What gathered to repair in the sewing machine? With regards to products of the time of Stalin, nothing. .. Works today. Modern breakdowns torment, a bunch of settings get lost, requiring correction to get the desired result. We have nothing against progress, but historians regard a society preoccupied with consumption as an intermediate stage. Like a tax on bridges erected by medieval feudal lords to cover tribute to pedestrians. It came to insanity: the buildings were built on level ground for profit. Substandard things akin to ancient savagery, will be a thing of the past. Do it yourself to make sewing machine repair yourself! The weak half is strong handicraft, when at home a strong assistant.
The History of the Sewing Machine
In 1953, the story of Clifford Saymak, the Ring around the sun, was published. The meaning of the plot: in orbit are countless myriads of Earth, located in parallel universes. Events developed against the background of the curious invention of the eternal light bulb. Then came the evening. Clifford described the fall of consumer society, the goods were bought once, the whole life was used, we remember Stalin. .. A revolution happened, working people, fearing of losing their jobs, began to smash modernized factories, the most interesting thing was built by people moving between measurements. On the ring around the sun.
Until 1829, the inventions in the field of sewing machines are called unsuccessful, although Leonardo da Vinci created the first blueprints that would be suitable for future generations. The epoch of the manufactories, the French tailor Timonie, created a wooden model, which they immediately began to copy and reproduce. One replaced several apprentices. Mass demonstrations of artisans who saw a threat to existence swept through( I wonder what the rulers will do, create scientists, a computer that makes decisions and knows how to wriggle will be immediately destroyed?).Things went far: 200 local tailors smashed the shop of new mechanical sewing machines, Timone had to run, fearing for the safety of life. Not the first case: the inventor of the weaving machine has a similar fate.
Throughout his life, Timoneux created a billion modifications of the sewing machine. Some technical solutions are still used by household, industrial modifications.300 stitches every minute made machines, today's electric models are able to produce three times more. Over 200 years! The frequency of computer processors doubles every two to three years( growth has declined since 2010).Sewing machine Timoney worked with silk, other delicate fabrics.
In parallel in 1834, Walter Hunt invented a model with a shuttle resembling a modern one. By 1848, Elios Howe created the first sewing machine, containing signs of the current. A fabric feed unit appears. The sewing machine is equipped with a horizontal curved needle, makes 300 stitches per minute, replaces three tailors. US workers rebelled, defeated the shop. The inventor had to flee, fearing for life. The last stitch must have been done by Singer. He gave the needle a vertical movement, introducing a modern look of jagged strips pressed by the foot. In 1900, a Podolsk workshop was built, where 5,000 people worked by the October Revolution. Initially, Zinger parts were brought from the United States, then began to be made in Russia.
Brazer, Janome, Bernina, other brands of sewing machines appeared. People are afraid of change, but change is inevitable. Revolutionaries hinder progress. Imagine if inventors gave up promising technologies. Mankind will continue to explore caves, trees instead of cities with high-rise buildings.
Setting up an
sewing machine Immediately I remembered modern, economical light bulbs. It was possible to talk with an old sewing machine, it became clear, probably, since the invention of the technology has retained the principle settings. The quality of parts was not right. Although they discovered smooth surfaces( nanotechnologies), they created strong alloys. Inside entered the main shaft with a crankshaft. Moving parts of the sewing machine work from it. What will be described below affects the repair of hand-held sewing machines:
- The needle is directly connected to the shaft. To ensure the translational movement up and down, held inside the crankshaft. An eyelet is made in the needle where the thread is inserted. When moving down, the fabric is pierced, the loop is captured by a shuttle moving in a circle, in one direction, in another. For 1 turn of the main shaft manages to run back and forth.
- The shuttle is driven by a separate shaft connected to the main shaft through a knee. The phase of the movement is regulated by a screw. You can rotate the auxiliary shaft relative to the main. Achieved synchronism movement. We will discuss the repair of the hook of the sewing machine.
- The third component, which provides the movement of the fabric along the seam in the desired direction, is jagged strips. Made of steel, move like a person's legs when walking. They go down, go forward, go up, go back. Each stitch has one cycle.
It is important to correctly set the vertical position of the toothed strips. When the needle is inserted into the fabric, the upper edges of the teeth will be level with the sewing machine table.
Unlike other devices, toothed strips are driven by two shafts. One is responsible for the horizontal movement, the other - for the vertical. The adjustment method is the same. The twisted screw on the axis of the corresponding shaft, changing the position of the segment relative to the phase of the main shaft. EFFECT: correct adjustment of the toothed strips.
It is important to ensure the correct position of the needle relative to the shuttle. Memorize the three landmarks to which you go. Pay attention: it concerns modern models, old ones are arranged differently, and adjustment is required once in a hundred years( twice since the invention)!
- In the lower position, the needle eye 4-6 mm below the nozzle of the vertical hook.
- The nozzle of the shuttle is compared with the edge of the needle - the distance the upper edge of the nozzle opening is 1 mm.
- When the upper edge of the ear coincides with the lower rim of the nozzle of the shuttle, the latter should extend beyond the needle by 1 mm.
Approximate landmarks, you can use, embellish the horizon, the need to repair sewing machines with your own hands.
What is regulated in
sewing machines Repairing an electric drive of a sewing machine is not the only thing you can do. The heel pressure is adjusted so that the fabric stops crawling. It is made by a special screw. Inside there is a spring, because the setting may be approximate, rarely required. This refers to the length of the stitches. For thin fabrics more frequent are recommended, thicker - rare. In mechanical machines, the handle often turns on the reverse, it is inconvenient, when you need to patch a patch, it is better to forget about the inscriptions.
It is much more important to correctly set the tension of the lower and upper threads. If done incorrectly, a series of unpleasant effects will occur when using a sewing machine:
- With a weakened tension of the upper thread, there will be loops at the bottom of the seam. Corrected by a special adjustment mechanism until the result is satisfactory. You can loosen the bottom thread with a bobbin screw. It is important to know: too low tension is not allowed - the seam will not work at all - too strong - the thread may break. The last two cases are faults, take note.
- Drag the upper thread too tightly - the fabric begins to tighten. Seen along uneven, heaving edges. You can release the upper thread, pull the bottom. Please note: do not be too zealous. The tied thread breaks, as mentioned above.
Ideally, the interweaving of two threads occurs inside the material. When the needle rises from the lower position, the eyelet is captured by the shuttle. A turn is made, an interlacing is formed. The needle rises, tightens the stitch. If the thread is incorrectly inserted - breaks. Youtube demonstrates the video: the serviceable sewing machine was taken for repair, the master did nothing, took 1000 rubles, returned the product. Then the situation floated out, disgruntled customers disturbed the gurus. The money was returned, accompanied by small verbal instructions.
With a blunt, thin needle skipping stitches. The thread number corresponds to the needle number. In modern sewing machines one feature that needs to be considered. For each needle, a guide stop was placed under the surface of the table, which does not allow the tip to go to the side. The distance to it is the greater, the thicker the fabric. Unfortunately, we can not give signs of a malfunction, just keep in mind: a similar setting is noticed. Repair of the foot sewing machine has a feature: the inclusion of the drive is remote. Except for the button, the difference is small. Repairing a sewing machine pedal is more akin to carpentry, soldering art.