Providing a pensioner with a connection is not as easy as one would like - not everyone at the age of 60-70 can look for friends in Odnoklassniki or start a channel on YouTube. Most resist new technologies and a more successful and simple alternative comes to the rescue - push-button phones from 2021, both with and without 4g. It is much easier to learn how to use such a device than a smartphone. The main thing is to show how to make and receive calls. More is not needed!
In our article, we will analyze with examples which phone is considered the best push-button phone for the elderly in 2021, what characteristics it should have and what should be inside the phone.
The content of the article
New push-button phones in 2021 - what are the characteristics
- Set of numbers and text
- Slots for multiple SIM cards and microSD
- Criteria that are not important when choosing a new push-button mobile phone for the elderly in 2021
- A few criteria for the best feature phone for the elderly today
- Ranking of feature phones 2021 for the elderly
New push-button phones in 2021 - what are the characteristics
Despite the fact that even 3-year-old children already use sensory devices, “grandmotherphones” have remained in the top among pensioners. Let's take a look at the main points that WE need to look at so that your grandparents are comfortable using the best secure feature phone of 2021.
Most devices have had a color matrix for a long time, only the oldest ones have monochrome. Supported screen resolution QVGA (240×320 pixels), and the color palette depends on the device - about 10 thousand colors. Pay attention to the size of the screen itself - it will be no more than 1.5 inches in cheap versions. This is not enough for a person with vision problems to see even the phone book. Our recommendation is to take the best feature phones 2021 with 4g from 2 to 2.2 inches in diagonal.
The main point that we do not lose sight of is the viewing angle. Before buying, hold the button device in your hands and twist it in different angles. You should get a decent picture, not different tints when you rotate it, or distorted app icons or phone book names. And think about what it would be like for an elderly person to look at something in such a “creation”?
For the 2021 feature phone rating, we selected devices in the 900-150 mAh range - this is enough for several days of continuous use. Some (for example, phones from LG) have more than one and a half thousand mAh inside.
For us, this feature of a push-button device is more important than ever. Why? There are several reasons for this: first, the fewer charge cycles, the longer the best push-button mobile phone of 2021 will last; the second is that it is so difficult for a pensioner to use it, where else to bring it to the outlet so often?; third - you should think of the purchase as an investment for several years, and not akin to a "trinket" for a year and a half. You will not worry that the connection with your relatives has disappeared and they will not be stressed by a breakdown.
Set of numbers and text
What is the best feature phone to buy in 2021? There are 2 keyboard options: a standard 12-button keyboard and a QWERTY system. The latter option is more suitable for semi-smartphones. Buy one or not - your decision. If a person can use a push-button smartphone in 2021 on Android, then why not present an original gift ?!
Traditionally, children consider ordinary 12-button keyboards for their elderly parents - it's simple and familiar to everyone.
Slots for multiple SIM cards and microSD
If your family uses more than one cellular operator, then you should think about connecting a relative to two SIM cards at once. This will reduce the cost of calls. For one operator, it is also worth buying something from the rating of push-button phones for 2 SIM cards in 2021 - what if the situation changes.
As for the memory card, the question, of course, is controversial. If your grandparents know how to turn on the player, then why not insert additional memory and download your family's favorite songs? It will only get better, trust me.
Criteria that are not important when choosing a new push-button mobile phone for the elderly in 2021
Such devices have moments that the old man does not need at all.
- CPU. In touch gadgets, it is the basis for the operation of the entire system, but for push-button gadgets, it will not affect the work in any way. Basic programs are enough to use the device from the rating of push-button phones in 2021 to the old man.
- Camera. Push-button phones are not designed for taking pictures at all: either there is no module, or it gives a very poor result.
- The amount of built-in memory. The memory card slot is more than enough. And if we are not going to load anything, the whole phone book will fit and so on.
- Bluetooth connection settings. If your grandma is not an active "transmitter" of data between phones, then why does she need something that she has never even heard of?
A few criteria for the best feature phone for the elderly today
For a pensioner, such features of the phone are important, without which he simply cannot use it, or such a gadget will cause a lot of inconvenience:
- Most of the elderly suffer from vision problems. Therefore, we need large mechanical buttons with clear numbers.
- It is very useful if you can set up a “one key” call on the device. For example, home to relatives or call an ambulance.
- Be sure to have a constant call signal.
- Simple menu and minimal functionality. We need a specific "dialer".
It is surprising that manufacturers have not abandoned the niche and there are even expected novelties of push-button phones in 2021. Easy to use, and most importantly, inexpensive devices can easily satisfy the need of an old man to talk, and children to watch their relatives.
Ranking of feature phones 2021 for the elderly
Here we have collected those devices that are most suitable for the criteria described above. Yes, the phone may not have many features and capabilities. The main thing, as we found out, is not this. Here are the top ten gadgets worth your attention:
- Philips Xenium E207
- INOI 247B
- Panasonic KX-TU110RU
- Panasonic KX-TU456RU
- Alcatel 3025X
- Nokia 2720 Flip Dual sim
- TeXet ТМ-D430
- Itel it5631
- BQ 3587 Disco Boom
- Nokia 8110 4G
If you have already chosen a device from our article or any other, we will be grateful if you tell our readers about the pros and cons of the purchase. We look forward to reviews in the comments!