- Pros and cons of the plasterboard ceiling in the kitchen
- Thinking Design
- How to choose materials: HA-sheets, putty and paint
- We make a single-level ceiling on our own
A suspended ceiling in a gypsum board kitchen will be the best solution for facing the ceiling of the kitchen due to the excellent material qualities - eco-friendliness, moisture and fire resistance, lightness and flexibility.
Pros and cons of the plasterboard ceiling in the kitchen
The ceilings of plasterboard in the kitchen have great potential and many advantages:
- Can hide or disguise communications - wiring and pipes;
- Defects and unevenness of the ceiling will also not be visible;
- This is a great way to divide the kitchen space into zones - working and dining, especially topical zoning for a combined kitchen-living room and studio apartment;
- You can come up with any ceiling design that can become an accent in the interior of your kitchen;
- When installing gipsokartonnyh sheets, you can additionally insulate and soundproof the room;
- You can rethink the lighting of the kitchen - create niches for lighting, install spot lights in the work area, and hang a chandelier over the dining table, as is currently fashionable;
- Gypsum boards are quite strong, so the ceiling structure will not crack because of the movement of the ceiling or walls.
Disadvantages of plasterboard ceiling:.
- Unfortunately, a minimum of 7 cm of height will inevitably be lost, which means for a kitchen with low ceilings, this type of finish will not work;
- In addition, the installation of a suspended gypsum cardboard ceiling (especially a two-level and complex design) requires some skills, as well as time, the availability of tools, the help of a partner and forces;
- Over time, the ceiling can be deformed, cracked in the joints.
To correctly choose the design on the basis of which two-level ceilings from plasterboard will be created, it is necessary to evaluate the following criteria:
- The configuration of the room and its dimensions;
- Finishing methods, permissible in the general interior solution;
- Color and texture;
- Used lighting;
- Applied decorative additions.
There are also requirements and recommendations that should be considered:
- In the kitchen area, a hood with a cooking surface is mandatory. The airway necessary for this device is best hidden under the ceiling, which is falling in this part.
- You can lower the entire perimeter of the ceiling, leaving the central part at the same level. This option is suitable for those who appreciate the symmetry - elements with reduced altitude can be used for spotlights. With such lighting devices it is easy to make zoning of the kitchen space.
- To create a positive effect, the lighting in the kitchen can be supplemented with neon ribbons.
- As for color, it is better to choose pastel, muted shades for suspended structures. And the use of glossy textures will help make the room visually more spacious.
Suspended ceiling from gypsum cardboard in the kitchen can be performed in various ways. It can be a single-level flat structure, no different from the usual ceiling. This traditional design fits into any interior.
A surface with protrusions and recesses can delimit space and hide communications.
Suspended ceilings in the kitchen, if the height of the room allows, often have a design of several tiers. Most often, a ceiling is made of two levels - a ceiling-base and a convex geometric figure along the perimeter of the room or in the center.
Abstract corner elements, as well as ovals, semicircles and other figures are very relevant. Such a complex design is more like a spacious kitchen with high ceilings.
However, in a small or medium kitchen, you can also distinguish the dining area with ceiling gypsum plasterboard figures.
However, do not forget that any suspended structure "will take" a few precious centimeters in height Therefore, for miniature and low kitchens a complex design of ceilings is not recommended - it is better to choose single-level ceiling.
If desired, you can create a combination of stretch and gypsum plasterboard ceiling.
How to choose materials: HA-sheets, putty and paint
- Ceiling sheets of gypsum board are lighter than wall panels, and most often have a thickness of 8.5 - 9.5 mm.
- To the ceiling of gypsum board in the kitchen pleased you as long as possible, you need to choose a moisture-resistant material. If you use a regular GK-sheet, the design will very quickly become unusable, because the kitchen has a high level of humidity. A moisture-resistant plasterboard is not deformed either by water or by sudden temperature changes.
- To hinged ceilings in the kitchen to maintain their impeccability for a long time, it is recommended to carefully choose the filler and decoration materials. They must also be waterproof and have a long service life. Poor quality putty can crack "spiderweb". As for the paint, it should be suitable for areas with high humidity, it is easy to be applied to horizontal surfaces and to be resistant to ultraviolet radiation.
And how correctly to calculate the consumption of materials - the number of sheets, hangers, profiles, guides and crabs?
Draw by hand (in accordance with the scale) or in the program of your ceiling plan and place on it sheets of GC, Guide along the perimeter of the kitchen, and the supporting profiles - across, then mark where the crabs will be located and hangers.
We make a single-level ceiling on our own
To trim the ceiling with plasterboard sheets with your own hands, you first need to prepare all the necessary tools and materials.
Actually, the process of installing ceilings includes 4 main stages:
- Creating a framework of special profiles;
- Gypsum board fixing;
- Plastering and painting (decorating) the surface;
- Installation of the lamp and lighting.
If you plan to install the kitchen ceiling yourself, then invite at least one assistant. After all, gypsum boards are heavy enough to lift them to one.
To make a false ceiling in the kitchen with your own hands, perform the following sequence of actions:
- Find the lowest point on the surface and mark the walls. This requires a thread marker and a water level.
- On the marked stripes is fastened UD-profile, after which the design is expanded over the whole plane by the profile of CD. Elements are fixed with special mounting plates and dowel-nails.
The distance between the fasteners should be 500-600 mm.
- Gypsum boards are attached to the framed frame. For this, screws with a pitch of 200 mm are screwed in, no more. If the gypsum board is to be cut during installation, a special cutter or knife is used for this.
- Completely sheathed HK ceiling shpaklyuyut - at first, seal all the seams to ensure the integrity of the structure.
- The sutures are covered with a patter and once again shpaklyuyut, after which they pass the entire surface.
- After the putty is dry, the surface is decorated - painted or wallpapered.
- . Ceiling in the kitchen - 7 ways to decorate.
- . Roof ceiling in the kitchen - features selection and installation.
- . Plastic panels on the ceiling of the kitchen are profitable and practical.
- . Stretch ceilings in the kitchen - design, care, myths and reality.
- . How to repair the ceiling in the kitchen with your own hands.