1 Types of mold and its harm to the body
- 1.1 types of mold
- 1.2 Causes of
2 Getting rid of the fungus
- 2.1 purchased material
- 2.2 7 folk methods
- 3 Finally
Mold or fungus - is very harmful microorganisms to human health. This attack can occur at any place. What makes it so terrible, what are its causes and how to get rid of mold in the apartment? I will answer all these questions.
Types of mold and its harm to the body
Apart from the fact that the mold spores can spoil any repairs in the apartment or in a private home, they are very toxic to the body, especially the children. The consequence of the negative impact of the fungus becomes a cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, the emergence of chronic diseases.
types of mold
There are several varieties of this fungus, each of which can become an unwelcome guest in your home:
- white mold. More often than not it becomes a habitat flower pots in which it appears due to excessive humidification plants. It can cause human allergies.
- green. May form on expired food products and cause serious diseases. Less commonly affects construction materials, such as brick.
- black. Enemy of man №1. Black mold in the house - the most common type of fungus that can affect any surface - from the wallpaper and paint to plaster, concrete and boards. It could trigger a human fever, headache, asthma, vertigo, bronchitis, pneumonia, dermatitis and lung cancer.
- mold blue. Most often appears on various wooden surfaces: parquet, window frames and furniture.
- mold rot. Spoils the wooden surface, in consequence of which they acquire brown or gray tint, they are also cracks.
Before you get rid of the mildew on the walls, you need to understand its causes. Among the main sources:
- frozen wall;
- dirt dampness;
- flowing tube;
- a high level of humidity in the room that is associated with poor ventilation;
- leaking roof;
- poorly heated room.
Recognize the fungus easy, I think, many times even seen it. One of the main features of its appearance - an unpleasant putrid odor formation on the surface of the gray patches of black and white.
To get rid of the harmful plaque, it is necessary to apply a set of measures. What? I tell ...
Getting rid of the fungus
Causes of mold found, now we'll get rid of it. I tried several means - all of them fell short of my expectations. But a word of caution - to protect themselves, any work on the cleaning is carried out in a protective mask and gloves.
There are different tools purchased to combat mold that clean the walls and other surfaces in the apartment from moldy plaque. Among all, I would recommend are:
- Antiseptic primer. It can be purchased at hardware store, where it is presented in a wide range. How to work with such a matter is quite simple: it is sold either as a finished product or requires dilution with a little water. Thereafter, the resulting composition is applied to the damaged surface (previously cleared of wallpaper, plaster and so on. D.), And all proper.
Antiseptic primer is used not only to combat the fungus, but also prevents its further appearance. Note that working with such a strong substance must be in a protective mask and gloves.
- Bleach. Another very effective means, the price of which is lower than the cost of a primer. As part of the bleach contains sodium hypochlorite, which is damaging to fungal spores. Dilute with water in a ratio of 1 to 10, and apply it to the pre-cleaned surface.
Note that you can use this tool only for cleaning glass, tiles and other non-porous materials. And here, for example, wood and gypsum board - this method will not save.
7 folk methods
If you do not want to use strong chemicals, you can appeal to a simple folk remedy. So, what can remove mold?
|Illustration||Means of applying the method|
Recipe 1. Vinegar
Using an atomizer spray onto the damaged wall vinegar, wipe the surface with a damp cloth. An hour later, rinse the area with water and ventilate the room well. If the damage is severe, the procedure must be repeated several times at intervals of a week.
Recipe 2. Hydrogen peroxide
3% peroxide solution must be applied to pre-cleaned from the surface finishing. Because the tool has a bleaching effect, it should not be used on painted surfaces.
Recipe 3. Ammonia
Action alcohol like bleach: it copes with injuries on non-porous surfaces, but not particularly effective for porous materials. Dilute the alcohol with water in a ratio of 1 to 1, spray the solution on the wall, and an hour wash it with pure water and ventilate.
Recipe 4. Soda
Perhaps this is the safest way to get rid of mold. Dissolve soda tea spoon in a glass of water and treat the obtained wall structure. Wait an hour and rinse the surface, but do not completely remove the soda residue. They are able to prevent the re-emergence of mold.
Recipe 6. permanganic acid
Dissolve potassium permanganate teaspoon liter of water and spray the composition of the damaged area. Then only will a good wipe the walls.
Recipe 7. Lemon acid
Fungus cope with their hands by using lemon juice or citric acid. Acid tea spoon dilute water glass, and the resulting solution treated surface. Such a method is perfect for cleaning the tiles in the bathroom.
I told you about the reasons for the appearance of mold and how to get rid of it. You just have to choose one of the available funds and get rid of the harmful plaque. To prevent re-formation of fungus, try to monitor the level of humidity in the apartment and regularly aired.
Even some recipes you will find in the video in this article. Any questions on the topic, you can ask in the comments - is ready to help!
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!