The device of the blender is quite simple, this device consists of a motor and nozzle, stationary models also have a bowl with knives. In addition to the main components, the design includes a cord with a plug, a speed regulator, a fuse from overheating and some other small details. To understand what faults are responsible for certain components of the device, you need to know what it consists of. The main violations of the work of the blander include:
- The nozzle does not rotate. The problem may be the speed switch.
- Products are not crushed or mixed, or the device does not work as intensively as before. The reason may be insufficient power. For each blender, this indicator has a certain value, which contributes to the use of the device for certain purposes. Low power is designed for mixing and grinding soft foods, blenders have a higher rate, adapted for grinding solid food. Over time, with frequent use of the device, the motor may wear out, resulting in reduced power. In addition, if the blender is running on battery power, a lack of intensive work may indicate its wear or insufficient charging.
- Device does not turn on. If the device does not emit any characteristic sounds for its operation, the most common reason is the failure of the motor or battery. In addition, the reason for this may be a decrease in the voltage in the electrical network to a value that is not enough to operate the device. If the switching on sound is still there, but the nozzles are not spinning, you must turn off the device and check if something is stuck in the chopper.
- Do not switch speeds. The fault most often lies in the wire or control system of the blender.
- Broken knife. This is the most common problem faced by the hostess after a long use of the device. In this case repair of the broken elements is impossible, it is necessary to completely replace the grinders, if possible. Not all models have the ability to replace parts, this must be considered when buying.
To troubleshoot faults, the device must be disassembled, if necessary, you can watch the video analysis, if you have never done repair of equipment, as a rule, there are materials for each modern model. However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that not all blenders can be disassembled without harm for them, in some models the case is molded plastic. In this case, you can either give the device to the service center, but not all of them will give a guarantee for such work, or try to unsolder the case, or immediately buy a new device.
Malfunction of the speed controller
This is a fairly common cause of blender breakdowns, but not everyone can fix the problem on their own, since this requires at least minimal knowledge of radio engineering. For this reason, it is advisable to return the device to a service center, but if necessary, you can repair it yourself. To do this, you need to disassemble the blender, identify the speed controller and unsolder it. After that, using the universal tester or another suitable measuring device, all the positions of the controller are called.
It should be noted that in most stationary blenders there is a blockage of the device, if the chopper bowl is not installed. Therefore, if there is a difficulty in the operation of the device or when switching speeds, it is necessary to check whether the bowl is firmly fixed.
If the blender does not grind food or does it unevenly or not intensively, the reason may lie in the blunting or breakage of the knives. Sharpening such knives at home is impossible, it can be done only in the service center. If a breakdown occurs, it is necessary to completely replace the grinding system, since it cannot be repaired. In this case, there are three options for the development of events:
- Knives are individual parts that are attached to the container of a stationary blender using nuts or threads. In the first case, it is necessary to unscrew all fasteners, after which the knives can be easily removed. In the second case, it is necessary to wrap the cutting surface with a clean cloth or towel to avoid injury, and then unscrew the part, making clockwise movements, as the thread is left. A new part must be purchased in the company store, then install it, fastening to the threads or nuts. In some models of the blender, the gland fits to the knife, so it makes sense to replace it too.
- Knives secured inside the bowl. This option is rare, but for some stationary blenders, it still takes place. To replace dull or broken knives, it is necessary to completely disassemble the chopper bowl, then disconnect the cutting parts and replace them with new ones. If you doubt that you can assemble the structure without losing any details, it is recommended to record the progress of the work.
- There is no possibility to divide the knives and the bowl. In some stationary models, the bowl is not collapsible, that is, the knives cannot be detached from the container. In this case, if they fail, it is necessary to completely replace the bowl with a new one.
Shutting down the blender.
The situation when the device does not turn on or stops directly during operation is considered to be just as common. As a rule, this happens after a long period of operation, as well as a malfunction may occur in low-quality models. In order to avoid the second case, it is recommended to purchase the equipment only in checked specialized stores.
If you notice that the blender has stopped working, you need to listen to its work. If the characteristic sound is present, it is necessary to remove the nozzle or disassemble the bowl, then press the knob lock button. Over time, it can nestle, causing the grinding parts are blocked, so you need to return it to its original position. The second scenario, if the release of the button did not bring the desired results - check the performance of the motor. If it is out of order, you must replace it with a new one. However, in this case it makes sense to analyze the prices, since in some cases the motor makes up a large part of the cost of the device, then it is better to purchase a completely new device.
If the characteristic sounds of the device is not present, it is necessary to go deeper into the problem in more detail in order to repair the blender with your own hands. The following components should be checked in turn:
- Electrical network. Often the problem of the device's inoperability lies in the failure of the outlet, which is usually used. It is extremely easy to check the presence of voltage, for this you do not need special devices, you just need to plug in any serviceable equipment in the network, for example, a lamp, a hairdryer, an electric shaver, etc.
- Power cord. To check the wires, you must disconnect the device from the network and disassemble the case. The cord can be soldered or screwed, it is necessary to measure the voltage on it with a voltmeter. If this problem is not installed, it is necessary to compare the resulting figure with the value that is present in the outlet.
- Fuse. A fuse may blow in the appliance, and the blender will not turn on. It is necessary to remove the part and ring it and, if there is a malfunction, replace it with a new one. All necessary parameters for the purchase must be indicated on the fuse.
- Fee. If the problem was not detected in any detail, you need to pay attention to the device board. Capacitors should not be swollen, resistors should be without traces and smell of burning, the tracks should be intact.