Purchasing a washing machine, buyers are immediately interested in the possibility of installing it and are ready to pay for this service to the master. But they do not even think that it's possible to connect the automatic machine to the water pipe correctly by yourself, and it will not take much time and effort.
- Installing the washing machine: preparing for the process
- What do we need to connect the washing machine?
- How to install a washing machine?
- Draining water from a washing machine
- Automatic washing machine connection to the water supply system
- Connection to hot water: how effective is it?
- How to connect the washing machine to the power supply correctly?
- Installation of washing machine automatic level
- Installing the washing machine under the sink and countertop
Installing the washing machine: preparing for the process
Before buying a washing machine you need to think over the options for its location. It can be installing a washing machine in the bathroom or in the kitchen, and here there are varieties of its installation. In the kitchen, the washing machine can be installed under the countertop, and it fits perfectly as an interior item. In the bathroom - under the sink, but you need to know all the nuances.
After the delivery and unpacking of the washing machine, it is very important to remove the four transport bolts, which hold the drum, otherwise it will lead to its breakdown, more details can be found in the instructions..
We unscrew the transport bolts before installation. They can be 3 or 4.
The machine is best installed on a concrete floor, on a flat surface. For more slippery surfaces, it is recommended to place a rubber mat under the device.
From this video you will learn how to connect the washing machine yourself to the sewerage and running water.
What do we need to connect the washing machine?
To connect the washing machine with your own hands to the sewage and water supply we will need a swing and gas key. Also it is necessary to stock up on auxiliary parts:
- Ball valve - 1 piece
- threaded adapter - 4pcs
- cast iron tee - 1 piece
- Tape, for sealing threaded connections
- Sewage pipe 32 mm in diameter - if necessary
- Sewage outlet Ø110x90
How to install a washing machine?
The process of installing it is performed in the following order:
- Connection to the sewage system.
- Connect the washing machine to the water supply.
- Electrical connection.
- Setting the machine by level
Draining water from a washing machine
There are three types of connection of the washing machine to the sewage system:
- Drain water in the toilet or bathroom.
- Drain the water into the siphon.
- Connection to sewage
The easiest way is to drain the water into the bathroom or the sink (if the washing machine is installed in the bathroom). To do this, you need a hose through which all the dirty water will merge. It must be fastened so that the top is 60 cm above the washing machine, the hose is fixed by means of special fasteners or rope, because under the pressure of water it can fall to the floor.
So it looks like a siphon under the sink of a washing machine
In order not to bother with hoses, it is possible to make a sink through the siphon. Siphon with a special tap for washing machines can be bought at any specialized store or market. The outlet must be above the siphon so that dirty water from the sewer does not enter the device. This way of draining is considered the most reliable, because water can not spill onto the floor.
When you connect the stilalki to the sewer, you can buy an additional siphon. The drain hose is connected to the device on one side at a height of 80 cm, on the other hand it is introduced into the sewer pipe through a siphon. It is very important that the hose is in a straightened state, otherwise there will not be a discharge.
Automatic washing machine connection to the water supply system
When you bring water to the device yourself, it is important to take into account the water pressure in the pipes and the level of its contamination. To clean the water install filters, they will increase the life of your equipment. The filter cuts into the water pipe using a tee.
For supplying water to the styralka, it is possible to use ready-made bends to the drain tank or mixer, or to connect via a tee.
There are the following options for connecting the washing machine to the water supply:
- Cutting into the pipeline using a crimp coupling. This requires a ¾-inch hose. One part of the hose is fed to the machine, and the other to the valve, which we cut into the water pipe by means of a coupling. The parts of the coupling are shown in the figure. It is fastened to the pipe using bolts, a hole is made for the flow of water in the pipe. A tap is inserted into the threaded hole, which turns on and off after each wash.
- Connect the washing machine to the water pipe in a simpler way using a tee. A flexible hose is connected to the mixer or to the water supply to the drain tank. Using a tee, the hose is attached to the mixer. This variant of connection is temporary, since during washing the hose of the mixer needs to be unscrewed.
- If in your home there are metal-plastic pipes, then a tee-fitting is used to connect to the water pipe. Cutting a piece of pipe in the right place, a tee is inserted, to which the ball cock joins.
To water through the tee does not leak, use seals. Tee, coupling, fitting, adapter, ball valve can be purchased at special stores.
You can connect a washing machine not only to cold, but also hot water.
Connection to hot water: how effective is it?
Sometimes, making a connection to the water supply on their own, many people bring the machine to hot water. To do this, also use a tee for conventional pipes, and a tee-fitting for metal-plastic pipes.
When connecting to hot water, you can save electricity, but at the same time, you need to consider the ways of supplying hot water:
- centralized delivery of hot water;
- heating with local water heaters.
With a centralized supply of hot water, its temperature is +50... + 70 degrees. The device in the initial stage of washing can take a temperature such as an emergency situation and stop the whole process. Therefore, if all the norms for supplying hot water to public utilities are fulfilled, then in this case it is only possible to supply cold water.
When heated by local heaters, connection to hot water is possible only with the condition of constant temperature change on the water heater. When soaking the laundry, the water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees, at the time of washing the temperature choose on the basis of the degree of contamination of the laundry, rinse at the most minimal temperature.
Therefore, when you connect to hot water, weigh the pros and cons.
How to connect the washing machine to the power supply correctly?
Since it is a question of constant contact of the device with water, it is best to call a specialist for these purposes. But if you are confident in your abilities, you can do it yourself.
The following conditions must be taken into account:
- The washing machine must be installed near a three-wire electrical outlet.
- A grounding bar must be installed in the shield, the wire must be securely insulated.
- If necessary, use only an extension cord with ground.
- For a grounding electrical cable, use a wire with a cross section of more than 3 mm.
As you can see, knowing all the steps and rules, installing a washing machine is a simple process.
Installation of washing machine automatic level
That the new washing machine worked long and faultlessly, for this it is necessary to establish it strictly according to the level. First install the washing machine machine on the prepared place, then take a small level and achieve the ideal location of the stylalki in the horizon line. Below the washing machine there are support legs. By slowly twisting them you can achieve the necessary horizontal. In modern washing machines the machine, such legs are only in front, the rear legs are not regulated, so the entire leveling process occurs only at the expense of the front legs.
It is not recommended to fit pieces of linoleum or brusochka under the washing machine - this can lead to excessive vibration. To install the stylalky ideal for concrete floor. Adjusted support feet are important to fix in the necessary position - for this each supporting leg is equipped with a lock nut. If you do not fix the locknut, then with each washing the legs will loosen, resulting in the level of the washing machine will go down, and you will need to reinstall the washing machine with your own hands.
Installing the washing machine under the sink and countertop
In a more modern design of the arrangement of rooms, the installation of a washing machine under the sink in the bathroom became widespread. It not only looks beautiful, but also provides space saving.
The figure shows the scheme of the correct installation under the sink.
For such arrangement of a bath it is necessary:
- choose a special machine for a shell-lily with a size of 60 x 30 cm;
- a sink size 60 x 60 cm;
- the sink should be set so that it protrudes slightly over the machine, so water will not spill onto the equipment;
- The drain pipe from the sink must pass behind the machine, not above it.
For economy of means it is possible to buy at once in the complete set the machine and a bowl.
In the kitchen, the washing machine can be hidden under the countertop or placed in a closet where it will not be visible at all. If there is very little space in the kitchen, then machines with vertical loading are installed, because its width is only 40 cm.
If there is enough free space, then under the tabletop machines are installed with a horizontal load of laundry.
By following all the instructions and adhering to the advice, you will know how to connect the washing machine yourself without any problems.