The content of the article:
Lazy cabbage rolls, a recipe with a step-by-step photo that should be sure to have any mistress, is an excellent alternative to the usual option. They do not taste like taste, but their preparation takes much less time. In addition, there is no need to worry that the cabbage leaf will break, and the appearance of the dish will be spoiled. Lazy cabbage rolls can be cooked from any kind of minced meat with the addition of rice or buckwheat. Also, there are lean recipes, which are suitable also as a side dish for meat dishes.
Lazy cabbage rolls and advice on how to prepare them
Lazy cabbage rolls are made from the same ingredients as the classic version - minced meat, cabbage and cereals. In the traditional recipe, forcemeat is wrapped in cabbage leaves and stewed over low heat in sauce, and this manipulation is not always obtained even by experienced housewives. Lazy cabbage rolls are prepared much easier - all components are crushed, mixed and cooked in a frying pan or in the oven. They are easy to form as cutlets and cook for future use: a small amount to send to the stove immediately, and the rest to freeze in the freezer.
Many children do not like cabbage, and to persuade them to eat ordinary cabbage rolls is completely very difficult. In a lazy recipe, all the ingredients are mixed, so the baby will not only eat meat with rice, but also vegetables.
There are several tips on how to prepare lazy cabbage rolls delicious and how to choose the right products for them:
- meat for minced meat can be chosen from fatty varieties (pork) - it keeps the form better, and cabbage and cereals neutralize the fat;
- rice before cooking it is necessary to pour hot water or boil to the state of semi-preparedness;
- the percentage of rice to meat should be at least 1/3 and not more than 2/3 - if it is more, cabbage rolls will not keep the shape, and if less, they will not get juicy enough;
- most commonly used white cabbage - the main thing that it was fresh, and the shape of the leaves does not matter.
Lazy cabbage rolls are an independent dish. They contain both proteins, carbohydrates, and a large amount of fiber. The way they are fed depends on the composition and method of preparation. Usually tomato sauce is used, but you can experiment with it - it goes well with sour cream, mustard and various seasonings.
Cooking in the Multivariate
Cooking lazy cabbage rolls in a multivark is much more convenient - here you can choose the desired mode and simplify the task even more. This recipe will need the same ingredients as for classic cabbage rolls:
- half a kilo of minced meat;
- 200-300 g of fresh cabbage;
- carrots - 1 or 2 pieces;
- small bulbs - 2 pieces;
- a glass of rice;
- 1 egg;
- a few spoons of thick tomato paste;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation of cabbage rolls in the multivark takes no more than an hour. The process is accelerated due to the fact that the dish is not stewed in the oven or pan, but with the correct mode selected. However, several products must be prepared separately before they are placed in the multivark.
- Cabbage is cut into pieces or tinder on a large grater. Then it should be poured with boiling water and left in a separate container. It will be needed later, when forming cabbage rolls, but for now it should soften a little.
- Onions and carrots rub on the grater (half of the whole serving) and spread to the bottom of the form of the multivark. This will be a layer on which later it will be necessary to put lazy cabbage rolls.
- Rice should be boiled separately until half cooked or simply pour boiling water. It should not crumble when forming cabbage rolls.
- The next stage will be cooking stuffing. In a separate container you need to combine meat, cabbage, rice, second half of vegetables, add egg, salt and spices.
- From the stuffing form small balls and spread them in the form of a multivark on a pillow of vegetables. It is better if they are placed in the same layer, but you can put it in a few.
- Next cabbage should be filled with sauce. To do this, tomato paste is mixed with sour cream and spices, and then diluted with water to a uniform consistency. The amount of sauce should allow it to completely cover the cabbage rolls.
Multivarka is included in the "quenching" mode. The dish should be cooked for at least 20 minutes, after which it can immediately be laid out on plates and served on a table. The sauce in these cabbage rolls turns liquid, and its remnants can be used as gravy for garnishes.
Lazy cabbage rolls in the oven
A classic recipe is lazy cabbage rolls with rice and minced meat. It is better to use pork or ground beef to make the dish more juicy. A complete list of ingredients for cooking lazy cabbage in the oven will include:
- 600 g minced meat;
- half medium white cabbage;
- 2 eggs;
- 60 g of large rice;
- a few pinch of black pepper and salt (to taste);
- 1 medium carrot and 2 onions.
Separately, prepare the ingredients for the sauce. In the traditional recipe of lazy cabbage rolls, it is prepared from tomato paste with the addition of salt and spices. If the paste is too thick, it will have to be diluted with water. Another option is to use tomato juice with spices. In the process of extinguishing cabbage leaves, the excess liquid evaporates and turns into an aromatic gravy.
A step-by-step recipe for lazy cabbage rolls with a photo in the oven will consist of the following stages:
- First you need to prepare vegetables for minced meat - onions and carrots. They are cleaned, rubbed on a grater and sent to a frying pan. On slow fire, the roast is passaged until a golden hue appears, and then it is removed from the plate and left to cool.
- The next step is to prepare rice. It is washed under cold water, and then cooked at low heat until it is ready. After the croup has been removed from the plate, it must be rinsed once more underwater. So she will not continue to steam out in a hot saucepan.
- Next, you need to finely chop the cabbage - this is the last ingredient you will need to make minced meat. It can also be ground in a blender - this option is suitable if you want to mask the presence of this component in a prepared dish.
- All components are combined in a separate container, salt and pepper are added to taste. It is important that the prepared forcemeat does not disintegrate. If it is not dense enough and does not hold the shape well, you can add one more egg.
- Then from minced meat you need to form cabbage rolls, they will resemble cutlets. Lazy cabbage rolls in a frying pan are fried until a golden crust appears. It is not necessary to fry them until they are ready, because they will go through one more stage of cooking.
- Next cabbage should be placed in the oven and continue to simmer them in the sauce. To do this, tomato juice or paste is combined with sour cream, salt and spices. The dish is baked in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 degrees, then immediately served on the table.
The only thing that can be served along with cabbage rolls is fresh vegetables. With meat dishes and side dishes they do not combine, because they contain both carbohydrate and protein components.
Recipe in the oven without roasting
Lazy cabbage rolls with cabbage and minced meat can be prepared in a simpler way. Cutlets from minced meat will not need to be fried in a frying pan - enough to knock them in the oven with sauce. List of ingredients that will be needed for cooking lazy cabbage in the oven:
- 500-600 g of mixed minced meat (beef in half with pork);
- fresh vegetables: 200 g cabbage, carrots (1-2 pieces) and 2 small onions;
- 100 g of dry rice;
- 1 tablespoon of flour;
- 1-2 eggs;
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes and several spoons of tomato paste for sauce;
- salt, pepper to taste.
A step-by-step recipe for lazy cabbage rolls with a photo is useful to every hostess. This dish is useful, natural and satisfying, and for its preparation only simple and accessible ingredients will be needed. If you replace mincemeat with less fat (for example, chicken), cabbage rolls will turn out to be dietary. They are prepared without the addition of fat and vegetable oils, so they contain no more than 150 calories per 1 piece.
- The first stage is the preparation of cabbage. It must be finely chopped or poured with boiling water, so that it becomes softer and then completely faded. If you use young, Peking or other kinds and cabbage varieties to prepare lazy cabbage rolls, it's easy enough to cut it.
- In a separate container, you should rinse the rice under water and boil it over low heat. After boiling it is enough that he languishes for another 10-15 minutes. If it remains not sufficiently cooked, it will not be felt in the finished dish. The main thing is that the croup should keep its shape and do not interfere with the formation of cabbage rolls.
- The next stage is the preparation of the sauce, in which the cabbage rolls will languish. First you need to grate the onions and carrots finely. Onions are sent to a frying pan, and after the appearance of a golden crust, its part (2-3 spoons) is separated to be added to the stuffing. In the remaining amount of onions add carrots and continue to cook the frying. When it becomes light and transparent, about a third of the vegetables are laid for later - they will be useful when laying cabbage rolls on a baking tray. The rest of the vegetables are added a spoonful of flour, tomato paste, and if possible, juice or crushed tomatoes in a blender or meat grinder.
- Then they prepare the minced meat itself. All the ingredients are ready, they remain in one container. The structure of cabbage rolls should include minced meat, pre-crushed cabbage, egg, fried onions. Rice is added at the very end of the cooking - it should be warm and easy to warm up in hands, not crumbling.
- Minced meatballs form small cutlets. At the bottom of the baking dish, you must lay out the vegetables that are left after the sauce is prepared. From the top in one layer are laid the lazy cabbage rolls. They are baked for about 20 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- When cabbage rolls are covered with golden crust, they can be started to extinguish with sauce. They should be completely covered by it, and if the sauce is not enough or it turned out to be too thick - just dilute it with water. In this form, the dish should be cooked at a low temperature (150-170 degrees) for 40-50 minutes.After that lazy cabbage rolls can be taken from the oven and served on a table with sour cream.
If the cabbage rolls are cooked without preliminary frying in a frying pan, it is important to make sure that the meat does not remain moist. They will turn out more juicy, if after adding the sauce wrap the form in foil.
Cabbage recipe for the most lazy
Very lazy cabbage rolls are an option for those who have all the necessary ingredients, but do not have the time or the desire to stand for a long time behind the stove. They will look like a homogeneous minced meat and cabbage stewed with gravy. List of ingredients:
- 700 g of pork or ground beef, can be replaced with chicken or a combination;
- 1 average head of cabbage;
- carrots - 2-3 pieces;
- 2 onions;
- 3 large tomatoes or tomato paste;
- salt, pepper to taste.
To prepare the laziest cabbage rolls you need a large saucepan. Separately, you need to prepare a frying pan for roasting vegetables and a small container, in which rice will be cooked. Even a novice cook can cope with this dish.
- If it is necessary to defrost the meat, it is removed in advance from the freezer and left at room temperature. At this time, onions and carrots must be ground and lightly fried in a pan until a golden hue appears.
- Minced meat is transferred to a pan with vegetables and left on low heat under the lid for 15 minutes. In the process it must be constantly stirred. For 15 minutes the meat is not fried, but this time is enough. Minced meat is removed from the fire and allowed to cool slightly.
- While the meat cools, cabbage should be crushed with a knife or grater. Then it is placed in a separate frying pan and cooked on a small amount of vegetable oil. It should also soften a little, but it is not brought to full readiness.
- The next stage is the preparation of fresh tomatoes. They are washed, cut into small pieces and ground in a blender to a mashed state. If tomato paste is used instead of tomatoes, this step should be skipped.
- Next, you need to combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and send them to the fire. The first layer is a cabbage, it is laid out so that it completely covers the bottom. Then comes the minced meat with vegetables, you can add fresh seasonal greens to it. Then another layer of cabbage follows. At the end, the dish is poured with tomato paste or puree from fresh tomatoes. The dish should be cooked over low heat under the lid for 30-40 minutes.
Very lazy cabbage rolls in a saucepan is an option for a daily menu. You can also prepare separately rice and serve it as a garnish, and separately - to churn the meat with cabbage. This stuffing is also perfectly combined with buckwheat porridge and mashed potatoes.
Lazy cabbage rolls with mushrooms and Peking cabbage
Another variation is lean lazy cabbage rolls. Instead of fatty minced meat in them add mushrooms, and the usual white cabbage is better to replace Peking. This dish turns out to be dietary, as mushrooms contain fewer calories than pork or ground beef.
To prepare lean cabbage rolls you will need:
- 200 g of mushrooms (it is better to take oyster mushrooms, but you can replace them with any other variety);
- 200 g of leaves of Peking cabbage;
- 2 spoons of rice;
- 1 medium bulb;
- 1 spoon of tomato paste;
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream;
- salt, pepper, spices to taste.
Lenten cabbage rolls are prepared much faster than classic ones. Mushrooms are quickly subjected to heat treatment, in contrast to minced meat. This recipe is also suitable for saving time.
- Mushrooms and onions are crushed with a knife. They are placed on a frying pan and fried lightly, constantly stirring with a spatula. After 15 minutes, boiled rice is added there.
- Put whole or chopped leaves of Peking cabbage into the baking container. They put minced meat on top of which is covered with a second layer of leaves. At the end, the dish is poured with tomato paste with sour cream, diluted with water.
- The capacity is put in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. When the dish is ready, it is not recommended to take it immediately. Golubtsy will be more juicy, if you leave them to languish in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Lazy cabbage rolls with Peking cabbage and mushrooms are simple and useful. This recipe is suitable for a summer diet, when you do not want to eat high-calorie meat dishes. When serving, such cabbage leaves are decorated with fresh herbs, you can serve them separately with a salad of vegetables.
Lazy cabbage rolls with fresh cabbage, meat and rice are a nutritious and healthy dish. It is present in Polish and Russian traditional cuisine in different variations. In winter, these cabbage rolls quickly satisfy hunger at the expense of high calorie content. The summer version is a recipe with mushrooms and fresh vegetables. It is light and dietary, so it will suit even those who watch the figure.