It's easy to figure out how to clean a Panasonic air conditioner. No special equipment is required for this - you only need screwdrivers, detergent, a cloth and a container of warm water. In this case, you need to work carefully so as not to damage the wires and the control module. The main stages of cleaning are described in detail in this article.
The content of the article
- Signs indicating the need for cleaning
- Step-by-step instruction
Signs indicating the need for cleaning
The operation of the air conditioner depends on the cleanliness, temperature and humidity of the air, as well as other factors such as the location of the units. In order to prevent cleaning, it is recommended to carry out cleaning 2 times a year - at the beginning and at the end of the heat season.
But users often ignore these rules. In this case, it is recommended to prepare equipment for cleaning air conditioners and start working when several signs appear:
- a feeling of an unpleasant odor when the device is turned on (especially at maximum power);
- uneven nature of cooling;
- the appearance of extraneous sounds (noises, gurgling, perceptible vibrations);
- increase in electricity consumption;
- the formation of water flowing down the walls, the appearance of drops on the floor.
Cleaning can be carried out by a master using professional equipment for cleaning air conditioners. On the other hand, it is quite possible to cope with such a simple task on your own. To do this, take a set of screwdrivers, a clean rag, a mask and get to work. The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Turn off the indoor unit. Lift the lid up and on the reverse side find a box that is fixed with self-tapping screws. Unscrew each of them and remove the box.
- The wire going from the indicator to the control module is not disconnected, but simply fixed with adhesive tape on the surface.
- The next step is to clean the air conditioning system. First, the filters intended for coarse cleaning are removed for this.
- Remove blinds running horizontally and transversely.
- Dismantle the panel with the electronic module and carefully remove it, remove the topcase.
- Completely remove the block by removing it from the socket. Filters intended for fine cleaning are also dismantled.
- All filters should be placed in a concentrated soapy solution, then rinsed, rinsed and dried thoroughly.
- Next, the indoor unit is cleaned, that is, all parts that remain attached to the wall surface. Penetrate into hard-to-reach places with a nozzle from a furniture vacuum cleaner or a rubber tip.
- Wash all removed parts using a spray of a special composition (sold at a hardware store) or a concentrated soap solution.
- We clean the air conditioner evaporator, rinse all parts in warm water and leave to dry.
- While they are drying, they wash the entire part of the indoor unit that remains on the wall. Pre-cover the walls and ceiling with a film. Below is a tight bag into which the liquid will drain.
- Next, they collect all the elements in the reverse order to get a split system, as in the photo after washing.
It is quite possible to clean the indoor unit with your own hands. However, to work with an external device on the wall of the house, you will have to invite the wizard. Often it is located at a high altitude and requires a professional approach.