright and self-sufficient, and therefore it is very easy to overload the interior. But, using it as an accent, you will achieve an amazing result. Here are a few tips to help you avoid mistakes.
- Approximately 80% of the surfaces in the kitchen should be monophonic or have an unobtrusive texture. That is, if you want to trim the apron with tiles in the style of Gzhel, then the kitchen set should be just white or blue.
- Before you begin to repair and design the future kitchen, it is worth designing its design to the last detail in advance. So you will avoid mistakes and will be able to come up with interesting combinations of textures, prints and colors.
- Do not simultaneously decorate the kitchen with white and blue tiles in an apron, curtains, kitchen textiles, dishes, chandelier, souvenirs and furniture. It will be enough to have dishes on the table, a collection of accessories on the decorative shelf and, say, tiles or a glass panel in an apron in the Gzhel painting style (pictured).
Tip 5. A large Gzhel ornament is appropriate on the walls of a large kitchen, but not small
If your kitchen is small or narrow, then the measure needs to be known not only in quantity, but also in the amount of the figure. The decoration of the walls with large floral patterns is not desirable here. However, if you want, you can select only one wall for the wallpaper in the gzhel style, and the rest should be painted white or blue.
Motif gzheli on the wall of the kitchen-living room
Council 6. Blue blends perfectly with natural wood and gilding
A tree is a warm natural material that perfectly complements the coldness of blue. If you want to create an atmosphere of coziness in the kitchen, then it is the wooden floor, the table top and / or furniture that will help you achieve this.
Another way to decorate the interior of the blue and white kitchen in the style of Gzhel is to add to it the gold-plated or bronze details. For example, it can be a kitchen knob, a mixer, a chandelier, candlesticks, vases, dishes and furniture elements as on the photo below.
Council 7. Combine the motives of Gzhel with other prints on textiles
To Gzhel in the interior of the kitchen did not look boring and obtrusive, add to the situation a few simple and classic prints: peas, cage, diamond or strip. They will look best on curtains, upholstery, pillows, tablecloths and other kitchen textiles. So the situation will be more laid-back.
- In this case, remember that in a kitchen with monophonic walls it is permissible to combine two or three different prints, and if the walls or its large fragment are decorated then you can use textiles of only one or two colors with one or at most two types of ornaments (peas, a cage or a strip).
- . Russian cuisine in a city apartment.
- . Kitchen design in classical style: 10 basic principles.
- . Kitchen in the Mediterranean style: 8 design tips.
- . Guide to the style of the cafe in the interior of the kitchen.
- . We create a kitchen in the style of Provence from scratch.
- . Country in the city - we create a kitchen in a rustic style from scratch.