- Basic features of the English style
- Kitchen anglomana from scratch
Everyone imagines an "English style" and in particular a kitchen in the English style in its own way.
- For some, the English interior is an old-fashioned setting in a Victorian cottage, for others - a cozy country, for the third - a shebbie-chic 80-90th, and for someone - a modern design in the spirit of "Cool Britannia. "
And all because strictly speaking, it can only be called a style. Rather, it is simply a mixture of features of Gothic, Neo-Gothic, Baroque, Chinese, colonial motifs, as well as symbolic symbols of British culture and history.
However, any stylistic framework is always a convention. Therefore, in order to create an English mood in your kitchen, you just need to trust the personal understanding of anglomania, our tips and inspirational photos.
Basic features of the English style
So, in the interior of the kitchen in the English style you need to beat the following characteristics:
- Key characteristics of the style:comfort, adherence to traditions, conservatism, comfort, intimacy (even tightness), habitation (almost "clutter");
- Color spectrum:warm muted and deep shades - brown (woody), beige, terracotta, mustard, red, burgundy ("Victorian red"), green, etc.
- Materials:only natural, good, can be artificially aged;
- Prints:cell, strip, heraldry, plant patterns and roses can decorate curtains, wallpaper, furniture upholstery, napkins, etc.
- Decor:characteristic abundance of textiles (combined curtains, furniture with upholstery, tablecloths, etc.). Decor items should be present in large numbers and it is believable to appear antique or hand-made. For the modern interior fit accessories in the spirit of the 60's: bulldogs, red phone booths, Union Jack, Posters The Beatles, etc.
- Sources of inspiration:books by Agatha Christie, films about Sherlock Holmes, piglet Beibe.
Kitchen anglomana from scratch
Wood flooring, for example, a parquet board or floors reliably imitating a tree, for example a qualitative laminate with chamfers and a structure will approach for furnish of a floor.
More practical option - ceramic tile / ceramic granite natural colors ("under the stone") or in the checker as on the right upper photo, for example. Pay special attention to skirting boards - they should be high.
For facing the walls matt colors are suitable as in the photo below, but better wallpaper (seeming paper or textile).
If the area allows, then the lower part of the wall can be decorated with wooden wall panels - a buiseri or a lining.
The kitchen apron is trimmed with a square tile or "boar" format (next photo), this tile in England is called "Metro as it is lined with the London subway.
- Classic wallpaper in the English style is always in a cage, a vertical strip or in a flower, namely in a rose.
- To decorate the walls of a small kitchen, choose a wallpaper of light warm shades with a small and / or unobtrusive print.
- A great kitchen in the English style should be made chamber and cozy with the help of saturated walls - dark green or burgundy as in the photo below.
- If the kitchen has low ceilings, then the striped wallpaper will visually lift them.
The ceilings should be matt, if desired, they can be decorated with decorative, but well-finished beams or stucco moldings.
The kitchen set must necessarily be wooden ("under the tree") and paneled, but the additional decor - carving, pilasters and balustrades can only be afforded if the yardage of the kitchen allows, otherwise they will be overloaded interior.
If the Charleston sofa and chairs with ears are typical for an English living room, then for English cuisine - wooden chairs, especially with textile or leather upholstery, benches and ottomans will be appropriate.
The tables are especially typical round or oval.
Household appliances and plumbing
Home appliances are preferred built-in, hidden behind the facade headset. The visible technique in the retro style will harmoniously fit into the interior of the kitchen in the classic English style, but in its modern variation, the more appropriate technique is the Smeg type.
Plumbing is also better to choose a stylized. Sink canon - ceramic as in the photo above, mixer - bronze or brass double-ventilated type.
In order not to spoil the carefully designed kitchen design, you need to properly illuminate it. In a cozy English kitchen, let's not allow cold bright artificial light. Much more harmonious will be a warm or white ceiling, but better local lighting in the form of floor lamps and sconces.
The lamps themselves can resemble lanterns, barn lamps and, of course, candelabra. Relevant chandeliers in the Tiffany style, with floral decoration, forged, glass, wooden details.
Curtains and table textiles
Curtains - this is an important attribute in the English interior of the kitchen. They can be heavy and multi-layered, for example, consist of Roman curtains, curtains and lambrequins.
In the kitchen in the style of English country is better to hang curtains-cafe.
Of course, prudish snobs of Old England accept only natural fabrics. But since this is a modern kitchen, it is better to get more practical curtains from good blended materials.
- Window decoration and table textiles in the British-style kitchen (tablecloths, runners, napkins, potholders) should correspond with the decoration of walls, furniture or the rest of the decor by color or pattern.
- Really English curtains - in a rose.
The English inherited from the Victorian era passed the love to fill the space to the maximum. The decor reflects stereotypical images of the culture of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland: love of horses and dogs, a passion for gardening, a five-hour tea drinking, reverence for the monarch family,
So, for example, plates on the walls are sure to have roses, on the shelves - a lot of books on cooking, jars with loose products, in the window - porcelain and tea sets, the walls are also decorated with classic engravings, herbaria, paintings, hours.
Stress your anglomaniac accessories with reference to the tourist brands of Britain and London, in particular: red a phone booth, Big Ben, a double-decker bus, as well as Union Jack and English memes like "Keep Calm and carry on" as shown on photo below.
By the way, English kitchen design is very harmoniously combined with Russian motifs and decor items, for example, with a stove with tiles, a samovar, a lampshade, a Gzhel or a Pavlovsky-Posad painting.
If you want to create a kitchen design in the style of "Swinging London then the decor should be completely different. Interior decorate posters with images of cult British musicians like The Rolling Stones and Freddie Mercury, the British flag, bulldog figures and other signs of the subculture of mods and rock waves 60's.
- . Kitchen in the American style: 20 key elements of design.
- . Guide to the style of the cafe in the interior of the kitchen.
- . We create an interior of the kitchen in the style of Shebbi chic from repair to decoration.
- . We create a kitchen in the style of Provence from scratch.
- . Kitchen in the Mediterranean style: 8 design tips.
- . Country in the city - we create a kitchen in a rustic style from scratch.