- Classification of slats
- Roof ceiling in the kitchen - pros and cons
- How to choose the right material
- How to properly install the rack ceiling in the kitchen with your own hands
Reechnye ceilings for the kitchen consist, in fact, of aluminum rails with curved edges. The standard lengths of the rails are 300 and 400 mm, and the widths are 90, 100, 150, 200 mm. The thickness of the material also differs - the strength of the resulting structure directly depends on it.
Not only can the dimensions of the racks differ, but also their design, and the type of special protective coating. Reiki can be not only the color of metal, but also any other, as they are covered with several layers of varnish and other coatings.
In addition, thanks to the flexibility of the rails, you can even make a "curving" ceiling..
Classification of slats
Choosing the material for the kitchen ceiling, you need to know the types of structures:
- Discoveries type of lath ceilings: connect with a small gap, suitable for those rooms where the ceiling height is more than 5 meters;
- Closed type of lath ceilings: joined end to end, according to the principle of lining of wood;
- The ceiling with the addition of decorative interlocks: it apologizes for the open type, but the gaps here are covered with aluminum slats, so you can combine colors and "play with light".
The most convenient to use is the ceiling with inserts, but here you need to be careful in choosing a design - combining more than 3 colors is not recommended.
A closed type of lath ceilings in white, or veneered, harmoniously fit into almost any interior. This ceiling is really very similar to the ceiling of a wooden lining, which is a more traditional and expensive type of ceiling finish.
Roof ceiling in the kitchen - pros and cons
Reechny ceiling, like all other types of ceilings, has its pros and cons. But how good is it for the kitchen?
- The roof ceilings have excellent moisture resistance, thanks to which, the ceiling does not lose its attractiveness even in conditions of high humidity, therefore it is often used in bathrooms;
- The lath ceiling in the kitchen is very easy to clean;
- When installing between the base and the slats, there is a gap that can be used to lay the communications, so you can rethink lighting and install point lights or hang a lamp above the dining table, as it is now fashionable;
- This also eliminates the need to carefully level the base;
- Design variability allows you to choose racks, suitable for any kitchen interior;
- Durability, stability under mechanical loads, since the slats are made of metal - aluminum or steel;
- The material has antistatic properties and does not accumulate dust on the surface, which is very important in the conditions of the place where food is prepared;
- Reechny ceiling is more accessible than tension.
- Among the significant drawbacks, it is necessary to note only the decrease in the height of the room, because the rack ceiling has a suspended structure (from 4 to 15 cm). Therefore, for a kitchen with low ceilings, such a ceiling is not desirable;
- In addition, the assembled ceiling does not provide for partial dismantling for local repairs.
How to choose the right material
The rack ceiling is purchased with traverses and suspensions.
Before ordering the amount of material is calculated, for which the area is measured and added to the resulting dimensions of 2-3 cm per stock.
Advice! If your kitchen is of irregular shape, then one more carrier bus must be included in the set.
And to get really high-quality panels, you need to focus on the following recommendations:
- High quality rails are realized exclusively in a protective film, which allows to avoid damage during transportation;
- A set of lighting fixtures should be purchased immediately together with the ceiling;
- Reiki with increased thickness will ensure the integrity and durability of the structure.
No less important is the design of the rails, because their color palette is quite wide. Popular are:
- White ceiling rails with enamel matte coating;
- "Mirror" with chrome coating perfectly fit in the interior of the modern and high-tech;
- Reiki can be painted for gold, bronze and copper;
- Laminated veneer of natural wood - will suit not only for the kitchen in the classical style or country style, but for any other.
How to properly install the rack ceiling in the kitchen with your own hands
First, prepare the necessary materials and tools:
- The complete set of a rack ceiling with traverses and suspensions;
- Laser level and roulette;
- Dowels and self-tapping screws;
- Shears for metal;
- Knife, pliers, screwdriver;
The installation of rack ceilings in the kitchen does not differ much from their installation in the bathroom room, only in the bathroom walls can already be tiled, which somewhat complicates them drilling. And in the kitchen it's even easier to do and even a beginner can easily make the installation yourself.
So, the sequence of works is as follows:
- The height of the installation is determined and the ceiling is marked using a laser level. A mounting line is applied along the entire perimeter.
- Next, attach the end profile of the applied line. For rapid mounting, the perforator holes are made every 40 cm, and then the plastic dowels are hammered into them. After that, the profile is fixed in the prepared places with screws.
- When the end profiles are fixed, mount the traverses, which were previously cut to the desired length. First into the profiles themselves, and then the suspensions.
- On the size of scissors for metal, intermediate profiles and slats, which fix in the grooves of the end profile and fastenings of the traverse.
- Similarly, the next element is set, and an intermediate profile is placed between them, if any.
- The sequence of actions is carried out before the installation of the last river.
- The last bar is installed, which, if necessary, can be cut along.
- And now you can install the lamp in a pre-prepared hole, and your rack ceiling for the kitchen is ready.
More details about all the nuances of montage by yourself can be found in the following video:
- . Ceiling in the kitchen - 7 ways to decorate.
- . Plastic panels on the ceiling of the kitchen are profitable and practical.
- . Plasterboard ceilings in the kitchen - from design to installation.
- . Stretch ceilings in the kitchen - design, care, myths and reality.
- . How to repair the ceiling in the kitchen with your own hands.