The camera support allows you to comfortably hold even a large device and take high-quality shooting, including while driving. To select a suitable device, it is necessary to take into account its weight, material of manufacture, maximum load and other indicators described in this material.
The content of the article
- Main selection criteria
- Overview of the best models
Main selection criteria
When choosing shoulder rests for video cameras, several criteria should be considered at once:
- Weight - the device itself is not heavy, usually the weight is only 1.5 kg. This is easy to verify if you hold it in your hands and put it on your shoulder to feel how it will actually hold.
- Withstanding load is a very important criterion, since the shoulder is selected for a specific chamber. Some devices can withstand no more than 5 kg, others 7-8 kg and even more. You need to know in advance which equipment will be used.
- The presence of a belt - this parameter is not immediately paid attention to, but at the same time it is of great importance. If there is a belt, it is more convenient to put an emphasis on the shoulder.
- The compactness of the device is determined both by its dimensions and by the sensations during the “fitting”.
- The material from which the fixtures are made can be aluminum and special ABS plastic. Both are distinguished by sufficient strength and low density, therefore the weight of the entire device is small (within 1.5-1.7 kg).
- Mounts available to help fit additional accessories.
Overview of the best models
Before buying, it is recommended to compare several products from different manufacturers. You can evaluate them not only according to the criteria described above, but also according to user reviews. If we consider several devices with the best value for money, we get this overview:
- QZSD Q440A - a device attached to strong belts. Stabilizes cameras weighing up to 8 kg, while having a dead weight of just over 1.5 kg. The material is aluminum and ABS plastic. Provides a fairly smooth movement of the camera, so that the video is consistently high quality.
- Falcon Eyes SH-P PRO – convenient compact device in the form of a shoulder tripod. Made of plastic, so it is lightweight, does not put pressure on the shoulder. At the same time, it allows you to withstand cameras weighing up to 5 kg (but only up to 1.5 kg in motion). The angle of rotation of the node is up to 180 degrees. Movement along the bearing platform is provided.
- Fujimi FJSP-1V – compact and durable stop, can withstand loads up to 6 kg. It folds down easily and doesn't take up much space, so it's easy to carry around.
- Falcon Eyes SVS-021 - a device that performs several functions at once. It can be used as a stop, shoulder tripod, as well as a "cage" for shooting from below. Differs in the big durability, it can be used for the professional equipment weighing up to 15 kg. At the same time, its own weight is only 1.1 kg. Made from steel and aluminium.
- Sunrise HSR-601 Rugged, portable design that folds quickly and can carry a total load of up to 3.5kg. Universal option for amateurs and professionals, suitable for most models of camcorders and cameras. The base plate can be adjusted in height, making it easy to shoot at the eye line.
Now it’s clear what the name of the stand for the camcorder is called, and what you need to consider when choosing it. Devices differ in different purposes, since some can withstand only a small load of up to 3 kg, while others can withstand up to 8 kg or even more. In the description, it is recommended to pay attention to the main functions, as well as the material of manufacture. This will allow you to choose a reliable and convenient device at a reasonable price.