- 1 The shelf life of wines
2 Ways to store wine
- 2.1 Method 1. Stopping the oxidation process
- 2.2 Method 2. perfect vacuum
- 2.3 2.Umenshenie container volume method
- 3 Retention rules
- 4 How to insert the plug into the open bottle
- 5 Summary
My friend and I are very fond of once every six months to taste different wines, so buy a minimum of three grades. But we still have a little drink in each bottle. Before opening the bottle closed, we thought, what do we do with the remains. Seller liquor store, gave us a couple of practical advice. Them I will share with you.
The shelf life of wines
First you need to figure out how much wine is kept open. The rate of oxidation of wine with oxygen depends on the method of fermentation and the alcohol content of the beverage and sugar.
With these features manufacturers have long defined the shelf life of each of them:
A sparkling wine
After opening the sparkling wines are not stored more than a day. Gaza is rapidly leaving the beverage when combined with oxygen, so it is exhaled.
If possible, immediately close the bottle, so that the gases are not eroded.
This variety in the clear quickly loses its pleasant aroma and becomes sour taste. This wine is stored 1-3 days.
The shelf life of an opened bottle of wine of the class, as well as the white - 1-3 days.
Dry red wine.
Fruity intense aroma of the drink will not last more than 4 days if stored properly.
Semi-sweet red wine
Semi-sweet wine can be stored up to 5 days.
Check the directions on the label. Some red wines need to stand for an opened day to drink taste revealed.
Sweet dessert wine
The most durable among other open red wine can be kept for a week. Due to the high content of alcohol and sugar slows down the oxidation process.
Ways to store wine
Save your favorite drink after opening very easy. And it should be done exclusively by hand. Regardless of the type of wine, remember one rule - the older the wine, the less likely it save.
Before use, pay attention to the shelf life of wine - tainted drink can harm your stomach and other organs.
Method 1. Stopping the oxidation process
Chill effectively slows down the oxidation process, because of which the product and deteriorates. Placing the opened bottle in the refrigerator, you will extend the life of the drink at least 2 times.
If the refrigerator was a bottle of red wine before opening let it warm up - you need to drink to recover after cooling.
Method 2. perfect vacuum
Will save the drink in an open bottle of premature "death" vacuum pump. The mechanism of operation is simple: the device pumps out of the bottle once the air, thereby stopping the oxidation.
Simply use the device - all the stages of "saving fault" indicated on the photo below. The vacuum pump can be found in any wine shop. It costs an average of 1,500 rubles.
2.Umenshenie container volume method
Get rid of excess oxygen can be more naturally. Use for storing wine, or rather its remains of a smaller bottle. Instead of bottles suitable screwed net bank size.
- It is not necessary to store the bottle in a horizontal position. The upright oxidation area is much less so, and the probability of loss of useful properties of the beverage below.
- Do not let the wine with high temperatures. Heat provokes fermentation processes and enhances the rate of oxidation, which leads to deterioration of the product.
- Avoid UV rays. Wine can only be stored in a dark, cool place - so the drink will not lose quality.
- Provide drink complete rest. The oscillations lead to an acceleration of chemical degradation, and thus to the high rates of oxidation.
- Always close the bottle stopper. This maximum limit oxygen ingress into the container.
How to insert the plug into the open bottle
Open the bottle with a corkscrew - what could be simpler! But to close the drink - is not easy. There are a few secrets of how to close the bottle stopper.
- Dip tube in boiling waterso that it does not touch the bottom.
Use a sieve or a ladle, so as not to keep his hands over the steam.
- Leave the plug get steamed thoroughly for 2-5 minutes.
The larger tube, the longer you need to keep it. However, do not overdo it: a long stay for a few spoil the product.
- Squeeze the softened plug and insert it into the bottle.
From this point you know how much you can keep an open wine and how to do it correctly. Where and how to store the still unopened wine, you will learn from the video in this article. If you know of other ways to preserve an open bottle of wine - write in the comments, I will be grateful.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!