1 Causes of
- 1.1 species of fleas
- 1.2 How to identify
2 How to get rid of parasites
- 2.1 folk ways
- 2.2.1 How to use
- 3 instead outcome
Fleas can be a problem not only to pet owners, but also those who live without them. These blood sucking parasites are not so much unpleasant as dangerous. Especially for those who are faced with the problem of frequent occurrence of fleas in the apartment, I have prepared the material, which will tell you how to identify them and how to get rid of them.
Scientists know more than 2,000 species of fleas, most of which are free to live near to man. They can be found on every continent, in every climatic zone or country. Where did they come from in the apartment? May be several reasons:
- Most often, the source of fleas become pets. After strolling in the yard, the animal can easily bring on themselves fleas to the apartment.
- You are free to bring a parasite on clothes, having been in the cellar. The thing is that fleas like dark damp room, and mouse and rat are ideal carriers.
- Earthmoving fleas in a house outside the city - not the most rare. They often breed on the lawn, so bring them to the room is not difficult. They can also be easy to bring the collected herbs from the garden.
- Buying negligent traders of other animals, especially birds can also cause further problems with fleas.
Once one way or another to pet hair or your carpet, after some time the flea starts laying eggs. This is followed by several stages:
- The larvae are deposited on the surface. Since these parasites can easily adapt to a variety of hazards, they will breed in any conditions.
- For once the adult lays about 8 eggs. The life of fleas for the insect is impressive enough, so that for her the ones capable of putting 500 eggs.
- After about 4-10 days the eggs larvae appear more like small worms. They begin to feed adults waste.
- Assuming constant power and small individual growing up is carried molting. After 3 molts been formed insect appears.
In general, the life cycle of bloodsucking passes through several stages:
- the formation of the larva;
- transformation into pupa;
- adult emergence (adults).
Despite the fact that the size of an adult less than 5 mm, it is a method to jump high, which allows it to move out of the apartment into the hallway or another apartment.
Now you know how to breed fleas, it's time to talk about some of them may come to your home and how to identify them.
species of fleas
Classification of fleas is very complex due to the large number of subspecies. But I think that home owners are more interested in what are fleas in the house? Most often, these are three main types of them will be discussed below.
|3. of bed||
How to identify
If you once found at least one or two fleas in the apartment - you can be sure, there are others. Make sure that your house is attacked these insects can be one of the following ways:
- Inspect pets (if any). Carefully comb out their hair over white cloth or paper. You can also view the animal - most notably fleas in the neck, abdomen and head pet.
- Spread out on the floor beside the couch or the bed several blank white sheets of paper. Check them out in 20 minutes. If the paper is visible black dots - then the house infested parasites.
- Collect dust with a dry cloth on the floor, and dip it in a container with clean water. Flea feces are collected together with the dust, color liquid in a slightly pinkish color.
- Pet fleas can be detected with the naked eye. Outwardly, they look like a brownish-black spots. This parasite specific flat shape of the body with a large belly. Earthmoving flea slightly more elongated and they have a mustache.
How to get rid of parasites
So, how to get rid of fleas? Here are some ways to use folk remedies and chemicals.
To destroy parasites in her house, is not always necessary to resort to drastic measures, you can cope on their own. The first thing to understand - this is what fear fleas. These parasites can get away with the smell:
- tansy or Artemisia;
- chamomile Persian;
- pine shavings and sawdust;
- soda-salt mixture;
Proper use of folk remedies must be one of the following ways:
- A sufficient amount of wormwood and tansy lay along baseboards.
- Fill your pets litter pine sawdust. Do not forget your own hands is constantly changing with new chips.
- Chop the fresh leaves of Persian daisies with stems and spread the mixture all along the baseboards.
- Mix soda salt in a ratio of 1 to 1. The resulting mixture is thoroughly treat all carpets and bedding in the house. In this state, leave them for a day, and then vacuum thoroughly or knock on the street.
- Mix in equal proportions (by half a cup), wormwood and tansy. Pour boiling water over herbs and let them infuse for at least 12 hours. Soak a cloth in the infusion, wash it all baseboards and walls of a meter in height.
- Turpentine - another effective remedy for fleas. Note its pungent smell for a long time disappears, so that this method is more suitable for processing storage areas, basements or sheds.
Remember one important thing - no matter how effective were not folk ways, their effect will be much weaker if after using it you will not spend a spring cleaning. Do not forget to wash:
- carpets and track;
- all the furniture;
- window sills;
- slippers all family members;
- pillows and bedding;
- window sills.
Now the market offers a large number of special insecticidal sprays. They help very effectively to get rid of pests in an apartment or in a private home. In most cases, a single cartridge you have enough for 10 square meters.
When choosing to be insecticidal agents you need to pay attention to its composition.
- Organophosphates and carbonates - the substance is very toxic, but they are still allowed to use in everyday life. Found in all known dichlorvos.
- Organochlorines components to effectively cope with pests, but tend to accumulate in the tissues of humans and animals. This in turn can lead to the poisoning of the body, so I can not recommend these funds.
- Piretrium and pyrethroids - the most toxic substances. Despite this their effect can last up to 5 months.
How to use
If you decide to use an insecticidal substance, it is necessary to know exactly how to use it. Instructions for action as follows:
- Clean room of all the products for which the poison can get.
- Sprinkle dichlorvos or other substance on the floor, all baseboards and furniture. Also, treat all the walls at least a meter from the floor. Pay special attention to cracks in the coating, inaccessible places behind cupboards and furniture.
- In the presence of pets and treat them (not dichlorvos, of course, a special tool for animals sold in vetaptekah).
- Leave the room, closing it all the windows and doors. After a few hours (the exact time specified on the packaging of the drug), ventilate the room.
- After the treatment, do not wash the floor for at least 5 days. Fleas can die immediately, but will remain eggs which hatch after time new individuals. Do not worry if even for a couple of weeks you will get the parasites. But if after 3 weeks, the situation will remain unchanged, the procedure should be repeated.
Work with any insecticide should be carried out with gloves and bandages.
A little later perestirayte all the clothes in the closet (fleas could reach up to it), then iron the iron it with steam. If you have a steam generator, use it to clean all surfaces.
Thanks to modern insecticide sprays and folk remedies, which I wrote above, pest control becomes much easier. Now you know how to get rid of pests in your home and will be able to apply this knowledge when needed.
If you still have questions, watch the video in this article, there you will find answers to them. Or you can check with me all the ambiguities, just by writing in the comments.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!