Content of the article:
Each stage of plant development needs nutrient intake. Their concentration in the soil may be insufficient, because many summer residents apply mineral fertilizers.
They are qualitatively distinguished from other types of feed substances, since they contain a large number of components. The main specialization of mineral fertilizer is to provide the plant with nutrients at the time of a particular period of its development. During plant growth, there is a need for a large amount of nitrogen, and during flowering and fruiting, potassium and phosphorus are needed.
Mineral fertilizers come in two forms:
- Solid( granules or powder).They are applied directly to the soil. For horticultural crops, pellets are more efficient to make with the help of a seeder. For pots and indoor plants used a thin pointed stick. The powder can be applied superficially, slightly loosening the soil.
- Liquid( ammonia, ammonia water).Fertilizer in this form is made immediately before entering into the soil. A liquid substance made in advance may lose its beneficial properties. It is introduced by pouring around the plant.
The presence of mineral fertilizers in different forms allows you to feed any plants in the necessary period of development.
Mineral fertilizers for indoor plants
For good growth, development, flowering and fruiting indoor plants also need to be fed.
Divide simple and complex mini-fertilizers:
- Simple contain one of the most important ingredients: phosphorus, magnesium, nitrogen, potassium.
- Complex fertilizers have nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus in the form of various chemical compounds, which contributes to faster plant growth.
On sale mineral fertilizer for indoor plants is sold in granules, in the form of a solution or MDS( slow-acting compound).
For a small number of houseplants, you can buy complex, ready-made fertilizer immediately. If there are many plants, it will be cheaper to purchase simple fertilizers in a large container, and mix the complex of useful substances with your own hands.
The main use of mineral fertilizers for indoor plants lies in their chemical orientation. It is they who are able to give the plants all that is necessary for their vital activity.
Which mineral fertilizer for potatoes will work better?
A prerequisite for increasing the yield of potatoes is the provision of a complex of nutrients. As a result of laboratory research, it was possible to obtain a lot of information about the relationship of mineral fertilizers with potatoes, as well as their influence on the yield and quality of fruits.
High potato growth and development results when the soil is fed with potassium and phosphate mineral fertilizers. Their application to the soil always gives a positive result and a good harvest.
The soil, which contains a small concentration of potassium, allows you to get an increase in yield up to 20 pounds.
Summer residents are recommended to use as mineral fertilizers for potatoes, only high-percentage potassium salts( 40% of the compositions).In this regard, potash nitrate will be an excellent potato fertilizer.
Under the early potato, a complex of potash and phosphate fertilizers is introduced into solid soil in the autumn after harvesting, before plowing. Fertilizers scatter on the garden. On sandy soils, if it is impossible to apply fertilizer in the fall, it is applied immediately before planting( superphosphate is used as a source of phosphorus, and potassium nitrate as a source of potassium).Phosphorus helps to increase the concentration of starch in potatoes.
Nitrogen fertilizers( sodium nitrate, urea, calcium ammonium nitrate, ammonium sulphate) increase yields up to 3 kg / m2, depending on the potato variety.
To determine how the use of mineral fertilizers affects the increase in yield in a particular soil, it is necessary to apply various combinations. And it will provide a full ration of the nutritional base of potatoes with a complex of such fertilizers as superphosphate, potassium nitrate and a nitrogen compound( except for urea).
Types of complex mineral fertilizers
A comprehensive approach to soil fertilization helps to provide the plants with all possible and necessary nutrients. Mineral fertilizer is inorganic compounds in the form of salts, which are used by summer residents to feed garden crops. Each type of mineral fertilizer is responsible for improving certain properties of the plant at all stages of its development. Therefore, the combination of several types of fertilizers is most effective for the overall development of the plant.
To date, there are several complex types of mineral fertilizers:
- Nitrophoska. It is used to fertilize the soil of garden trees and garden crops. This is a universal, balanced product that contains about 19% of phosphorus, 11% of potassium oxide, up to 17% of nitrogen. Boundary rate for soil - 80 g / m2.
- Nitroammofosk. It is used for certain garden crops. A fairly balanced fertilizer, which includes: 13% nitrogen, 17% potassium and 17% phosphoric acid. Bring in the soil at 50 g / m2.
- Diammophos. It is brought in soil in the spring under all vegetable cultures, during processing of the soil. Diamophos contains 18% of nitric and 46% of phosphoric acid. The normal dosage per m2 is 30 g.
- Ammophos. Active fertilizer that contains 10% nitrogen and 52% phosphorus. The rate of application to the soil - 20 g / m2.
All mineral fertilizers bring the necessary benefits to plants. Thanks to the use of such inorganic compounds, it is possible to give plants vitality in a specific period of their development. The most effective tool that allows the plant to provide all the necessary nutrients is a complex mineral fertilizer.