- Oven: gas or electric - differences and features
- Operational parameters of the electric oven
- Consumer choice
- Most popular electric ovens: Top rated models
Built-in electric oven - how to choose correctly in a wide variety of models and features offered? What criteria should be given preference, what should I pay attention to and what should I think about in the first place? Choose our rating will help.
It is clear that each hostess has their own preferences and we face such tasks quite seldom. Therefore, at first glance it may seem that this process is incredibly complex. In fact, everything is very simple - let's try to figure it out together.
Oven: gas or electric - differences and features
The traditional gas oven, according to independent ratings and surveys, is gradually becoming a thing of the past, giving way to more advanced and functional - electric ovens. This is easy to verify, even at the suggestion of stores, and the number of models presented there. To choose an acceptable gas oven today is somewhat problematic. But the choice of electric ovens is huge and impressive in its diversity. There are a number of logical and objective reasons for this choice.
Modern gas ovens, despite their few advantages( usual ease of operation and quick warm-up), still have serious drawbacks:
- the parameters of the supplied gas mixture are not stable and are different each time;
- emission of carbon dioxide and combustion products;
- oxygen burnout and increased dry air in the room;
- cannot set and control the exact temperature in the chamber;
- , and perhaps the most important of them and the most significant for each hostess, is the lack of complete confidence in the final result.
The electric oven is inferior to the first except for the warm-up time, while its other differences completely eliminate this difference:
- Extended functionality and a huge arsenal of useful functions, including: several types of grill, microwave, steamer, defrosting, cooking starterand dips, “multi-cook” with a set of standard programs for products( pork, beef, poultry, fish, vegetables) and dishes( cake, porridge, pizza).
- Accuracy of setting, controlling and regulating the temperature( from 50 ° C to 250–275 ° C) with different heating modes — upper, lower, combined, and uniform convection of flows in several levels with the turbo mode. Some of their models manufacturers additionally equip with a probe to determine the temperature inside the dish during its preparation. Special attention deserve: excellent tightness, low heat transfer to the nearby kitchen furniture and protection from children( with the doors locked from accidental opening).Due to the constructive solution of the door with the use of multi-pane glass - external glass is heated only to a comfortable temperature. Even if a child accidentally touches it - there will be no burn and unpleasant consequences for it.
- Cleaning the working area - catalytic( special plates in the oven walls split and absorb fat), pyrolytic( heated to a very high temperature, at which fats and fumes burn to ashes), hydrolytic( softening of secretions with hot steam).
- Easier to maintain and operate, and do not emit harmful combustion products.
Operational parameters of the electric oven
In order to choose the right oven, the main criteria are: determination of dimensions and volume of the oven, design and functionality, as well as its compatibility with the cooking surface( dependent and independent).The fact is that models of the dependent class can only be joined with “relatives” from the same manufacturer. For small families, the optimal volume of the oven is from 50 to 60 liters. Ovens with a useful volume of 70 liters and more are most in demand for large large families and catering establishments.
Do not forget that the power consumption of built-in ovens on average reaches from 2 to 4 kW.Not every wiring is able to withstand such a load without any changes - you should think about it beforehand before choosing an electric oven.
Functional modes and useful options:
- Microwave - two devices in one, a very good solution for those who prefer to frequently and quickly heat or defrost food “on the go”.Expensive and advanced European brands( for example, Bosch and Siemens) offer up to 12 modes and about 70 automatic programs only for the microwave function. For ease of use, they are installed in a column approximately at chest level.
- Steamer - they are equipped to generate steam: either a compartment for a tank with water, or a tray-pan, or they are connected to a water supply system( which is especially convenient for automatically maintaining the required level).At the same time, the steam does not penetrate, but circulates inside the oven, and the condensate accumulates at the bottom and then is removed or discharged to the drain.
- The probe is a very useful tool( modified thermometer) that fits inside the product and monitors its temperature and degree of roasting. At the right moment, he gives the signal to turn off. With such an innovation, constant duty at the stove, and the fear of overcook disappear.
- "Pizza" is a special feature of ultrafast uniform heating with several heating elements with the convention of flows, creating the effect characteristic of stone ovens. As a result, in a matter of minutes, the pizza is baked evenly and perfectly melted cheese.
- Defrost - natural fan blowing at 30–50 ° С or without heating at all. In contrast to the traditional and very common method of microwaves( in which the edges of the product are “boiled”, and the middle is damp), in this case we get an absolutely uniform state, although a little longer in time.
- 3 D - heating - simultaneous activation of all three heating elements with volumetric convection. Due to this, the oven heats up quickly and evenly bakes.
- Vario-grill - separate adjustment of power and heating sections depending on the size of the product( not the entire grill is used, but only its corresponding section).
- low-temperature sparing mode from 30 to 100 ° С - for delicate products( fish), yoghurts and preheating dishes before serving the table.
- Cold airflow is tangential cooling of the walls with cold air flow, preventing unwanted heating of adjacent furniture.
- Fixing the grids and baking trays on the door allows you to slide them out automatically when opening, which is very convenient, especially with the help of telescopic guides.
Electric ovens - a detailed rating and analysis of the market for 2016the products of such well-known brands as( share of the sales market, as a percentage) are used:
- 17% - Gorenje ( Slovenia, Velenje - gorenje.ru);
- 14% - Bosch ( Robert Bosch GmbH, Gerlingen / Baden-Württemberg, Germany - bosch.ru);
- 12% - Electrolux ( AB Electrolux, Stockholm, Sweden - electrolux.ru);
- 9% - Gefes t( Brestgazoapparat JV, Brest, Belarus - gefest.com);
- 7% - Hotpoint-Ariston ( Indesit Company, Fabriano, Italy, http: //www.hotpoint.ru/);
- 6% - Hansa ( German AMICA WRONKI S.A., production facilities in Poland - hansa.ru);
- at 5% market share:
- Siemens ( Siemens AG, Berlin / Munich - siemens-home.ru);
- Samsung ( Samsung Group, Seoul, Korea - samsung.com/ru);
- 4% - Darina ( Gazprom Domestic Systems JSC, Tchaikovsky, Perm Territory, Sutuzovo Industrial Zone - darina.su);
- by 3% respectively:
- Zanussi ( AB Electrolux, Italy - zanussi.ru);
- Whirlpool ( Whirlpool Europe, assembly production in Poland - whirlpool.ru);
- 15% - other manufacturers.
Based on the rating, it is not difficult to understand that sales leaders offer the buyer the best performance and quality at a reasonable price!
Most popular electric ovens: Top-rated models of
’s top sales rankings for built-in electric ovens, as of the end of April of this year, are the next dozen models( volume, liters / power, kW / number of modes / energy consumption class / price range, rubles.):
- Gorenje :
- BO, convection, timer, steam cleaning;
- BO 635-E20 ( 67 / 2.7 / 6 / A / 26260-31800) - double glass, AquaClean, child protection, touch control;
- BO 53-CLI ( 67 / 2.7 / 4 / A / 24469–29330) - lattice guides are more opposite;
- 622-02 ( 52 / 3,3 / 6 / A / 14530–16740) - automatic, seven colors of performance;
- 602-02 ( 52 / 3.3 / 6 / A / 13470-19260);
- 602-01 ( 51 / 2.05 / 4 / A / 9880-14420);
- Electrolux EZB 52410 ( 60 / 2.7 / 6 / A + / 17990–31310);
- Bosch HBA 23BN21 ( 62 / 2.7 / 7 / A ++ / 17990–31310) - an innovative advanced oven with a characteristic German retro design, an additional option is a quick warm-up mode, the maximum temperature is 270 ° C;
- Hansa BOEI62000015 ( 60 / 2.75 / 4 / A + / 11130–16120) - a strict laconic classic, nothing superfluous, 250 ° C;
- Samsung BFN1351B ( 65 / 3,2 / 12 / A + / 18179-27050) - three-layer glass, pyrolytic cleaning, protection from children, temperature range up to 300 ° C.
Based on the rating, you can choose the best offer on the market, be sure to get acquainted with the top offers from the manufacturers.
Rating criteria that guide consumers when choosing a built-in electric oven are as follows:
- heating method - electric( 92%), and gas( 8%) - electric ovens are increasingly in demand;
- design and design - modern classic style( 79%), retro( 21%), - the classics are still in fashion;
- usable volume( L) - & lt; 50( 9%), up to 55 inclusive( 12%), up to 60( 25%), and above( 54%);
- energy consumption class - A( 81%), A +( 7%), A ++( 10%);
- additional options - telescopic guides( 39%) - extremely useful function, do not neglect it, door lock( 35%) - useful for families with children, fat filter( 11%), thermal probe( 7%), double boiler( 5%).
Therefore, taking into account all the above, experts recommend a balanced and deliberate approach to the selection process, guided by considerations of expediency - sufficiency and necessity. The most expensive - does not always mean the best! And for unclaimed options and frills will have to additionally overpay.