When working, your washing machine makes a lot of noise? Do you hear strange sounds and creaks? Such signs may indicate the wear of the bearings. In most cases, they need a replacement, but even when installing new parts, they are carefully lubricated.
What kind of lubricant is used in bearings and what properties it possesses, you will learn in this article.
Content of the material:
- 1.1What is better to grease
2Stages of work
- 2.1Start by removing the panels
- 2.2Remove the parts at the top of the tank
- 2.3Move to the front of the case
- 2.4Disassemble behind
- 2.5Finish work
- 3How to lubricate the stuffing box
Before you get started, you need to find out which grease lubricate the bearings. There are only a few types of lubricants that meet these requirements:
- Have moisture resistance. Because the CM shaft parts are constantly in contact with water, you need a water repellent lubricant for bearings. If the water will wash out the means by which the bearing slides without wear, it will soon be erased.
- They have heat-resistant properties. Hot water in the tank and heating the shaft during rotation, can deprive cheap lubrication properties. Then water will get on the parts and corrosion will begin.
- Do not aggressively affect the rubber. Otherwise, the stuffing box can choke, which will lead to water leakage.
- Grease for bearings must be thick. Otherwise, it will simply flow out during operation.
Many users are interested in whether it is possible to lubricate bearings with Lithol and other automotive lubricants. Use of such a means is undesirable. They serve as a bad defense, so soon you will have to repair the stylalk again.
What means to choose?
AMPLIFON offers Italian manufacturers of the company MERLONI. It is a waterproof grease that does not wash out with water.
Anderoll is known for a convenient dosage of 100 grams in cans or in syringes for two applications. Produce means manufacturers of styrene Indesite.
STABURAGS NBU 12 is a water-resistant reducing grease for bearings, providing a high level of protection against wear. Heat-resistant and resistant to aggressive environments (cleaning solutions).
LIQUI MOLY «Silicon-Fett». Silicone grease for bearings of washing machines. Has a dense texture, heat resistance (withstand -40 ° C to +200 ° C). Good adheres, providing a high lubricating effect.
Huskey Lube-O-Seal PTFE Grease. Sticky, homogeneous texture, not washed out even by a water jet. It is heat-resistant, withstands from -18 ° С to + 117 ° С. High corrosion protection.
What is better to grease
Some people think that, above all, the stuffing box is being processed, whereas the support bearing is not necessarily lubricated. This is only true if you bought the original part.
Note! When handling the oil seal and bearing, never mix lubricants, as they may not be compatible with each other.
Stages of work
You need to start by disassembling the washer and removing the bearings. For any brand and model, the disassembly principle is practically the same.
Start by removing the panels
Remove the top cover: unscrew the screws holding it in place from the rear. Then push forward and take it to the side.
Unscrew all the screws around the perimeter of the back panel that hold it. Now go to the front of the case.
- Pull out the detergent drawer by pressing the catch in the center.
- Unscrew the bolts that are located behind the tray, as well as on the opposite side of the control panel.
- Unclip the plastic latches and remove the control panel. If you decide to unfasten all connections, take a picture of their location in advance.
- Open the hatch door. Unbolt the cuff and remove the clamp. Seal the sealing rubber inside the tank.
- Remove the two screws securing the lock. Unfasten the wiring from the lock.
- Loosen all screws securing the front panel.
Remove the parts at the top of the tank
Remove the upper counterweight by unscrewing the mounting bolts.
Now we need to get the powder collector. Using pliers, unfold the yoke, which fastens the branch pipe to the cuvette. Disconnect the pipe. Also to the powder receptacle are fastened the filler hose. You can detach them, but it is easier to remove them together with the valve. For this:
- Remove the bolt on the rear wall holding the valve.
- Disconnect the wiring from the valve and pull it out of the casing with the cuvette.
Also unfasten the pressure switch hose that is attached to the tank.
Move to the front of the case
Remove the front counterbalances of the tank by unscrewing the bolts.
If the heater of your styralka is located in front of the tank, disconnect its connectors. Then, using pliers, remove the cable ties and remove it from the tank. Remove the drain pipe clamp screw. Remove it from the tank.
Be careful, water can spill out of the nozzle.
Remove the drive belt by pulling it to the side and turning the pulley.
If the heater is located at the rear of the machine - unfasten its wiring, as well as the motor connectors. Now unscrew the motor bolts and pull it out of the housing.
Unclip the plastic clip and unfasten the pressure chamber, which is attached to the tank. Unscrew the shock absorber bolts. Lift the tank, remove from the hooks, pulling out of the case.
Place the tank on a flat surface. Remove the sunroof sealing rubber by removing the inner yoke. Turn over the tank and remove the pulley by unscrewing the central bolt. Pre-lock it with a wooden bar.
Divide the two parts of the tank by removing the screws on the perimeter. Take out the drum. Now you have reached the bearings. Now you will learn how to properly lubricate the bearing in the washing machine.
Remove the bearings from the tank. For this, seal the oil seal with a screwdriver and pull it out. On the bearing outer race, install the chisel and tap it with a hammer, knock it out of the tank. So do with the second element.
If you have decided which grease for the bearings is best to choose, then after cleaning, you need to remove the protective cover of the part. Inside the product is pawned.
But how is the non-sealed, closed bearing lubricated?
- Take the substance WD-40, sprinkle them with the details and wipe well with a rag.
- After cleaning, you need to open the lid, but it does not lend itself.
- Fill the inner ring of the part with a plastic bag.
- Take the tube with lubricant, cut the neck so that it is equal to the diameter of the inner ring of the bearing.
- Place the tube on the inner cage and squeeze out the grease until it starts to come out from the opposite side.
- Then start scrolling the bag inside to distribute the grease. If you were wondering: Do you need to lubricate the closed bearings, but now you know what is needed and possible.
- Remove surpluses. Install the part in place.
How to lubricate the stuffing box
Now about how to restore the omentum with your own hands. Of course, the worn seal can not be repaired. Remember the simple rule: if you decide to replace one element, you need to change the entire kit, if you want to perform quality repairs.
Lubricate the omentum better with a syringe. Fill the inner groove of the stuffing box and reinstall it. It remains to collect AGR in the reverse order.
You learned the better to lubricate the bearings and how to do it yourself. Video on the topic will help you in the repair:.