Why does the washing machine motor not work? The reasons can be several - it depends on the type and structure of the electric motor. If you are faced with a similar situation at home, before calling the master, you can conduct an independent diagnosis.
How to get to the engine and repair the breakdown, read in the article.
Content of the material:
1Types of engines and the causes of their failure
1.1How to eliminate the breakdown by yourself
- 1.1.1Inverter type
- 1.1.2Collector type
- 1.1How to eliminate the breakdown by yourself
Types of engines and the causes of their failure
In washing machines, three types of motors are used. It:
- Asynchronous. Was used in old-fashioned washers.
- Collector. It is installed in all washing machines.
- Inverter. Used only in the latest models.
The inverter or the direct-drive electric motor is the hardest to check - due to the assembly features. The system with such a drive is equipped with a self-diagnosis, which, if the motor fails, gives an error code to the display. If this does not happen, then you can independently inspect the device.
The structure of the asynchronous and collector motors is similar. To test them, you will also need to disassemble the CM and pull out the motor. In collectors, there are often problems:
- With brushes. Soft graphite material is erased over time, especially if you often overloaded the machine.
- With lamellas. Due to short circuits in the network or overvoltage, the lamellas on the collector exfoliate.
- With windings. In the windings of the stator and the rotor, interturn closure or breakage could occur.
Therefore, if the engine on your machine does not turn on, proceed to disassembly and inspection.
How to eliminate the breakdown by yourself
Let's start with the dismantling of the AGR and removal of the engine from the hull.
Direct-drive motors can be found on the models of SMA LG and Samsung.
You can remove the inverter motor yourself for inspection, but you can not repair it if it is defective.
- After disconnecting the machine from the power supply, unscrew all the bolts along the perimeter of the rear panel.
- To remove the rotor of the engine, unscrew the screws securing the motor wiring.
- While holding the rotor in a stationary position, unscrew the central bolt.
- After removing the assembly of the rotor, unscrew the bolts along the perimeter of the stator assembly.
- Remove the stator, disconnect its wiring.
Did you see burnt parts on examination? Contact the service center. If you need to replace the winding of the engine, it will be easier to buy a new one.
This type is used in washing machines of Indesit, Candy, Samsung, Ariston, Veko, Electrolux brands.
To check the collector drive of the styralka, you need to get close to it:
- By removing the rear panel, under the tank you will find the engine.
- Memorize or photograph the location of the wiring and disconnect it from the motor.
- Unscrew bolts of fastening, get the motor from the case.
Brushes rub against the rotor, therefore wear out. Then the contact is lost, and the motor circuit breaks. At the same time, the motor starts to lose power, run in jerks, then start, then stop.
If you notice sparkling when connecting the motor to the network, it can talk about problems with brushes or lamellas. We described the methods of checking the engine in previous articles.
- On the sides of the case you will find protruding elements - brushes.
- Unscrew their fastener and pull it out of the case.
- If they are worn out, replace them in the reverse order.
Even if one brush is worn out more than the other, you need to change both parts. Otherwise, this will lead to uneven impact on the rotor and problems in operation.
With prolonged use, the brushes are wiped in the collector sockets of the cavity. Also, the lamella can peel off because the rotor has closed or jammed. You can understand this during a visual inspection. If there are burrs, unevenness, the anchor is removed and installed on the lathe for grooving.
The gaps between the lamellas are cleaned. To check them, ring the gaps with an Ohmmeter. If the device shows a short circuit, then you need to clean it up.
Determine the faults of the lamellas by scrolling the rotor. A strong noise indicates a breakdown.
The wear of the motor bearings leads to friction between the stator and the rotor. Examine the rotor: if it starts to wear out, it needs to be replaced with the bearings. When scrolling, the rotor will rotate unevenly, producing scratching sounds.
To remove the bearing from the motor, you will need a special puller. Choose it depending on the size of the bearing. When installing the puller, place an emphasis on the inner ring.
To attach the bearing to the shaft, it is possible to heat it with a blowtorch. After cooling, it will clearly sit in place.
When the stator and rotor windings are closed or broken, the engine loses power, hums, but does not turn. If the motor overheats and the thermostat trips, the washing machine will not work, the washing will not start.
The windings are checked by a multimeter - call the wiring and lamellas. Re-install the winding in case of a malfunction with your own hands is impossible. It is therefore easier to replace the SM engine.
Now you know what to check if the engine does not start. Operate the machine according to the instructions, then all its parts will last much longer.